Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RL Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I got this inspiration by reading Wendy's latest long fic when Clark doesn't like the name Lois gives him, Superman (of course).

So what if Clark got the opportunity to name his superhero persona, himself? What name would he come up with?

Put yourself in Clark's place. What would you call yourself?

Though not terribly funny, I think I'd call myself, as the superhero, The Helper.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm...I would give myself a cool name, but seeing as how I'm stepping into the shoes of Clark Kent here, I bet I'd call myself...like...The Friend, or something.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
he wouldn't. he never does. he'd just keep showing up on the scene helping out and then flying off.

actually, there's a comic that deals with archetypal superheroes. it's called astro city. really amazing stuff. the best writing, the best art, the best everything. but anyway, one of the characters is based on the superman archetype (the details- powers, origin, civillian identity, etc- are original, but there are definite pointers to superman). after his first rescue (which looked a lot like superman's first rescue, but was also unique), he was mobbed by reporters. one asked who he was. "call me... a good samaratin." and that's how he ended up being called "samaratin." laugh

otoh, i can almost see clark, repeatedly pressed for a name to call him while in the suit coming up with something like "dave." or maybe looking at the s on the suit and going with "sam."

or maybe sentry or sentinel or something of the sort.

Paul

EDIT: conversation on irc reminded me... there actually was a guy who went by "super dave." "super dave osborne," to be more precise. he was a stuntman/comedian. had a TV show a while back, made appearances here and there, too. used to claim that his first name was "super." he'd tell stories about people talking to him, and always claim that they called him "super."

just looked him up on IMDB . turns out the actor's name is bob einstein, and that he's the brother of albert brooks .

<shrug> just thought i'd pass that on. smile

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
He certainly wouldn`t call himself Superman, that`s for sure...if Martha had had to come up with a name thought..... laugh

Farmboy would be a funny one, although I don`t think he would call himself that

My first thought was of Helper or something like that, certainly nothing like hero or muscle body or anything like that

sunshine

A friend is somebody that knows everything about you and still likes you
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My first thought was 'The Friend', but Jen was faster with that one. smile
So: I second Jen! thumbsup

~Sira

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
oh, how about "mr. nice guy"? laugh

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Merriwether
Merriwether
And then if Lois re-named him, it would be no more "Mr. Nice Guy," Paul? wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S...Smallville Man rotflol

Carole

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard