Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#174212 05/22/03 07:30 PM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Time to start a new thread again. This one is really good. So Wendy, tell us who won so we get a new picture.

Saskia
Section Moderator

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#174213 05/22/03 10:11 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, Saskia! smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#174214 05/23/03 05:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just had to chime in with how much I enjoyed Paul's Lois babble:
you can't go charging for an unsolicited service! like those guys who come up to your car and wash your windshield when you're stopped at a red light. they ask to be paid, but they don't demand it.
It was great!
Get a good pic, Paul!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#174215 05/23/03 09:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
thanks guys! glad you liked 'em! smile

so, uhm, now i've got to find a new pic, huh?

right.

okay. see what you make of this...

[Linked Image]

thanks again to christiane, whose site has a truly impressive number of screencaps!

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#174216 05/23/03 09:56 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Clark: "In a dark, dark town, there was a dark, dark house. And in the dark, dark house, the was a dark, dark basement. And in the dark, dark basement, there was a dark, dark corner. And in the dark, dark corner ... THERE WAS A GHOST!"

Kathy (who has no idea how to post photos so shouldn't really play, but I couldn't resist. smile )

#174217 05/23/03 10:19 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Be vewy vewy quiet, I'm huntin wabbits. hehehehehe

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#174218 05/23/03 10:48 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
kathy and anyone else scared of posting pics: please don't let that stop you from posting captions. they're really fun. i wouldn't want to miss out on any good ones, nor do i like the idea that people are keeping themselves out of the fun simply because they're afraid they'll win.

so, i'll try to walk you through it. if you still need help, ask here or over in the techie folder. if you're still scared, find a pic, tell me where it is and exactly which one, and i'll post it for you.

first off, there's the picture posting FAQ which has step-by-step instructions.

but, to go over them again from my own perspective (which may make more sense to some and less to others)...

step 1: find a picture you want to post. for this thread, i reccomend christiane's site, which can be found here. scroll down to the list of ep summaries, click on the ep of your choice, and wait for it to load. her summaries are chock full of screencaps.

step 2: find the address of the picture.

to do this, right-click on the picture you've selected. this will bring up a menu of options that will allow you to do any of several things (like save the picture, email a copy of the picture to someone, set the picture as your windows background, etc).

from the menu, choose "properties." it should be the last option on the list.

the picture properties will include information about the format and size of the picture and suchlike. close to the middle of the properties window, there will be one that says "address (URL)". next to that, there will be the address of the picture.

3. copy the address. just highlight the full url and hit control-c to copy. it should look something like this: http://www.iph-grenzdyck.de/christiane/lnc01/01-03.jpg

4. put the picture in a boards post. there are two ways to do this. you could type out {img}address of the picture{/img} (but with square brackets instead of curly ones) or you could click the "instant UBB code" button that says "image."

if you use the img tag, just write "[img]" then paste the address you copied (hit control-v or right-click on the cursor and choose "paste") then write "[/img]". make sure to use the correct brackets and to leave no spaces.

if you use the image button, a window will pop up asking for the address of the picture. just paste it in there (hit control-v or right-click and choose "paste") and then click "ok". what that will do is simply to type in the img tag for you.

and that should do it. add the post, and you should see the picture.

you may have trouble if the picture you copied is from a site like geocities, which doesn't allow you to copy pictures onto other websites, but in most cases, it should work. if it doesn't show up, double-check the code.. make sure the address pasted properly, that you used the right brackets, that there are no spaces, and that it says "img" in the brackets before the address and "/img" in the brackets after the address.

hope that helps. if you have any questions, just ask.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#174219 05/23/03 11:24 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
grumble that big long post and no Hatman caption...! wink

-Breanna (who immediately thought of those dancing guys on stage with the hats and canes when she saw the picture, but couldn't bring herself to even try to think up a situation like that for Clark)

#174220 05/23/03 12:08 PM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
"Relax lady, I'm just a burglar. I'm not going to hurt you. And if you stay there, I'll walk to the door and just leave and pretend nothing ever happened."

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#174221 05/23/03 01:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Lois, just put down the spatula and step away from the kitchen slowwwly."

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#174222 05/23/03 01:58 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
If we're very quiet, the monster won't hear us...

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#174223 05/23/03 04:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
sorry, breanna. didn't think i was supposed to caption my own pics. laugh

i like your thought. never even crossed my mind. were you going for something like this?

"... da da da dada HA!" "clark, why are you tap-dancing in the middle of the night?" "just... uhm, practicing."

but, come on.. not a single caption starting with "clark, what are you doing in my bedroom?!" somebody's got to have a good one...

hmm. now i'm looking at it and straying towards some weird ones...

"somebody's been sleeping in my bed, and she's still there! rrrrRRRR!"

maybe this wasn't the best choice, after all...

Paul

#174224 05/23/03 04:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL. I just couldn't tell that they were in Lois' bedroom.

Jen

#174225 05/23/03 11:14 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
"I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy..."
notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

Kaethel wink (sorry [g])

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#174226 05/23/03 11:27 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Okay, Lois - *okay*! I'm sorry I had to gag you, but you just wouldn't calm down and stop babbling. Yes, I'll be *happy* to go get those Double Fudge Crunch Bars for you. Yes, and some Chinese. Not from Ralph's Pagoda. Of course not. From Beijing, naturally. Just... hold on... okay???

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#174227 05/23/03 11:53 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm with Kaethel. These are hysterical. The wabbit one sent me off into gales of laughter and I couldn't stop long enough to tell Stuart why. Just had to point at the screen and then he just gave me one of his 'I live with an insane woman' looks. (He's practised that one a lot over the years)

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#174228 05/24/03 03:14 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark: "Shhhhhhh!!!!!! If we're very, very quiet, we can escape that evil fanfic author's angst fest through the backdoor and end up in a story where my biggest challenge is to live through your cooking...*thwap*...Ow!"

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#174229 05/24/03 01:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
okay, this is a tough one... i'm assuming kae's "i'm not worthy" is supposed to be a caption... clark having a wayne campbel-esque reaction to seeing lois, which is rather amusing, but not as good as her sneak away from the angst fic one. i burst out laughing at breanna's suggestion of a vaudville tap number, but she didn't come up with an acutal caption. so many good ones. but i think i'm going to have to go with jen's...

"Lois, just put down the spatula and step away from the kitchen slowwwly."
that one just hit me right... rotflol

my only hesitation was that i knew from context that lois was in bed (the pic, btw, was taken from just say noah... they're in the cabin, and clark's been floating around because they agreed not to share a bed). when jen pointed out, however, that the bed was not at all visible in the pic, that objection went away.

so, you're up, jen!

Paul

#174230 05/24/03 03:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
ROTFL. I had wayyy too much fun picking one out...too many hilarious expressions out there, especially from The Rival...but I finally decided to settle for one with a supporting character/guest star type thing. Let's see what you guys can come up with.

[Linked Image]

Oh, right, I guess I should caption it since Paul captioned his...

Lois: Two words, Linda, professional hairstylist. Never try and highlight your hair on your own again.

#174231 05/24/03 06:12 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Linda: Lois, I know you're in love with Clark who wouldn't? The guy's gorgeous! But that doesn't mean that I can't have a piece of him.

Lois: That is it Linda! If you don't shut up about Clark's attributes I'm gonna skin you alive! He's mine! Got that? Mine! No one especially you is gonna sink your claws into that gorgeous body of his and believe me you'll pay if you do! Too bad we're tied up right now or you would have known just why they call me Mad Dog Lane!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard