Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#173514 06/19/03 01:00 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Good job Me!

your turn (oh...and who was running multiworld? wink )

-Breanna

#173515 06/19/03 02:07 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
In answer to Breanna's other question, Bill Church, Jr. is in charge of Intergang/Multiworld at the time.

In the episode, "The Green, Green Glow of Home," Clark wins a bear for Lois by ringing the bell. On the strength scale, five of the seven statuses are visible with the very top being Superman if you successfully ring the bell (second from the bottom and second from the top cannot be seen). What are three of the other four statuses? Bonus points if you can name all four.

HINT: Clark tries to swing the mallet four times.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#173516 06/20/03 09:51 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Roger, this question has been about to drive me crazy! mad I finally had to go dig out my tape and see if I could come up with the answer. If my prescription hasn't run out on my glasses, I saw: Wimp, Lumber Jack, Muscle Man, and Hero Rules. Now hurry and tell me if we saw the same thing! dizzy

#173517 06/20/03 10:26 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I saw: Wimp, Lumber Jack, Muscle Man, and Hero Rules. Now hurry and tell me if we saw the same thing!
You were close.

They were:

Superman
?
Hercules
Muscle Man
Lumber Jack
?
Wimp

But since I only asked for 3/4, you got it! Guess this one was tougher than I thought.

I find it funny that there's supposed to be something between Hercules and Superman. What would that be? (Hercules is sandwiched between the scores 4400 and 4700, while Superman is above the 4800 score).

You're next!

P.S. My recordings come from DirecTV (MPEG2) recorded to a DirecTV version of TiVo (no loss of quality since the signal is saved directly instead of a standard D->A->D conversion), transferred to DVD via S-Video sans commercials, so the quality of the video I have is pretty darn good, so that makes it much easier to read the words. The toughest one I saw to read was Lumber Jack.

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#173518 06/20/03 03:32 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm, that was something about spraying for fruit flies... and it was, I think, in Neverending Battle and Pheremone, My Lovely.
I was watching "Target: Jimmy Olsen!" the other day and I noticed that when Lois covered up Dan's ugly lips and eyes "mobile" that the newspaper also had a headline below the fold about "Fruit Fly Spraying." Seems they use this prop a lot. Either that or Metropolis has a really nasty ongoing fruit fly problem. smile

-- Roger

#173519 06/22/03 06:36 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Answering the questions was a lot more fun than trying to come up with another one. How about this one? What was the first episode in which we saw Star? The last? And how many in between? Can you name them all?

I know, too easy....

But I'm running off to make sure of the answer! dizzy

#173520 06/22/03 09:08 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I can name the first... Contact.

Then she was also in... Just Say Noah, Never on a Sunday, when Iresh eyes are killing,

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
#173521 06/25/03 10:52 AM
Blogger
Blogger
She first appeared in Contact, then in When Irish Eyes Are Killing, then in Just Say Noah, then Never On Sunday was the last. Just to get the order in there.

#173522 06/26/03 12:30 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Bumpkin, Skitz, those are the ones I came up with, too. Since you answered first, Bumpkin, I guess it's your turn.

#173523 06/26/03 02:19 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Whoohoo I won!! Okay, now what to ask? You know when you answer these, the fact that you have to come up with the next question never seems to cross your mind... dizzy

Which was the first episode that we met Dr Klein, and why did we meet him? Plus who were we introduced to him as? huh

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
#173524 06/26/03 02:34 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't resist...

We first met Dr. Klein in Don't Tug on Superman's Cape, because there had been a break-in at STAR labs. Tim & Amber Lake had stolen kryptonite -- clues indicated Bad Brain Johnson, but I can't remember if he was dead by then or not. Clark was there as Superman, and Lois told him off for keeping kryptonite around so that bad guys would have it available to point right at his thick head. smile (I think that earlier hero-worship phase has well worn off by now goofy )

PJ
This ep is very very high on my list of favorite L&C eps smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#173525 06/27/03 07:07 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Pam you got it except for what was odd about it, he was not Bernard Klein in that ep, but Prestone or something Klein... (it's in the script <g>)

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
#173526 06/28/03 01:15 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If they didn't say it onscreen, it doesn't count! goofy

And since I'll be away from my computer most of the weekend, I'll let someone else jump in with a new question...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#173527 06/28/03 03:24 AM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Okay I'll come up with the question, in ATAI... Lois and Clark arrive at work the next day after Lois finds out that Clark's parents have been kidnapped wearing ths same clothes, what does Perry think they did they did the previous night?

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#173528 06/28/03 03:59 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Perry thinks they eloped, but Lois was the only one wearing the same clothes. Clark had changed into a suit, whereas the night before he was wearing all black... Very nice looking I might add, too.

#173529 06/28/03 04:09 PM
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Yep you are right and I apologis for that mix up I haven't seen the show in a long time!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
#173530 06/29/03 02:56 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Not sure if this is a valid question, but I thought it would be fun...

Name at least three arguments Lois and Clark had? Who came out on top?

Bonus: How about three between Lois and Superman?

#173531 06/29/03 09:27 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Name at least three arguments Lois and Clark had? Who came out on top?
1. Pilot ep. where Clark calls Lois a snob, and Lois tells Clark her three rules-- and says her date with Luthor is business. Lois wins.

2. Witness ep. where Lois and Clark are arguing about how many times Clark saved her life that day. Lois wins again.

3. I've Got a Crush on You ep. where Lois and Clark are arguing about what Clark should have done instead of blowing her cover. Clark wins.

Bonus: How about three between Lois and Superman?
1. Obviously there's Barbarians at the Planet (I think that's the right ep.) where Superman goes to Lois's apartment and Lois tells him she loves him, and he shoots her down. Superman wins that one. I'm not sure if that was really an argument though... *ponders*

2. We Have a Lot to Talk About, when Superman saves Lois from the bomb, and she accuses him of taking more time since she answered his proposal. I think Lois wins that one...

3. Don't Tug on Superman's Cape when Lois finds out that STAR Labs had been keeping kryptonite and Superman/Clark never told her about it. I don't think either one won that one... Do these count since Lois already knew Clark was Superman?

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
#173532 06/29/03 02:09 PM
Columnist
Columnist
You're too good, Blayne. I like those answers, though I could add a couple...

Ides of Metropolis--Lois and Clark fight about her harboring a fugitive... Lois wins.

The Rival--Argue about Linda King... I don't know if there was a clear winner there.

Chip Off the Old Clark--the biggest portion of that episode seemed to be an argument... It was just a little silly, but totally something any given woman would have done in Lois' place.

As for Lois vs. Superman:

WHALTTA--He gets mad over her refusal of his proposal... Though I believe that could go both ways. She also fought with Clark over that one.

IASWAA--They argue Clark's size... and determine they're both stubborn.

Gosh, this is fun! I could go on and on. But I won't. Your turn!!!!

#173533 06/29/03 05:13 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ok I've never done this before, but I think this is a pretty easy one... Name two characters who weren't played by the same actor throughout the whole series. For example, the most obvious one would be Jimmy, who was changed from Michael Landes in the first season, to Justin Whalin in the rest of the series. The ones I'm thinking of weren't stars of the show though.

*Blayne*

Clark: You are really high maintenance, you know it?
Lois: But I'm worth it.

Clark: Not exactly what you had in mind, huh?
Lois: Let's see. So far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, been treated as your girlfriend, and insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard