Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#174328 06/03/03 10:12 AM
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
I have always wondered why in fanfics Clark's favourite movie is always given as being the Princess Bride..... has it ever been mentioned in the show or did it just catch on?

Anyway I decided that I really needed to see it and have just spent the last hour and a half laughing my head off. It is truly brilliant - Clark certainly has good taste laugh

Well worth a look anyone who hasn't seen it already smile

HC wave

#174329 06/03/03 03:21 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It is a GREAT movie!

I highly recomend it.

I'm actually working on a Princess Bride/LC remake right now :p

-Breanna

#174330 06/03/03 04:11 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Hellos,

I definitely agree... this movie is a CLASSIC! Absolutely hilarious!!! laugh

#174331 06/03/03 04:36 PM
Blogger
Blogger
I don't recall it ever being said. I think most people just call it his favorite because of the way Lois calls Clark "farmboy" and loves to order him around, much like Buttercup in the movie does with Wesley. Also, there's the nice foreshadowing that they'll be together if one considers "farmboy" as a deliberate reference. I think it's possible the writers were big fans of the movie. I'm not that big on the movie, too popular for my taste and my sis drove me nuts with it, on Cary Elwes movies I much prefer Men In Tights.

#174332 06/03/03 09:40 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
IIRC, it comes from an old interview with Dean Cain, who cited it as his favourite movie. Thereafter, some authors thought it would be a nice in-joke to include it as Clark's and these days it's become something of a cliche.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#174333 06/03/03 09:54 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
IIRC, it comes from an old interview with Dean Cain, who cited it as his favourite movie.
Huh, interesting. Having never seen this interview, (shocking, I know <G>) I had no idea. I'd always assumed it was the farmboy reference as well as just the parallels between the two relationships.

I do love this movie. When I lived in the dorms my sophomore year, I used to watch it nearly everyday. I'd just pop it in for background noise as I did homework, chatted with me friends, etc. There's something sweet and conforting about the story. And there are certain parts that I love to watch over and over again. (Ironically, not the love scenes. By far, my favorite scene in the move is the sword fight between Inugo and six-fingered man.)

Annie (out of the loop, as always)

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#174334 06/03/03 10:33 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yap Princess Bride Dean`s fav movie. I have never seen it but just the fact likes it so much makes me thinking

sunshine(who is running to the next video store at the moment laugh )

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard