Page 1 of 2 1 2
#173697 05/01/03 06:36 AM
A
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
A
To continue the nostalgia craze, I felt the need to ask this one:

What is you're most memberable moment from the show?

hyper

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
#173698 05/01/03 08:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Let's see, I have a few:

When Irish Eyes Are Killing is one big memory because I basically screamed in frustration at the end of it.

I cried when Clark left for New Krypton.

Clark's proposal: I had to wait **A WHOLE SUMMER** to find out the answer.

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#173699 05/01/03 09:28 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Can't say I have a memorable moment because there are so many. Yeah, I know - boring.

But had to say that I am amazed that you guys lasted through a whole summer to find out what happened next after ATAI.

I came late to the show and caught most of it in re-runs, every evening at 6pm on SKY. So I only had to wait a whole day and I couldn't concentrate on a shred of work the whole time. When five pm came I was out of the office like a rabbit out a trap, desperate to get home.

A whole summer would have killed me stone dead through nervous stress. goofy

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#173700 05/01/03 10:38 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
My two biggest memories are from the ending of Ressurection and of course ATAI.../WHALTTA.

I really didn't like Ressurection (Dan...ugh!), but I was shocked/amazed/incredibly happy with the preview of the next week's episode. My family was at our vacation home for the weekend, and a lot of the time my parents would let me watch LC before we left (sometimes we were on the road at 7 though and that was awful!). I remember driving my family nuts in the car on the way home saying stuff about how next week she's going to find out that he's superman! I was SOOO excited (TF is one of my FAVORITE episodes).

The other one was the ending of ATAI...
Was mecry to wait the whole summer for the answer, but I was jumping on the couch with nervous energy/exitement when the day finally came.

Then of course there was the end of INPY... wink

-Breanna

#173701 05/01/03 10:45 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I totally agree, Labrat. I don't know how the fans who saw all the first episodes handled the long summers wink

The end of season one wasn't too bad. At least they didn't leave Lois going down the aisle and Clark in the green cage dizzy .

I would have been a basket case too if I'd had to wait a whole summer to find out if Lois knew the secret or not.

I guess one moment was finding out what Mayson looked like because I was reading fanfic with her in it and didn't know who she was for two months laugh

#173702 05/01/03 11:43 AM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
But had to say that I am amazed that you guys lasted through a whole summer to find out what happened next after ATAI.
Well, I almost didn't. I was lucky I didn't either die of nervousness or get myself murdered by perstering my family about it. My sister and I analyzed and reanalyzed every bit of the episode the entire summer. We thought of every possible reaction. It drove us to the brink of insanity. Definitely my most memorable moment. I remember being mad too after finally seeing the resolution because they tricked us. In ATAI, Clark proposes and Lois says, "Clark...." and they cut away. But in the final version, she doesn't say his name. She launches into, "Who's asking, Clark or Superman." Every scenario we had come up with started with her saying his name, so we were feeling a little bit gyped.

My other memorable moment is actually a funny story. My family went to church every sunday night, so we taped the show and watched it when we got home. My sister and I were rabid fans. We'd jump out of the car while it was still running and make a mad dash for the VCR. Well, one night we got home and discovered - to our mutual dismay - that the VCR had malfunctioned taping the entire episode in fast forward with no sound. The episode was Ordinary People, and I can't even tell you how many we watched that episode trying to figure out what was going on. When I finally watched it years later - at regular speed and with sound - I was in hysterics because we'd definitely had the wrong end of the stick. We'd had all kinds of ridiculous ideas about what was going on.

Annie

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
#173703 05/01/03 12:41 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
But in the final version, she doesn't say his name. She launches into, "Who's asking, Clark or Superman
I had a question about this before, it seemed to me that in the TNT reruns when Lois says "Clark" and the episode ends I remembered it ending as you said above when the show actually aired. (DEFINITELY one of my most memorable L&C moments..screaming at the TV! wink )

What do you mean by the final version?

~Liz

Lois: Can I go?
Clark: No.
Lois: Oh come on, Clark, why do we go through this? We both know I’m going to go.
Clark: Then why do you ask?
Lois: I’m trying to be nice.
#173704 05/01/03 02:33 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
ATAI is my most memorable too; but for completely different reasons than everyone else.

It was the first ep I saw! laugh

When the show first went on the air, I rolled my eyes and ignored it for two years. (Ok, ok, but I didn't know! I was mostly familiar with the comnics. Villain of the week -- eh.)

Then I heard on the news (!) that Clark was supposed to propose in the finale, and figured I had to watch THAT!

I did, and I really liked what I saw! smile1

Originally posted by LabRat:
Well, I used the whole summer to watch reruns of S2, gleefully. jump By the time S3 started I was HOOKED!

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
#173705 05/01/03 05:17 PM
Columnist
Columnist
peep

My most memorable moment? Um, sure, the S2 cliffhanger - had me screaming. Cliffhanger worthy of Wendy, IMHO. But also that whole first half of the third season, I was on pins and needles waiting for them to get married, and then all the promos said 'next week, next week,' so I was looking forward to next week for the wedding... But I left for Africa like the *day* before, so I missed it. And when I came back, it was for the beginning of S4, and here they were, Clark off with the Kryptonians, and Lois all alone, and *THEY WEREN'T MARRIED* - what the heck???

I felt so left out...

Melisma (sniffling at the memory, here under her Rock)

peep

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#173706 05/01/03 08:28 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
ATAI had me guessing for the Australian Summer (if I remember correctly), the pilot was pretty memorable because I always remembered the handprint Clark left on the front of the bus and I guess WIEAK the part where Clark tries to win Lois back I was frustrated by the way Lois was treating Clark because she got him right where she wanted him. Clark's proposal to Lois in Battleground Earth was memorable as well as Lois' proposal in UltraWoman.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#173707 05/05/03 06:51 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I have two very memerable moments, both revolving around BGDF.

The first was when my sisters and I were crowded around the tv watching it for the first time. We were absolutely sobbing at the end whinging , and our mom came in to the room and started laughing at us. laugh I remember my sisters and I trying to explain to my mom that Clark might never come back, and she kept saying, "it's just a tv show."

Then a couple days later I was in my high school English class and I was talking to this guy about the show, and he insisted that that was not just the season finale, but it was the series finale. I refused to believe him for the longest time, but he claimed to have 'sources' and I began to have my doubts. We didn't have cable or the internet, so I didn't really have any way of finding out if he was right, so not only was Clark gone, but I had serious doubts that he and Lois were ever going to get to be together. I was so mad that the show would end with him leaving, instead of them getting married. Then in the fall I was soooo relieved when I saw commercials about the fourth season. Life wasn't over as I knew it after all. wink

~Anna

#173708 05/05/03 11:54 AM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
For me it's not actually moments, but two images stand out as all time classics.

The first was in Man of Steel Bars. Clark has just told Lois that he's leaving to go back to Smallville. He's given her his goodbye kiss and walks out of the newsroom. Before the scene fades to black we have a down shot of Lois at her desk staring at the empty spot where she last saw Clark. The almost teary eyed look of loss on her face is enough to tear your heart out.

The second is the classic scene in Just Say Noah, where Lois and Clark are in Smiley's secret office going through his notes. Lois reads his notes on them and is angered by his comments. After a heartfelt discourse about it Clark asks; "Did we just make up?" and Lois with the most adorable hurt puppy look answers "I think so.". You just want to take her in your arms. (And I would have gladly volunteered had not that stiff Clark been there).

Tank the Retired (who has a couple more images in mind but those two are the best)

#173709 05/05/03 12:27 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I adore that scene in MOSB as well, Tank! That goodbye kiss is so poignant, as is the frame of Clark walking out of the newsroom with the single box which represents his life at the Daily Planet. smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#173710 05/05/03 08:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Then in the fall I was soooo relieved when I saw commercials about the fourth season. Life wasn't over as I knew it after all.
Did you beat him up, Anna, for giving you all that unnecessary angst? I would have. goofy

And, Tank, yes, two beautiful moments there. You had me snuffling just with your description of them.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#173711 05/05/03 11:29 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by Wendymr:
A perfect tearjerking moment mecry - but happy this time. That hug, cement and all, is one of the best in the series.

Who says those two weren't in love long before they started dating? :rolleyes:
Oh yeah, Wendy. I think it was about this time that I really started looking for the... um, what do we call it in FoLCdom again? (after that fiasco in the other thread, I want to make sure I have my FoLC terminology right!)... other fandoms call it 'ship... Anyway, that's when I started paying attention to how they regarded each other - and cheering each time they made another little step toward each other. And after I started taping, going back to previous eps and seeing if there was anything there, too...

Melisma (mushy under her Rock)

EDIT: well, I obviously still have to learn how to get the quotes right - sorry, guys!

EDIT #2: By George, I think I finally got it. Thanks, Labby smile

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#173712 05/06/03 12:03 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Melisma, you just need a / before the second quote and it will work fine.

The Musketeers
#173713 05/06/03 01:38 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Shadow said:

Clark's proposal: I had to wait **A WHOLE SUMMER** to find out the answer
And you think that's a lot? I watched ATAI when it first aired in the US and they didn't play WHALTTA in Spain until the summer of 97!!! They began showing the series here the summer after ATAI.... mad It took me two years to find out Lois's reaction....

Btw, if I have to chose just one moment, I chose the last scene in WWW. It's just... so L&C...

Cris

Cris
#173714 05/06/03 04:38 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It took me two years to find out Lois's reaction....
Whoa!!! smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
#173715 05/06/03 05:25 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm going to be so predictable... blush Sorry, but my most memorable moment is the park bench scene in Barbarians at the Planet, when Clark confesses his feelings to Lois and she turns him down. I've watched it so many times it gets scary. peep

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#173716 05/06/03 09:23 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Here in Italy they showed all the episodes in less than one year, one ep each day from Monday to Saturday and no ads. I could see Lois's reaction the day after.
Then you were very lucky. I saw the end of the show over a year after it'd ended. And I spent two whole summers agonizing to know about ATAI... I dorve my sister nuts, as I told her all the different possibilities I was coming up with for the following ep. ANd I kept repeating CK's words: "Even if the earth..."

Poor sis... I dorve her mad... laugh

Cris

Cris
#173717 05/28/03 06:28 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I yelled at lois when she didn't except Clark's proposal the first time..grrr..so my fav episode is ATAI...

Maybe it's just me and my wierdness but the episode i found the funniest is where Perry and lois were trying to make plans for a party for clark..and they couldn't..so at the end lois was getting pretty anxious cause they hadn't made love in 8 dayz and they fell onto their floor and the whole party was there..lol..i think i fell on the florr laughing goofy

Katryna*
Lois n Clark fan since 1995!

CLARK:There's no such word as Chumpy.
LOIS:Sure there is. Someone's a chump, therefore he's chumpy!
CLARK:Try again.
LOIS:Are you challenging me?
CLARK: You bet your sweet little chumpy I am.
#173718 05/28/03 09:01 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Hey - all new to this and stuff. Well, I just started watching it again (all addicted now and understanding it more 'cause I'm not ten...) and I'm only on Season two (following it on TBS)...

But I remember this scene - I'm not sure when-from or what episode...but they were like in this dark room, and Lois was all pissed off someone didn't want to kill her - and then apparently they were fight - but then they made up and had this amazing, toe-curling, tingly kiss...

Or I remember the virtual reality episode too. I guess those are my most memorable...'cause that's what I remember! lol, I am SO excited...I *think* season three's my favourite - I'm not sure yet. *sigh* Yay!

-Chloë
http://sd.glistence.net

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard