Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#174983 08/14/03 05:21 PM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
La la la...time to start a new thread. I'm doing Robitussin shots so if you don't find the pic funny...take comfort in the fact that I find everything funny. laugh

[Linked Image]

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#174984 08/14/03 05:24 PM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Rivka's response: Psst, Lois! It's me, the ficus.

rotflol

Thanks for responding, and best of luck to all. smile

#174985 08/14/03 08:36 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Lois: Excuse me Sir are you like one of those palace guards from England? You know the ones that don't even flinch when you poke fun at them? Hey Mister! is anyone home there?

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#174986 08/15/03 04:22 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois: "So you're saying you're Superman. Excuse me, but I don't think the suit would hide... ehm well, that figure."

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#174987 08/15/03 01:37 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Lois: So, what? You'll let Nixon get by with his face falling off, but you won't let me in? For all you know, I could be a cross dresser.

Guard: [Looks Lois up and down.] Ma'am, I hardly think you could be a man.

Lois: Humph. Maybe I'm a really good cross dresser.

Guard: I'm sorry, Ma'am, but this is a "Gentlemen's" club.

Lois: So which part, if I am a cross dresser, doesn't apply to me? The "gentle" or the "man"?

Samik

"I don't like people to talk for no reason, but I really love dialogue between people who aren't listening to each other." --Raymond Carter
#174988 08/15/03 01:41 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Lois: Clark, I know you think people are starting to suspect your superman, but don't you think this new descise is just a little over the top? I mean those glasses of yours had me fooled for years, maybe you could have just dyed your hair?

#174989 08/25/03 05:55 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
good afternoon, carl.

shhh. i'm sleeping.

carl, you're the doorman!

<mumble>

you're not supposed to be asleep while you're on duty!

hey, i'm union.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#174990 08/27/03 07:53 AM
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hmm 13 days later, I seem to have complete internet access agin...maybe I just jinxed myself. I'm still ROTFLing @ Rivka's so you're up!

rotflol
Jen

#174991 08/27/03 07:57 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Eeep! eek That means I have to go find a pic!

I'll be back shortly.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#174992 08/27/03 08:04 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ok, I'm going to cheat a little, and just use the pic KathyM picked for the quiz -- because my reaction when I saw it was that it would be perfect for captioning. laugh

[Linked Image]

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#174993 08/27/03 08:30 AM
B
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
B
Clark (thinking): I wonder who that is flying up there?

Lois (thinking) Hmm...I think Superman needs to quit hitting the junk food...

I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it.
#174994 08/27/03 12:03 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Is anyone else failing to see the pictures on this thread? It's taking forever to load for me and then all I get are red crosses. whinging

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#174995 08/27/03 12:29 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Labby, my dial-up is far from fast, but I'm having no trouble with this thread.

Sorry, but I don't think it's the thread . . . frown

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#174996 08/27/03 08:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"'the coconut cream pie of doom?' man, tank endings just aren't what they used to be..."

----

"hey look, a skywriter! what's he saying? 'ultrawoman, i love you. call me!' wow, ralph is getting really desperate, isn't he?"

-----

guy in a homemade costume, stuck to the side of a building just out of frame: "come on superman! what are you? too afraid to challenge me? come on! i can take you, and you know it. i don't even need super powers! i'm the human ant and i've got suction cups! and an acid gun! what are you going to do about that, blue boy? huh?"

lois: "that has got to be the most pathetic supervillain i've ever seen."

Paul

p.s. labby... i'm also on dialup, and have no problem loading the pics. you don't happen to have a firewall or something, do you? only other thing i can think of is that your browser is set to not show pics (maybe pics larger than a certain size?) or something, but i think you'd have noticed that.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#174997 08/27/03 11:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, Paul - nice to see you back with us. smile

I do have a firewall, but I haven't changed any settings on it and haven't had any problem before with other threads or photo sizes, so suspect that isn't the problem.

I asked Kae to take a look here last night and she had the same problem at the time. So no idea why this thread in particular is proving difficult. razz

Ah, well...it adds a new measure of excitment and adventure trying to figure out what the captions refer to. goofy

LabRat smile

EDIT: Okay, it suddenly occurred to me to go check out other photo threads which weren't a problem previously and they are exactly the same as this one - interminably slow to load and no photos at the end of it. Off to place a call to Mulder and Scully... wink

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#174998 08/28/03 12:45 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Rat, do you still have the same problem? It just loaded fine for me (after taking ages earlier this morning and giving me only red crosses like last night).

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#174999 08/28/03 12:47 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, no change so far. But if it's cleared up for you, I guess it might solve itself for me too at some point, so that's hopeful.

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#175000 08/28/03 04:30 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Err, I had a kind of a thought. All the pictures in question are from Christiane's site, no? Can you load her site ok?

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#175001 08/28/03 11:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good thinking, Rivka, clap and the answer is no I can't. I just get page not available. Which probably explains a lot. <g>

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#175002 08/28/03 12:20 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
thanks, labby. good to be back, sort of. well, i'm glad to be back, but i'm only sort of back. not signing on quite as often these days, for some reason, and i'm not reading fic for the time being (long story). but i am checking the rest of the boards, and i'm trying to be around a little more often. of course, with my parents making these silly requests that i spend time with them and go do stuff and things, i'm not on in the afternoon (evening, UK time) quite as much...

anyway, your pic problems are sounding pretty odd. i wonder if christiane's site is blocking access to certain addresses for some reason. virus or bandwidth restrictions or strange firewall settings or something. none of them sounds right, but it does seem that it's targeting certain specific comps or areas.

anyway, in the meantime...

the current pic is a close-up of l&c. they're outdoors (there are some trees in the background). clark is on the left, squinting up at something above him and to the right, out of frame. he's got this confused/skeptical expression on his face with maybe a twinge of disturbed/disgusted mixed in. kind of an "i don't know what i'm looking at, and i can't quite believe i'm seeing it, but i don't like it" expression.

lois is standing next to him, looking up in the same direction. her expression would probably best be summed up by "<sigh> yeah, figures." lips pursed, kind of resigned-looking. more of "well, that's pretty stupid, but stupid things tend to happen around here..." face.

from earlier posts, i'm guessing it's a shot of them looking at resplendant man, but that doesn't have to come into it.

that's the best description i can come up with. hope it helps, and hope you get whatever it is fixed. have fun. smile

Paul

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard