KathyM posted 05-02-2003 08:18 PM
Fast forward to 2001.
Oh good!! laugh I'm soooo very glad to know that I am not the only one who came a little "late to the party"!!

When LnC first aired, I was in my truly overcommitted phase. I was on the board of directors of a non-profit organization, active with another non-profit group, and playing in 2 different musical groups (one of which rehearsed on the same night as LnC aired in the beginning). I'm am embarrassed to admit, that I watch so little TV back then, that I did not even know it was on. huh

Fast forward to 2001 for me too.... I got laid off when the economy tanked, and low and behold, I found an incredible show on TNT (yes, you all have guessed which one!!). The 1st episode I saw was TOP COPY and from there is was hooked!! I started video taping them 2 days later (but my lack of patience showed really quickly, and I bought the pilot shortly thereafter off EBay)until I had them all.

Within the month I was busy finding every LnC website I could, and THEN I found fanfic!! Look out, because my fandom could really be fed now.

Everbody I know just rolls their eyes at me, and have finially both they and I have accepted my obsession. As I look back, I have always been a Superman fan, first the comics as a kid (and the old George Reeve's series), then the movies, of course LnC, and now Smallville (yes, I DO watch that to wink ) I even collect old "Superman's Girlfriend Lois Lane" comics from the silver age. I guess it's good to be old enough to just accept your own "quirks".

Well, this is probably more than ANY of you all wanted to know. But as all my friends know, when you get me on the subject of LnC, it's hard to get me to shut up.

S

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'