Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Xanabee, I thank you for your idea. grumble iso eps. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This was originally "What is your least favorite Episode." I am now making it your least favorite scene or scenes.

James

Season 1

Smart Kids - Totally unbelievable.

Man of Steel Bars - Cheezy Photo session.

Ides of Metropolis - I am a Computer Programmer. I cringed at the Techless Babble.

Season 2

The Eyes Have It - So just how big are Lois' feet???

Target: Jimmy Olsen - Yeah, like this is possible.

Season 3

When Irish Eyes Are Killing - Just something unsatisfying about this episode.

Just Say Noah - Just say NO! Pulzees! Which makes more sense, channeling some ancient spirit or looking up someone any University or Bible College.

Supermann - Shades of Red Dawn. Like the US Government would allow this to happen.

Never on Sunday - Ditto of Irish Eyes.

The whole ARRGH section.
Double Jeopardy
Seconds
Forget Me Not
Oedipus Wrecks - Though I have to admit that Lard filled Logs is a source of amusement still!

Season 4

SoulMates - Just plain bad.

Ghosts - Ditto

I've Got You Under My Skin - Ditto again.

Those are most of mine. I'm sure I've missed a few.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi James

I have to admit, there's a lot of L&C that I can just gloss over. eg I like JSN, cause they finally get back together. Other than that I couldn't have told you what happened in the ep, except the Mr and Badger (I can't even remember if that was L&C or not), oh, and there was lots of rain. laugh

Have you seen Anna's thread here ? She started a poll on this very subject! wink

Loriel (who hasn't actully voted cause its so long since she's seen actual eps!)

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
Ides of Metropolis - I am a Computer Programmer. I cringed at the Techless Babble.
LOL, James. That's the one and only ep a friend of mine has seen and he loathed it for the same reason. I had to listen to him grumble and complain about how the writers know Nothing about computers.

I'd probably go with Smart Kids as my least favorite in S1, Return of the Prankster in S2 (I never did like the three stooges and 2 is only 1 less obnoxious than 3 wink ). I don't think I could choose a least favorite from S3 since there are several that are not to my taste, and ditto S4 (although if forced to choose at gunpoint, I'd probably pick Supermann in S3 and Ghosts in S4 wink ).

Shadowfax

Columnist
Columnist
I can find something I like in every ep, but there are a few that I just can't stand to watch anymore because they're so bad overall. The funny thing is that some of the ones that have been mentioned are among my favorites eps. laugh

When Irish Eyes Are Killing - The villain was dull and somewhat anticlimactic and Veronica Kipling is the most annoying character in Superman history. She's worse than Janice from Friends, IMO.

Forget Me Not - The A-plot was a stretch of reality (even for a show about a man who flies) not to mention annoying, and the B-plot was absolutely infuriating. I can no longer listen to The Battle Hymn of the Republic. I think if I ever heard it again, my head would actually implode.

Ghosts - This episode patronizes the greatness of Lois and Clark with a villain as superficial as a ghost. I mean, really! There are tons of cool villains in the comics, and they have to use a ghost?!

~Anna

S
Blogger
Blogger
S
I can no longer listen to The Battle Hymn of the Republic. I think if I ever heard it again, my head would actually implode.
Don't you mean that you'd go out and start shooting people? goofy

The funny thing is that some of the ones that have been mentioned are among my favorites eps.
You can't leave it like that, Anna! wink You have to tell us which ones are your faves and why!

Shadowfax

Columnist
Columnist
You can't leave it like that, Anna! You have to tell us which ones are your faves and why!
Okay, okay, but I thought this was a thread for least fave eps, so I only explained those. Of the ones that others have meantioned, these are some of my faves:

Man of Steel Bars - Probably the best ep of S1. The kiss is just so sweet and poignent. I think Lois grows up a lot in this ep.

Target: Jimmy Olsen - This isn't really one of my absolute top 10 faves, but I do like it. Why? One word: Sarah!

Double Jeopardy - This episode takes you through every emotion: anger, frustration, excitement, sadness. And I just can't get enough of Wanda Detroit. laugh

Soul Mates - A clever spin on the Tempus villain combined with witty dialogue and a perfect ending scene makes this one of the best episodes of the series. Some people have said that they think it's silly, but I look at it as a parody and I enjoy the silliness. jump

This just goes to show how great LnC is: what some people don't like, others love!

~Anna

PS you can see my personal ranking of all of the eps on my site: http://www.geocities.com/annaebanana/rank.html

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can not tell you my least favorite ep except for the end of season four ... personally that one sucks because it was a cliffhanger that never got resolved... but for the rest, there were parts of all eps that I liked and part of most that I wanted to pitch, frankly I could distill the entire run of the show into about two seasons... jump

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Blogger
Blogger
Least fav eps were anything from the third season. Apart from that I didn't care too much for Ghosts, rather silly topic. razz

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Least favourite eps? Hmm... Well, there are quite a few eps which I have problems with, but can still enjoy nice elements - so in Illusions of Grandeur, which I do think is very silly, I love the scene at the end where Clark brings Lois flowers and pretends that it's magic. So my list here is just of episodes I really loathe and like to pretend didn't happen. smile1

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Columnist
Columnist
peep

My least fave LnC ep? The one I haven't seen yet.

No seriously - I found something I liked in every one of the eps from season 1-4.

Sure, some were silly plots, and others made me cringe that my sister and bro-in-law decided to watch that night - I had been raving about the show for months, and the *one* night they decided to watch, it was an ep that dealt with something they decided was "New Age". (They are *very* conservative Christians who shudder any time anything remotely devilish or unexplained is shown on TV - let's just say that they *don't* know about my XFiles obs...er, fandom...) So anyway, I can't remember which ep it was - prolly Never on Sunday or Just Say Noah or something - and they told me what a heathen I was for watching something so full of the devil...

But then I should have expected it. My parents and my sister have been down on Star Trek for years, for the same reason. Although, my bro-in-law isn't too bad about it. Go figure. But let's just say that I have to be very careful which of my shows I watch when my family is around. My dad even had a fit about SG1 the one time I dared to watch it when he was downstairs last summer - ever after that if he was home I just let the VCR get it and watch it when he was home and might wander down to the basement (where I live, so it's basically my private area, but he does have his office down there, as well as their storage area, so they come down now and again...) - well, his thing was not the scifi-ness or the aliens or anything like that... He was working in his office with the door closed, and he only heard the sound, but when he walked by, there was some zat' shooting going on, and he didn't like it 'cause it was too violent - well sorry, Dad, but most of my shows do have a little violence in them, and I'm nearly 35 for god's sakes, I can handle it...

/rant, sorry!

Anyway, short and long of it is, some eps of LnC were better than others, but I have a hard time classifying any as *The Worst*. Honestly!

Melisma (going back into hiding here under her Rock, after that long rant-babble)

peep

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Really, James! You have a LOT of least favorite eps listed there. Not much left to enjoy by the looks of that! drool

So I'd rather go for 'the worst scenes' or storylines grumble iso eps.

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Top Banana
Top Banana
Season 1:
Smart Kids
Illusions of Grandeur

Season 2:
Chi of Steel
Operation Blackout
Return of the Prankster

Season 3:
Contact
When Irish Eyes Are Killing
Never On Sunday
The Dad Who Came In From the Cold
Forget Me Not
Oedipus Wrecks
It's a Small World After All

Season 4:
Swear to God, This Time We're Not Kidding
Bob and Carole and Lois and Clark
Stop the Presses
Ghosts
AKA Superman
Toy Story
Family Hour

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
I thought this was a thread for least fave eps, so I only explained those.
You're right, Anna; I might have steered you wrong - sorry. blush

I was looking at your ranking of eps on your website - cool idea. I was interested to see that you have several shows tied for each rank - that's the way I'd do it, too. smile

This just goes to show how great LnC is: what some people don't like, others love!
Ditto that!

Shadowfax

Top Banana
Top Banana
There are a few eps which storyline is complete crap. But usually there are a few scenes that are good. But the storyline does tent to get me so bored that I don't look for those scenes anymore.

So for me that are Ghost (the writers really should have done their homework better, some of the things really weren't ghosts things), Toy Story, Stop the Presses, It's A Small World After All and Supermann.

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Merriwether
Merriwether
I ground my teeth every time they used "pseudo-science" when there was REAL stuff they could have used instead. This happened a lot.

OTOH, once in a while they really did use actual science or technology in a clever way -- like the GPS stuff in TAGD. That was cute -- especially the +/- six feet.

I mean, ok, so Superman violates the laws of physics every time he flies. Does that mean we have to ignore science altogether?

/getting off [Linked Image]

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Top Banana
Top Banana
Season one - Smart Kids
Season two - Target Jimmy Olsen
Season three - the aargh
Season four - the Lex Luthor arch

And I liked "Ghosts."

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I hated the scene where Lois is under the table and disarming the bomb... for some reason that really bothered me...

And I did not care for the undre the table in AKA superman either

there was one more, but I can't remember it right now, so no big deal <g>

Marns
~pobody's nerfect

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard