Page 1 of 2 1 2
#174940 08/06/03 12:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well, I'm not sure this doesn't belong to the 'Off Topic' section, but I found this link a while ago, and I thought it was funny that a travel agency was named after one of Superman-verse characters.

Carole smile1

#174941 08/06/03 02:25 AM
Columnist
Columnist
In Richmond, BC (part of the greater Vancouver area), there is a bowling alley called Lois Lanes. I used to snicker every time I took the bus past it...

In Burnaby, BC (also part of the greater Vancouver area), there is a shopping mall/entertainment centre called Metropolis. When some of my area FoLC friends used to get together, sometimes we would arrange to meet in Metropolis - it was just so fitting smile

Melisma (under her Rock, wondering how many other SuperUniverse place names the FoLCs can come up with - a challenge maybe? laugh )

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#174942 08/06/03 02:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!

I always wanted to go to Canada, now that's definitely a motivation.

In Burnaby, BC (also part of the greater Vancouver area), there is a shopping mall/entertainment centre called Metropolis.
We have a dance and night club called Metropolis here. And the funniest of all? It's near the airport smile1

PS:
wondering how many other SuperUniverse place names the FoLCs can come up with - a challenge maybe? )
Challenge? I love challenge! But, how about a listing first? <jk, well...>

#174943 08/06/03 03:05 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, a friend of my mom-in-law's lives off of Lois Ln, if that helps. laugh Makes you wonder how many of those there are in the US.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#174944 08/06/03 06:03 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Before we moved to Ramona, we lived in Suisun City, and only a short distance from us there was a street called (you guessed it) Lois Lane. I guess the developers couldn't resist.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#174945 08/06/03 09:40 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Using the name 'Lois Lane' is kinda weird, I think...

Here in Greece, though, there is a big... (is 'chain' the word used in English?), of CD stores named 'Metropolis'.

laugh laugh

AnnaBtG.

P.S.: We've found enough Lois Lanes. Where are Clark Kents?

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#174946 08/06/03 10:35 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
There's a Clark St. a few blocks away from me -- will that do? wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#174947 08/06/03 11:10 AM
neo Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Hey everyone,

Well, my ex-boyfriend's license plate was ... CJK 91. When I first saw it, I was like oh my god !!!
Cyad, do you live near Orly? How do you now the metropolis club? I went one, and found the music horrible... I'm not a night clubber.

Lucie

#174948 08/06/03 11:13 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
CJK 91
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol Unbelievable!!

AnnaBtG.

#174949 08/06/03 12:06 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
In Upper Arlington, Ohio (just a mile or so west of Ohio State University) Lane Avenue & Kent Road intersect. Here's a map from Mapquest. .

Does anyone think it would be neat to start a webpage that FoLC's could send in pictures of various landmarks, such as pictures of street signs that coincidentally are related to the show? jump

#174950 08/06/03 03:10 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think that would be a great idea... Unfortunately I don't know of any places off the top of my head that remind me of Lois & Clark and don't live by any Lois Lanes or anything like that grumble ...

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
#174951 08/06/03 08:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL Nan! I guess they didn't resist.

Anna, maybe your Metropolis is more linked to the greek signification of it?

There's a Clark St. a few blocks away from me -- will that do?
Sure it will wink

Lucie, CJK 91...Wow+OMG+LOL smile1

#174952 08/06/03 09:17 PM
neo Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Hey

Anna said :" Unbelievable!! "

Well believe it Anna, but he was no Clark Jerôme Kent, that's for sure....

And Cyad, I live at 20/25 kms of Orly's aiport. Do I'm not far. CDG is at the opposite.

Bye
Lucie

#174953 08/06/03 09:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that I think about it, there's a 'Ken Lane' pavement decoration rue de Castiglione, under the arcades leading to the Place Vendôme.

And Cyad, I live at 20/25 kms of Orly's aiport. Do I'm not far. CDG is at the opposite.
Not far indeed. I know CDG is the opposite, but closer was a matter of speach, by car it's something like 20 minutes by the periph' (that is, when it's not stuck with traffic jams!). But I guess my mother lives closer to you. She's not far from Porte de Vincennes.

Bye,

Carole

#174954 08/07/03 03:41 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Where are Clark Kents?
Well, the name of my town is Clarks Summit. And then there's a club not too far away called "Metropolis Cafe" laugh

Oh, and don't forget Kent State University (Ohio) or Clark University (I don't remember where that is at the moment)!

Fun topic! wink
~Amanda

Lois: Our byline is gonna look great on a Pulitzer someday
#174955 08/07/03 05:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fun topic!
Glad you like it smile .

Karen said:

Makes you wonder how many of those there are in the US.
Me wonders too. Infos anyone? wink

Now I have this nagging question following IsisLNC proposition. Does such a listing site actually exist?

Carole

PS: I know there's a Jimmy Hotel in Amsterdam , not to mention a song entitled 'Jimmy Olsen Blues' <g>.

#174956 08/07/03 05:19 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
Originally posted by Cyad:
or even Maysons then?
My hubby is a mason... goofy

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#174957 08/07/03 10:36 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Anna, maybe your Metropolis is more linked to the greek signification of it?
It probably is, but where did Superman's Metropolis came from in the first place? wink

IsisLNC, grat idea! Maybe we could create one.

not to mention a song entitled 'Jimmy Olsen Blues' <g>.
In BanAnna's signature there were once the lyrics from a song named 'Superman (It's not easy)' by Five For Fighting, which you can find in the Dawson's Creek OST Vol. 2. I've downloaded the song, and it's cool.

AnnaBtG.

#174958 08/07/03 12:49 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
A metropolis is simply a large city.

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#174959 08/08/03 02:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In BanAnna's signature there were once the lyrics from a song named 'Superman (It's not easy)' by Five For Fighting, which you can find in the Dawson's Creek OST Vol. 2. I've downloaded the song, and it's cool.
Oh, I totally like this song!

It probably is, but where did Superman's Metropolis came from in the first place?
Okay, I have to confess my total lack of Superman's verse knowledge here. But for me, and as Rivka pointed it, a Metropolis is a really, really big with a tremendous number of outskirts city.

My hubby is a mason...
smile1

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard