Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yeah, I was rioting over the fact that it's not on TNT for the next "four weeks" jawdrop like the site said, but I just made the observation that it's actually going to be playing on TBS for a while...7am and 8am Central Time...very very interesting.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
But take note, they're skipping episodes! Don't know what's going on. Do they intend to show it long? Or is this just for a while?

Shadow Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I don't know. I'm hoping that they'll do this for a while since it's back to back episodes hyper , but they may stop after TNT starts showing them again at the end of the 4 weeks...

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Columnist
Columnist
What? TNT intends to showing them again after 4 weeks???? What's up with that?

Merriwether
Merriwether
I don't know if they're skipping episodes, but they are mixing up the order a tad, I think. Yesterday, they showed (11) Pheremone, My Lovely, and (14) Witness. Today was (12) Honeymoon in Metropolis and (13) All Shook Up. Tomorrow will be (15) Illusions of Grandeur and (16) Ides of Metropolis. This apparently follows the production order (listed on Zoomway's episode guide on redboots) and not the airing order.

Hrm... looking ahead..
Thu May 22: The Foundling and The Rival
Fri May 23: Vatman and Fly Hard

Mon May 26: Barbarians at the Planet (yes, only 1 ep, followed by the TBS SuperMovie Bait)
Tue May 27: House of Luthor and Madame Ex
Wed May 28: Wall of Sound and The Source
Thu May 29: The Prankster and Church of Metropolis
Fri May 30: Operation Blackout and That Old Gang of Mine

There's more the following weeks, but I'll let you look that up. ;-) The TBS schedule address is http://www.tbs.tv/schedule/0,,,00.html .

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
As glad as I am that TBS is playing LnC twice a day..... it is not time delayed. Which means, here in the pacific time zone, they are on at 5 & 6 AM!!!!! razz How RUDE!!! grumble

Luckily, I don't have to depend on TBS, I can watch it at my leisure (since I have all the episodes on video thumbsup )

S (who can't believe how dumb cable programming is sometimes confused )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Doing some sample recordings from these TBS episodes, it looks like each episode is about the same length as the ones played on TNT (unedited), though my TBS recordings seem to be consistently about 5-10 seconds shorter than the TNT recordings. Not sure what accounts for that. Commercial breaks all seem to be in the same place, so it's likely they're broadcasting the same source material TNT was.

The first season tended to run 46-46 1/2 minutes long with a few exceptions running shorter, such as Strange Visitor (45 1/2 minutes).

I like DVD. I've got one of those set-top Philips DVD recorders and it's pretty cool to get 5 eps per DVD+RW in SVHS quality (recorded off of DirecTV and transferred to DVD from TiVo to cleanly edit out commercials). NO MORE VIDEO TAPES dance

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
NO MORE VIDEO TAPES
I'm with ya ME.. thumbsup

I've been doing the same thing since TNT was on towards the end of S3. Now by the end of June I should have all the eps (with TBS running 2 a day)! party

I'm getting 4 eps per DVD from my TIVO via my digital camcorder via a Firewire card onto my PC!

~Liz (who will still buy the series on DVD if it comes out so she can get all the cool extras! laugh )

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
~Liz (who will still buy the series on DVD if it comes out so she can get all the cool extras! )
Me, too! A DVD-quality, hopefully anamorphic widescreen, video would be optimal. DirecTV only broadcasts in SVHS quality, so it's not worth it to me to record on higher quality settings. The Philips DVD Recorder can record up to DV-quality (1-hour per disc) all the way down to VHS quality (EP+ in their terms for 6-hours per disc). I record mine in SVHS quality (EP for 4-hours per disc). Since I edit out all commercials, I can easily fit 5 episodes per disc.

I already have all 88 eps on DVD. I'm just recording a few as a sample to see if there's any difference. I've noticed that TNT's broadcasts seem to have a very brownish tint to the backgrounds, especially noticeable if shown on a computer monitor. I haven't yet done a close comparison of that to the TBS broadcasts. Fortunately, though, DVD+R and DVD+RW is playable on just about every recent generation standard DVD player so I don't have to do that often. In addition, I think I like TBS's transparent logo and the lack of huge advertisement after coming back from commercial break.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've noticed that TNT's broadcasts seem to have a very brownish tint to the backgrounds, especially noticeable if shown on a computer monitor. I haven't yet done a close comparison of that to the TBS broadcasts.
I think that TBS looks cleaner to my eye too, I haven't done any comparison either so if you remember let me know what you find out.

I like TBS's transparent logo and the lack of huge advertisement after coming back from commercial break.
DITTO! I hated those huge ads for basketball and whatever movie they were playing 10,000 times that weekend. Sooo annoying.

~Liz smile

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
Columnist
Columnist
Speaking of DVDs - I'm a member of TVshowsonDVD.com, and the last time I signed in there, LnC had made the list of top shows that people want to see put on DVD. Go have a look, and if you'd like to vote for it, you can get registered. No cost, of course, and I've been impressed about my email security so far - only stuff I get is notices when shows I've voted for are released, or there is news about them, stuff like that...

Melisma (shutting up here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I joined up when someone mentioned it here a while back, and the only mail I've got is notices that one of the shows I voted for was being released on DVD.

Just had a look, L&C is still at No 10 with 911 votes. The next one up is Smallville at 944 votes so everyone go and vote, someone might actually take notice! laugh

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Columnist
Columnist
Hm... maybe I should make this into a thread of it's own...

Melisma (under her Rock, off to cut and paste her message above into a new thread)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Blogger
Blogger
Okay...ewww, I thought they were showing the whole series on TBS? I think they are...I mean - they showed the Whole Dawson's Creek...they *have* to...like - I'm all psyched I actually get to see this show - I haven't seen it since I was...little - like twelve?! I just started recording it because L/C is becoming an obsession...lol! From what I've noticed, the recording time is normal. All tv shows are supposed to be that certain length (it's the same as Buffy..?)

Ooh! But I was so proud of myself for noticing the change in the opening credits of season two - the different clips of Lois changing in the first three episodes! I was like, "Wow, I disturb me!"

mmmkay. My thoughts are - they're going to play the series at least once. They re-aired Dawson's Creek *again* after they showed it...so...yeah. I think they're going to. *shrugs*

Love, luck'n lollypops
Chloë
http://sd.glistence.net

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard