Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Trenna Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
The least favorite thread reminded me of a scene in The Eyes Have It that made me go dizzy

Clark is at Lois' Apartment and can't see and goes outside to telephone his parents. Like James said "How Big are Lois' feet" that Clark can wear her tennis shoes? I know...he probably has left all of his clothes over there, including a lovely large, camel overcoat?

[Linked Image]

Anyone else have some scenes laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm...are these scenes that make me snort and say, "yeah, right, like that would ever happen."?

Hmm...darn, I'm not thinking of any bloopers right now, but some of the more ridiculous scenes for me:

The translation of the dead sea scrolls.
Never on Sunday and Ghosts-the whole episodes.
rotflol :rolleyes:

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Trenna Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yes, or bloopers work too!

Paul has a good example here Lois going on Promethus

Merriwether
Merriwether
There are a lot for me. I cannot seem to think of any at the moment..... I'm sure they've been pointed out tonnes before, but hey why not. smile

I hope I am on the same wavelength here. eek

Yes I have an imagination, but sometimes I have to groan.....a lot. Usually I just ignore it and enjoy the show...

- Ides of Metropolis
- Jimmy's ability to get info so amazingly fast
- I remember faulty props in a winter episode. They really looked fake.
- virutal reality logic. I can use my imagination for some, but Jimmy has a too easy of a time being connected to everything......I could go on.
-"Honeymoon In Metropolis" Do maids/housekeeping really interupt THAT much in such a ...rude? way?
-Pilot episode there is a map showing Metroplis not near the ocean and yet later a tidal wave threatens its existence.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Scenes that make me go WHAT? -- too many to list! LOL. I have a few scenes that make me go AUGH though:

*The end of TEHI, when Lois asks Clark where he was all weekend. It's actually a cute scene but it makes me crazy that he doesn't have an answer.

*The end of COS... it's like, okay Martha, too much information! Thanks...

*Pretty much any scene in BGDF when people are possessed by Tez. Especially Martha. The green slime, the horror of it all...

Okay but now I'm just starting to list scenes that gross me out... so I shall stop. smile

I could list a thousand scenes I love, though!

Molly
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The biggest one for me? Anything having to do with NK. I'd enumerate my issues, but, to save time, I'll just give you this link.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
I had one that jumped to mind right away. I don't know all the titles of the shows, but it was the one with Ultra Woman. Clark was tied to a chair by those sisters. He was escaping and fell backwards from the chair and you see his hands fly up, but then while he running away his hands are still tied firmly behind his back. Whats up with that? :rolleyes:

I heart Clark Kent.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I totally agree with you guys. Those ones got to me too.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ghosts...'nuff said.

And just to comment on another, it's not terribly common, but I've had Housekeeping barge in on me before. Fortunately for them I was just in another room hanging up stuff...

Never On Sunday...voodoo dolls? I never really bought into that whole train of thought.

The Lex Files...WHAT?

JD :p

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
TEHI... two parts that bother me every time. As a whole, the episode is really cute, but the parts that irk me are the ones where Superman (while blind) asks Lois if she's okay, and she doesn't say ANYTHING. Once, in her apartment, and again at the DP. It's like sheesh Lois he can't SEE you, you have to SPEAK UP. And it's so un-Lois-like that it's really annoying to me.

Molly
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi,

I'm not sure if this goes here, but this is the closest thing to a "bloopers" thread that I could find (without going *too* far back!)

I was just watching Andrea's "Holding out for a Hero" video ( goofy ] - however, the scene I am referring to is just *after* the Charades scene. Superman flies outside with Lois, just as the dynamite explodes in the background.

The blooper part of this scene comes when the explosion causes debris to come flying through the air. I think the explosion was probably just a tad more explosive than planned, because Superman gets hit with a piece of debris, and his first reaction is to bring up his hand to protect his head. Superman wouldn't need to protect his head from flying debris, but Dean Cain would! Ouch! evil

- Vicki (who hopes for Dean's sake it was just pieces of styrofoam!)

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, how did I miss this one?

The scene which always makes me cringe and want to throw something at the TV is when Superman 'helpfully' :rolleyes: turns on the fire hydrant for the kids, so that water gushes out all over the place.

As many of you know, hubby is a firefighter. And every darn summer, firefighters lives are made hell by children turning on fire hydrants to cool themselves down. It's dangerous, it lowers water pressure, leads to a high possibility that when firefighters actually need that water during an emergency it won't be there for them, and they get verbal and physical abuse from parents who don't want them 'spoiling the kid's fun' when they come back twenty times in the same day to the same fire hydrant to turn it off.

On more than one occasion, thanks to this practice, there's not been enough water pressure in the local area to make tea at the station, let alone deal with any fire that happens along!

So every time Superman does this idiotic, reckless and stupid thing, I want to smack him upside the head with a two by four on behalf of all long-suffering firefighters. laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Not a blooper. More of a dizzy

In BGDF (I think), when Clark as Kal-El dressed in jeans, shirt and baseball cap is back in Smallville, why didn't any of the Smallvillians recognize him as Clark. He probably dressed that way when he lived in the town, maybe even without his glasses. And there he was hunging around his parents and Lois. Duh! :rolleyes:

gerry

J
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
J
This one has always driven me crazy. eek In SLAV, after Clark resuces Lois, the whole charades thing is bad enough, but then he has to stop the bomb from going off at the peace talks which are miles away in Metropolis. He throws a piece of (glass, mirror) high into the air, fires his laser vision at it. The Laser vision bounces off and refracts directly to the building where the bomb is. Let's say, he got lucky and it passed through a window on the exact floor of the bomb, so the laser vision didn't blow a hole in the side of the building and it didn't refract off the glass as it had just done. But then, the bomb is under a heavy wooden table. The laser vision somehow gets under the table and burns out the bomb mechanism without damaging the table or exploding the bomb. It's just too unbelievable to be funny. At least the huge canister-full-of-liquid bomb, instead of some small plastiquie device, under the table in WHALTTA was so ridiculous it was funny, intentionally so. dance

"Simplify. Simplify."
Henry David Thoreau

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle."
George Orwell
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I never did notice that one, Vicki, but now I'll need to re-watch. laugh

In BGDF (I think), when Clark as Kal-El dressed in jeans, shirt and baseball cap is back in Smallville, why didn't any of the Smallvillians recognize him as Clark. He probably dressed that way when he lived in the town, maybe even without his glasses. And there he was hunging around his parents and Lois. Duh!
Exactly, Gerry!! I never thought too hard about it, but it's always been in the back of my mind. razz

Sara

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
πŸ†2024 Kerth Award Posts πŸ†.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Columnist
Columnist
I always had a problem with the pilot, Virtually Destroyed and Stop The Presses.

In the pilot Superman gets off the shuttle but Lois is still standing there. If they are trying to say she went on the shuttle and then came back with Superman get real. Also the second that there was a problem indicated on the shuttle there would have been people swarming all over it.

Virtually Destoryed - before Superman and Jimmy go into the apartment where "Clark" is trying to get the imformation about the names I think its Superman that says it may look like Clark but its not. Get really - Clark didn't have any glasses on he looked more like Superman. I think Jimmy would have noticed that. But they have him not notice and I just don't think that would have happened. I think he would have noticed and been stunned. Or at least have questioned them about it later.

Then the whole way the had Lois and Clark act in Stop the Presses. I think they would have been more supportive of each other. Instead they have Lois running rough shod over Clark but treating everyone else ok. Then they have Clark going around in a snit (sp). Instead of being supportive and helpful. I just think the whole relationship angle they took was out of character.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LabRat:
The scene which always makes me cringe and want to throw something at the TV is when Superman 'helpfully' :rolleyes: turns on the fire hydrant for the kids, so that water gushes out all over the place.

So every time Superman does this idiotic, reckless and stupid thing, I want to smack him upside the head with a two by four on behalf of all long-suffering firefighters. laugh

LabRat smile
I agree with you 100% on that one! My grandfather was Fire Chief in my home town and every time I see that scene it just makes me want to yell at the TV mad !

James

β€œβ€¦with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
That scene also makes me cringe because I don't know how often it has been said how dangerous it is and people just don't seem to get a clue. huh mad

It also bothers me for another reason and there are many other scenes like it that are just as stupid, though I can't recall them right now. I just know they make me think get real. Clark has spent all this time hiding his abilities. However when they want to have a "cute" or "sneaky" scene they have him glance around - barely - and then pull a super stunt. He is in the middle of the street. People could be looking out windows of buildings, cars, roofs etc. but they have him do a quick glance and then do somthing "super". I hate to tell you guys I'm sure someone saw the "super feat" and they world would know Clark Kent is Superman. mad mad

Columnist
Columnist
I was watching the New Krypton episodes and I have a big problem with one scene. Sometimes the writers did really stupid things.

Zara asks Clark if he has his ship and his response is he thinks he knows where they can get a hold of it. Which was with Mindy Church. Now in the NK story you can't tell where they are when they put their hands on the ship together. My things with this is after Mindy made him sick why didn't he go get his ship. Either it was left in JOey B's (?) lab which would have been searched when he was arrested or it was in Mindy's complex. Which was also searched and she had used it to set up the other guy.

Obviously Clark must have looked for it after what happened or he wouldn't have known where it was so why didn't he retrieve the ship then. He would have wanted it badly. That was obvious at the end of episode "Strange Visitor."

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark has spent all this time hiding his abilities. However when they want to have a "cute" or "sneaky" scene they have him glance around - barely - and then pull a super stunt. He is in the middle of the street.
Oh, the one that really kills me for that is in season four, when he keeps coming into their house through the front window. Despite the fact that there are rows and rows of apartments with windows directly opposite. dizzy And then they wonder why there are rumours Lois is hanging out with Superman...

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard