Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#175239 09/24/03 06:52 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Greetings all. This past week a 'net site I regulary visit, The Queens of H/G is scheduled to close. The reason(s) given for this was an admin war that resulted in the total disruption of the site and now the closing. How do the LandC people manage to get along so well? Years and years have passed and you are all still like a happy family. The Queens site has been around for a few years but nothing like LandC. Have there been wars, close calls? I visited the Queens as often as I visit here to get my Lois and Clark "fix", now there is this void that, silly like it might seem to some, that will take a while to get over. Just imagine if this site closed down, with only a couple of days notice. It would seem like the end of an era to me, yeah I would get over it but it would be tough.

#175240 09/24/03 11:15 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It would be unrealistic to expect a large group of people to get along famously all the time without quarrel or incident. We've had our moments. wink

However, I think most of us are just out to enjoy and really can't be bothered wasting time on rehashing old arguments. Not enough hours in the day, not enough fun to be had. goofy

Suffice to say, like all fandoms, we've had our problems, but why waste time on history? It's past, it's done, let's get on with hanging out with friends and sharing a good time. smile

It's always a shame when fans lose out to such quarrels - thankfully we have avoided that in FoLCdom. Yay us! <g>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#175241 09/25/03 02:47 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi --
I used to visit Gryfftwr often too, but ran out of time when RL intruded. I did not know they were closing! Do you happen to know what will happen to stories that are in the "Restricted Section" (their version of nfic; smutty purple prose)? I wrote two of the fics in there(a couple of years ago). I'll go check it out and see what I can find.

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard