Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#173454 05/23/03 01:56 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by LabRat:
Oh, and I forgot - please don't cut and paste right from the script, even if you do look up the answer there
Just idly curious <G>, but is there a reason for this, Mel?

LabRat smile
I personally find it harder to determine if the person has the right answer if they post the script verbatim, Lab. I mean, a couple of the questions on this thread and a couple other quiz/quote/etc threads, the person just went to the script, cut and pasted about a page or so which contained the answer they wanted to give, and assumed that they got the question right. I'm not so smart as that! smile I'm a teacher; you have to give me a simple straight answer to the question so I can give you a check mark or a big red X, ya know - with 7 classes, containing 20 or 21 students each, I'd be correcting all day if I had to read a script for each question... Colour me stupid, I guess...

That, plus the two questions were not in the same location of the script in question - you give me a page of script for each part, we'd overload the server in a hurry.

That's my reasoning, and I'm sticking with it for now laugh And anyway, Kathy got the question right, so I'm off to see if I can answer hers now...

Melisma (under her Rock, wondering if she even made any sense there!)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#173455 05/23/03 02:32 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, it makes sense to me because personally I'd find it quicker and easier to just type a line of text in answer than try and cut and paste a section of script. goofy

Just wondered if I'd missed something along the way that prohibited it for technical reasons or something. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#173456 05/23/03 09:46 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
LabRat got it right! Sharon Thomas had a guest appearance in three episodes --

In Season 1, "Green Green Glow of Home", playing Maisie ("With Clark, what you see is what you get!")

In Season 2, "Seasons Greedings" (which Dean also wrote!), playing a woman who battled Lois for the space rat in the toy store

and in Season 3, "Just Say Noah", playing the nun in whose car Superman saves the toys meant for an orphanage ("Superman is a national treasure!")

Too bad she didn't go four for four and play something in the last season. smile

LabRat, you're up!

Kathy

#173457 05/23/03 06:54 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Oh whew, I'm glad you're okay with it, Lab - I was afraid you were thinking that I was just being arbitrary and out to spoil the fun of those who *like* to cut and paste whole sections. No, not a general rule, just a personal request smile

Melisma (breathing easier here under her Rock)

Do, or do not. There is no try.
- Yoda
#173458 05/23/03 11:49 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, gosh. I keep forgetting that answering questions means you have to come up with one of your own. help

Okay, let's think...

...still thinking...

Um....

Okay, mind's gone a complete blank now. Bear with me, I'll get back to you later in the day. :rolleyes:

Okay, back. And still thinking...

What was the name of Sheldon Bender's boat in The Phoenix?

Sorry, best I could come up with.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#173459 05/24/03 01:43 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wasn't it the 'Sue You' or something like that...I'll go home and check my tape. One of my favorite eps anyway, so definitely not in the realm of hardship. laugh

Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
#173460 05/24/03 03:15 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Darn it, I was too slow! smile Jill is right, it's definitely the "Sue You". Lois rolls her eyes at it as she reads it off the side of the boat. I know because I watched this episode over and over while plotting WLBM. Not exactly torture, I'll tell ya. <g>

Hmm, maybe that's why I'm dragging my feet on getting started with WMBE ... watching Resurrection over and over might be a bit too much to ask, even in the name of fanfic. wink

Kathy

#173461 05/24/03 03:28 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry this is off-topic, but you're writing a sequel, Kathy? Or I should say another sequel? Cool. party

What does WMBE stand for?

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#173462 05/25/03 12:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. At this juncture I could get all pedantic and say - not exactly. goofy

But, I'll refrain. laugh Though I was quite amused by the fact that it was spelled Sue U. <G>

Jill, you're up! wink

LabRat smile

The Musketeers
#173463 05/27/03 02:10 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
D'oh! You're right, Labbie, it is the "Sue U". Well, at least I got it right in my story, even if my memory failed on the spelling.

Lois lifted a pair of binoculars to her eyes and adjusted the focus. "The 'Sue U'," she read off the side of the yacht. "Oh, *please*.
Whew. Had to go check, just in case. <g>

And yes, me, there will be a third story in the trilogy. The titles of the three stories are "When Friends Become Lovers", "When Lovers Become More", and "When More Becomes Everything". Hmm, I sense a pattern ... smile Can't give an estimated date, though, unfortunately. The story is all plotted and outlined, but I need to finish up another couple short stories first, so I probably won't be able to start actually writing it until later this year. smile With as slow as I write, let's hope for 2004. wink

Kathy (not hijacking the thread for fanfic discussion, just showing that I'm eagerly waiting Jill's next question. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!)

#173464 05/28/03 06:19 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oops! Sorry, guys, I got distracted with studying and forgot that I'd even answered this. :p

New question:

Where did Jonathan order the take-out from at the end of Chi of Steel?

I know it's random, but it's all I could come up with right now, unless you want questions about the clotting cascade from my Pathology book. help

Jill (who went back and re-read WLBM last night to find the 'Sue U' bit...no, I wasn't putting off studying, it was research I tell you, RESEARCH!) goofy

#173465 05/28/03 11:13 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
House of Hunan (not sure on the spelling there...)

Martha said there was too much garlic :p

-Breanna

#173466 05/29/03 08:27 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yup, yup! That was it, Breanna! She would've prefered if he'd gotten it from the Szechwuan Palace though. <g>

Your turn!

Jill goofy

#173467 06/02/03 11:47 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey...sorry all...I've been sick.

Let's see...

In which episode did someone have a mid-life crisis, and what did they do about it?

-Breanna

#173468 06/02/03 11:58 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
In Vatman, Perry got himself a hairpiece and started doing dangerous things, such as the bungee jump near the end (where he lost the rug smile )

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#173469 06/02/03 12:31 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Right you are, Roger!

(and sorry about the gender mistake earlier :p )

Your turn!

-Breanna

#173470 06/02/03 01:46 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
In the episode, "And the Answer Is...," it's Martha's and Jonathan's anniversary. What did each give as a present to the other? What was inside Martha's gift to Jonathan, and how did Jonathan give his gift to Martha?

-- Roger

#173471 06/02/03 02:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hm, I believe it's time to make a wild guess, but even if it's wrong, it'll probably lead someone else in the right direction because I'm too lazy to look up the exact answer. Here's my guess.

Martha gave Jonathan some carved wooden box, and it had like a stone for each year of their marriage or something. And I think Jonathan gave Martha a book on Italian, and inside the book were plane tickets to Italy....

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#173472 06/02/03 03:46 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Martha gave Jonathan some carved wooden box, and it had like a stone for each year of their marriage or something. And I think Jonathan gave Martha a book on Italian, and inside the book were plane tickets to Italy....
Pretty close. Jonathan initially got her a gift certificate to CostMart (which Martha wasn't too enthusiastic about), which could be used to buy a book that's in Italian. After mentioning the book was in Italian, Jonathan said that he hoped they would learn some Italian by the time they got back from Rome (as he handed her the plane tickets). Martha called her gift a memory box.

Good memory! Your turn!

-- Roger

#173473 06/02/03 04:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hmm let's see...What's Alan Morris' new job after the end of the whole invisible man fiasco?

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard