Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#174212 05/22/03 07:30 PM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Time to start a new thread again. This one is really good. So Wendy, tell us who won so we get a new picture.

Saskia
Section Moderator

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#174213 05/22/03 10:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Saskia! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#174214 05/23/03 05:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just had to chime in with how much I enjoyed Paul's Lois babble:
you can't go charging for an unsolicited service! like those guys who come up to your car and wash your windshield when you're stopped at a red light. they ask to be paid, but they don't demand it.
It was great!
Get a good pic, Paul!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#174215 05/23/03 09:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
thanks guys! glad you liked 'em! smile

so, uhm, now i've got to find a new pic, huh?

right.

okay. see what you make of this...

[Linked Image]

thanks again to christiane, whose site has a truly impressive number of screencaps!

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#174216 05/23/03 09:56 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Clark: "In a dark, dark town, there was a dark, dark house. And in the dark, dark house, the was a dark, dark basement. And in the dark, dark basement, there was a dark, dark corner. And in the dark, dark corner ... THERE WAS A GHOST!"

Kathy (who has no idea how to post photos so shouldn't really play, but I couldn't resist. smile )

#174217 05/23/03 10:19 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm huntin wabbits. hehehehehe

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#174218 05/23/03 10:48 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
kathy and anyone else scared of posting pics: please don't let that stop you from posting captions. they're really fun. i wouldn't want to miss out on any good ones, nor do i like the idea that people are keeping themselves out of the fun simply because they're afraid they'll win.

so, i'll try to walk you through it. if you still need help, ask here or over in the techie folder. if you're still scared, find a pic, tell me where it is and exactly which one, and i'll post it for you.

first off, there's the picture posting FAQ which has step-by-step instructions.

but, to go over them again from my own perspective (which may make more sense to some and less to others)...

step 1: find a picture you want to post. for this thread, i reccomend christiane's site, which can be found here. scroll down to the list of ep summaries, click on the ep of your choice, and wait for it to load. her summaries are chock full of screencaps.

step 2: find the address of the picture.

to do this, right-click on the picture you've selected. this will bring up a menu of options that will allow you to do any of several things (like save the picture, email a copy of the picture to someone, set the picture as your windows background, etc).

from the menu, choose "properties." it should be the last option on the list.

the picture properties will include information about the format and size of the picture and suchlike. close to the middle of the properties window, there will be one that says "address (URL)". next to that, there will be the address of the picture.

3. copy the address. just highlight the full url and hit control-c to copy. it should look something like this: http://www.iph-grenzdyck.de/christiane/lnc01/01-03.jpg

4. put the picture in a boards post. there are two ways to do this. you could type out {img}address of the picture{/img} (but with square brackets instead of curly ones) or you could click the "instant UBB code" button that says "image."

if you use the img tag, just write "[img]" then paste the address you copied (hit control-v or right-click on the cursor and choose "paste") then write "[/img]". make sure to use the correct brackets and to leave no spaces.

if you use the image button, a window will pop up asking for the address of the picture. just paste it in there (hit control-v or right-click and choose "paste") and then click "ok". what that will do is simply to type in the img tag for you.

and that should do it. add the post, and you should see the picture.

you may have trouble if the picture you copied is from a site like geocities, which doesn't allow you to copy pictures onto other websites, but in most cases, it should work. if it doesn't show up, double-check the code.. make sure the address pasted properly, that you used the right brackets, that there are no spaces, and that it says "img" in the brackets before the address and "/img" in the brackets after the address.

hope that helps. if you have any questions, just ask.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#174219 05/23/03 11:24 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
grumble that big long post and no Hatman caption...! wink

-Breanna (who immediately thought of those dancing guys on stage with the hats and canes when she saw the picture, but couldn't bring herself to even try to think up a situation like that for Clark)

#174220 05/23/03 12:08 PM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
"Relax lady, I'm just a burglar. I'm not going to hurt you. And if you stay there, I'll walk to the door and just leave and pretend nothing ever happened."

Saskia

#174221 05/23/03 01:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Lois, just put down the spatula and step away from the kitchen slowwwly."

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#174222 05/23/03 01:58 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
If we're very quiet, the monster won't hear us...

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#174223 05/23/03 04:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
sorry, breanna. didn't think i was supposed to caption my own pics. laugh

i like your thought. never even crossed my mind. were you going for something like this?

"... da da da dada HA!" "clark, why are you tap-dancing in the middle of the night?" "just... uhm, practicing."

but, come on.. not a single caption starting with "clark, what are you doing in my bedroom?!" somebody's got to have a good one...

hmm. now i'm looking at it and straying towards some weird ones...

"somebody's been sleeping in my bed, and she's still there! rrrrRRRR!"

maybe this wasn't the best choice, after all...

Paul

#174224 05/23/03 04:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL. I just couldn't tell that they were in Lois' bedroom.

Jen

#174225 05/23/03 11:14 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
"I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy..."
notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

Kaethel wink (sorry [g])

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#174226 05/23/03 11:27 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Okay, Lois - *okay*! I'm sorry I had to gag you, but you just wouldn't calm down and stop babbling. Yes, I'll be *happy* to go get those Double Fudge Crunch Bars for you. Yes, and some Chinese. Not from Ralph's Pagoda. Of course not. From Beijing, naturally. Just... hold on... okay???

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#174227 05/23/03 11:53 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm with Kaethel. These are hysterical. The wabbit one sent me off into gales of laughter and I couldn't stop long enough to tell Stuart why. Just had to point at the screen and then he just gave me one of his 'I live with an insane woman' looks. (He's practised that one a lot over the years)

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#174228 05/24/03 03:14 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark: "Shhhhhhh!!!!!! If we're very, very quiet, we can escape that evil fanfic author's angst fest through the backdoor and end up in a story where my biggest challenge is to live through your cooking...*thwap*...Ow!"

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

#174229 05/24/03 01:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
okay, this is a tough one... i'm assuming kae's "i'm not worthy" is supposed to be a caption... clark having a wayne campbel-esque reaction to seeing lois, which is rather amusing, but not as good as her sneak away from the angst fic one. i burst out laughing at breanna's suggestion of a vaudville tap number, but she didn't come up with an acutal caption. so many good ones. but i think i'm going to have to go with jen's...

"Lois, just put down the spatula and step away from the kitchen slowwwly."
that one just hit me right... rotflol

my only hesitation was that i knew from context that lois was in bed (the pic, btw, was taken from just say noah... they're in the cabin, and clark's been floating around because they agreed not to share a bed). when jen pointed out, however, that the bed was not at all visible in the pic, that objection went away.

so, you're up, jen!

Paul

#174230 05/24/03 03:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ROTFL. I had wayyy too much fun picking one out...too many hilarious expressions out there, especially from The Rival...but I finally decided to settle for one with a supporting character/guest star type thing. Let's see what you guys can come up with.

[Linked Image]

Oh, right, I guess I should caption it since Paul captioned his...

Lois: Two words, Linda, professional hairstylist. Never try and highlight your hair on your own again.

#174231 05/24/03 06:12 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Linda: Lois, I know you're in love with Clark who wouldn't? The guy's gorgeous! But that doesn't mean that I can't have a piece of him.

Lois: That is it Linda! If you don't shut up about Clark's attributes I'm gonna skin you alive! He's mine! Got that? Mine! No one especially you is gonna sink your claws into that gorgeous body of his and believe me you'll pay if you do! Too bad we're tied up right now or you would have known just why they call me Mad Dog Lane!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#174232 05/24/03 10:05 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois: "You know, when you asked me to do that Crazy Glue commercial with you, Linda, I didn't expect them to make us test it on ourselves!"

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

#174233 05/24/03 10:19 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Lois: "Just how much garlic did you eat at lunch?"

Tricia cool

#174234 05/25/03 12:58 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Is there a hair in my nose?

Dunno - maybe if you wrinkle your nose up like... *this*... I'll be able to see better.

- Yoda
#174235 05/25/03 08:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
linda: so, i was thinking... maybe i should ask clark out. on the other hand, superman is, well, super. then again...

linda: well, you know, i actually had thought of getting married. i just didn't want to be tied down. kind of ironic, considering our current cirtumstances...

linda: hey, guys... you don't really need me. this is lois lane over here. she's all the hostage material you need. you can just let me go, really.

linda: so, lois, what do you think of my new belt? kind of slenderizing, isn't it?

lois, to her captors: you evil scum won't get me to talk! no way i'd ever even consider --
linda: i'll do it.

linda: as long as we're stuck here, we might as well talk. you know, lois, i've been trying out this new perfume, based on orchid extract. i'm not quite sure if i like it.
lois: so that's why i feel like i have to sneeze!

linda: so, i was thinking... when this is all over, maybe we can all go out to celebrate... you, me, clark, whatever guy you can dig up to pretend to be your boyfriend...

linda: hey, excuse me, kidnapper guys? if we're going to be here a while, could i get a club soda or something?

linda: you know, this whole thing has given me a new perpsective. i'm starting to think that maybe preston isn't the guy for me, after all...

hmm. i had another one last night, after i logged off, but it's gone. i'll add it or repost or something if it comes back. meantime, these will have to do... laugh

Paul

#174236 05/27/03 04:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
okay, jen. i think it's time to pick a winner so we can get the next pic. captions on this one seem to have dried up, and i want something new to play with. smile

Paul

#174237 05/27/03 05:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There's just something about Crazy Glue that is utterly hysterical around midnight, so I'll have to pick Kaethel. goofy

Jen

#174238 05/27/03 07:38 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Jen! smile All right then, here's the new picture:

[Linked Image]

Caption away!

Kaethel smile (thanks to Christiane and her wonderful site for providing so many toys to caption smile )

- Is that what we are?

#174239 05/27/03 07:58 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Superman: If I lean a little closer do you think I can get a good look of her chest without having to use my X-ray vision?

Lois: Superman I know you want a good look at me but could you get that look off your face? I'm not yours to ogle so don't!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#174240 05/27/03 08:01 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Eww, Superman, what's that on top of your head?

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#174241 05/27/03 08:01 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Don't worry, be happy.

I really like your haircut, but how do you feel about cutting it a little shorter?

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#174242 05/27/03 09:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ooo. great pic, kae! smile let's see what we can do with it... laugh

so, lois, want to find out what else super speed is good for? eh? eh?

i don't believe it!
i told you.
i thought toni was just making it up!
nope.
chickens actually dance when you get them drunk?
yup.
and you actually went and got chickens, got them drunk, and brought them out here just to show me?
yup.
do i even want to know how you got the chickens drunk?

you...
i told you i could do it.
the cars...
yep. 10 of them.
they're all...
neatly stacked.
but...
yes...?
i didn't mean for you to actually do it. i just meant, hypotheically, that you could help with the parking problem...
oh. well, look at it this way. gives a whole new meaning to "10-car pile-up!"

you did it...
uh-huh.
an entire truckful.
uh-huh.
you ate an entire truckful of twinkies!
so i did.
in less than 5 seconds.
yup. so, about that 5 bucks...

i told you there were kangaroos in north america.
because you few them here! that's cheating!

not bad, huh?
uhm, yeah... not bad.
thanks.
where'd you get the ice?
super breath.
and how did you...?
heat vision.
why did you...?
because i wanted you to know i agree.
you made an ice sculpture of the woman from the adoption agency because...
you said she was an icy --
dont say it. we're in public.

so, what do you think?
speechless, huh?
it's my masterpiece.
i call it "lex under glass." no more evil last-minute escapes for him. he'll just have to wait there, stuck under an imprompto super-speed manufactured glass dome, until the cops come to pick him up. pretty nifty, huh?
... did you remember to leave air holes?
what?
air holes. so he can breathe. so you're not charged with murder.
oh, right. because he can't hold his breath for 20 minutes. i keep forgetting. give me a sec...

so, do you like it?
it's... it's...
yes...?
where did you get it?
i made it.
you made it?
well, i had some help. had some people in switzerland provide the materials, and help me make the mould. obviously, i couldn't do it myself, since i had to be inside the thing...
you did that? for me?
yeah. i thought you could use a pick-me-up. it's been a rough week.
is it...?
solid? you bet. nothing but the best for you, lois.
oh, wow. thank you! oh, thank you isn't enough, but how do i express my grattitude for.. for...
a one-of-a-kind life-size solid dark chocolate superman? seeing you happy is thanks enough.
awww! but.. one thing...?
yeah?
how do i get it into my apartment?

#174243 05/27/03 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lois: don't you ever think of stealing my coffee! it's really early (10 am), I'm not a morning person, I slept only 3 hours, and I'm already assigned on one of your super rescue, only to discover you were judging the best Tifanni "with an 'i'" tatoo contest! I deserve a proper cafeine fix!

Superman: I knew you couldn't stay off babbling mode for more than 5 minutes!

Lois: I'm *NOT* babbling, i'm just speaking at a spitfirepace even *you* can't catch up with, that's all!

#174244 05/28/03 01:25 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Lois: No, Superman, I'm not following you around! What do you think I am, a stalker?

Lois: No way, Superman! I'm going out with Clark now. That crush I had on you last year? Yeah, I still like you, but I like Clark better now... Sorry, Big Blue Boy!

- Yoda
#174245 05/28/03 04:41 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Lois: You're actually going to audition for the commercial?

Supes: Yep!

Lois: Do you even drink V-8?

-Breanna

#174246 05/28/03 04:45 AM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Lois: "What diiiiid you pu-ut in mmm coffee?"

Superman: "Just the usual and some extra toffees."

Saskia

#174247 05/28/03 09:39 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
picking up something with your super-hearing?
yeah. see that guy over there with the guitar?
across the street?
that's the one. he's muttering about how you really need a new haircut.

#174248 05/28/03 10:22 AM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Superman, what happened to your legs? Did someone cut one of them? It's shorter than the other! eek

malu (Sorry, just in one of those moods! :rolleyes: )

#174249 05/28/03 01:33 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
ROTFLMAO! You guys are so creative! clap I have to go with one of Paul's, though. I laughed so hard at his first series of captions for that picture, and the last one just beats it:

picking up something with your super-hearing?
yeah. see that guy over there with the guitar?
across the street?
that's the one. he's muttering about how you really need a new haircut.
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

You're up, Paul!

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

#174250 05/28/03 02:14 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
hey, thanks, kae! i'm glad you liked it! laugh

let's give this one a try...

[Linked Image]

or, if you want, you can go for this one. up to you. smile

[Linked Image]

Paul

#174251 05/28/03 02:21 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Boy, you would have to bring up two interesting pictures. The first picture brings up the obvious..

S: Wow, nice suit, I can see down..
U: Unless you want to stay "normal", I'd suggest you keep your eyes to yourself.

As for the second picture

L: Okay, that's it, this is way too far into Stepford. I'm out of here.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#174252 05/28/03 02:32 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
For the first picture:

Where're your letters Lois?

Wow, Lois! Nobody's going to be looking at your face. I know I'm not.

For the second picture:

You did what! at the prom?

Your baby pictures are really embarrassing.

You should really eat your veggies, Clark.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#174253 05/29/03 02:21 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
First picture:

Alex Trebek: "And we're back with this tremendous show of Jeopardy opposing Superman and UltraWoman, from the SuperUltra Team, to Lex Luthor and Tempus, from the We're-Evil-And-Proud-Of-It Team. Superman, UltraWoman, hands on the buzzer, what's your next choice?"

Superman: "We'll take Villains for $200, Alex."

Alex Trebek: "Tempus."

BUZZ!!

UltraWoman: "Who looks ridiculous in his blue and silver suit?"

Tempus: "Talk about your basic pots and kettles!"

Kaethel smile

- Is that what we are?

#174254 05/29/03 04:50 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL Kae!

For the last one:

all of these are thoughts:

Lois Eww, Clark. You have a big piece of food stuck in your teeth! I wonder if I should say something...

Clark (feeling around with his tounge) eww...I have food stuck in my teeth...it won't come out...what's mom going to think?

Martha (frowning) he has food stuck in his teeth...didn't his mother teach him anything?

-Breanna

#174255 05/29/03 11:29 AM
Blogger
Blogger
First picture

SUPERMAN: Smmoookkin! Somebody stop me!

ULTRA WOMAN: (muttering) Note to self: next time he turns "normal", no more unsupervised drinking with a stack of Jim Carrey videos.

WAC
#174256 05/29/03 04:17 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL, I can't believe no one has said this yet:

For the first photo ...

Superman to Jimmy and Perry: "This is UltraWoman. And before you ask, Jimmy, they're real and they're spectacular!"

Kathy

#174257 05/29/03 09:14 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
For the first picture:
Superman: Woo hoo wow spandex never looked so good! Mmmm... I better shield her from the public because she is not theirs to ogle! Lois would you object to me telling you to cover your chest? I see Jimmy coming over and I don't like that look on his face!
UltraWoman: Clark! Your not feeling threatened by Jimmy are you?
Superman: Well...
UltraWoman: Clark there's no competition I love you and while we are on this subject don't you think I feel threatened when women look at you like a piece of meat?
Superman: Touche, but like you said there's no competition the only woman I want to look at me like a piece of meat is you and you already do!
UltraWoman: Well get going with this press conference Clark I got a date with a certain sexy superhero tonight.

Helen Keller
#174258 05/30/03 09:08 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
okay, this was a close call. too many good ones, if there is such a thing. love kae's jeopardy one (now there was a great out-of-the-blue caption laugh ), and i'm also a fan of "the mask." then there's breanna's... this is really tough, but i'm going to use the fact that kathy hasn't gone yet to break the tie.

you're up, kathy! smile

Paul

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard