Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great minds think alike! Or is it experienced minds?
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If any of the good betas out there are willing, I would probably bid on a beta job for a short story (within so many K words), too. wink I mean, I *could* ask my current betas to beta my short stories as well, but I fear I'm already working them to death on Wrong Clark and I don't want to push my luck. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Virginia,

I know that our definitions of "short story" differ greatly blush , but if your story were, say, 25,000 words or less, I'd be happy to put it through the "Lynn shredder" (as a grad school colleague and dear friend of mine called my editing) for a donation to the site.

I have stopped BR-ing new stories for a while because things are getting busy at work, but I'd be glad to make an exception for a cause as worthy as donating to the maintenance of this site.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Hi Virginia,

I know that our definitions of "short story" differ greatly blush , but if your story were, say, 25,000 words or less, I'd be happy to put it through the "Lynn shredder" (as a grad school colleague and dear friend of mine called my editing) for a donation to the site.

I have stopped BR-ing new stories for a while because things are getting busy at work, but I'd be glad to make an exception for a cause as worthy as donating to the maintenance of this site.
hyper Being that I'm working on the epic that will not end ( laugh

I double checked (as I was writing up my own short story auction piece) and "Fireworks" the longest short story I've written was just over 16K, and that was definitely on the longer side of my distraction limit. I tend to write one part stories, three-parts stories, or epics (25+ part stories). I'd still like to master the mid-length story (5-15 Part story) one of these days, but, alas, that won't be in the foreseeable future.

Let me know via email or PM on the details and we'll set this up. Thanks a million, Lynn!

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Believe it or not, some fandoms do occasionally have problems with people making money on their fanfics. Since this is illegal without the permission of the owner of the intellectual property (such as fanfics published via Amazon Worlds), this can get people (and sites) into trouble. That's why so many fansites have disclaimers stating that they make no money. I have a disclaimer on my fanfic site. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Virginia, I PM-ed you with the e-mail address I use for anything FoLC-related.

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Disclaimer updated.

LnC Boards Donation Page

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by amciotola:
Disclaimer updated.

LnC Boards Donation Page
Thank you. My paranoid self feels much better. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Looks good, but I'm waiting for somewhere to send a real check.
regards
Artemis

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Artemis, Tank, Morgana, and anyone else wanting to pay by physical check, please give me a PM to get the address!

Thanks,
Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Kerth
Kerth
I love all of the ideas that have been suggested for fundraising! I unfortunately won't be able to contribute anything product-wise to this because of all my current time constraints. I do have a couple of other questions though (haven't read every comment, keep in mind)--

1. Isn't there going to be some sort of copyright issues that come up with this? Essentially "selling" fanart or fanfiction might be encroaching a bit close on some CP laws. Makes me just a little bit anxious....

2. I really like the idea of selling t-shirts or other things with phrases on them. Seems like a safer way to go-- and it's definitely something I'd be interested in buying! (I've got a shopping problem...) When will those be going up, and where specifically? I know there's been a couple of categories added, but it doesn't seem like those would really fit them. Are they going to be run through a third party site like Zazzle or something?

Just some thoughts. Keep me posted. smile

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We're not selling anything. Fans are offering their creativity in providing transformative works in return for a donation. That's the same principle as when you donate to some charities - over a certain amount will sometimes get you a gift.

There have been many auctions similar to this, most taking place in far more public arenas, without any kind of problem. And we have a clear disclaimer on the donation page that authors and creators are not being paid for their work - the money is all going towards upkeep of websites.

Thanks for the question!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So far I have had no requests!

I have Bobbart's stories ready. clap

Anyone have a favorite author out there that they would like a complete set of their stories? confused

Just send me a PM or an e-mail ken.janney@kjanney.com with your selected author or list of story titles. party

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi KSaraSara:
I PM'd you. Happy to send out a check.
KenJ can testify I'm a pretty good beta. So I can offer to beta for someone. Please, not as long as Ken's usual stories. Something more the length of his "GGGOH Matchmaker Syle".
smile1
Artemis

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ken and Artemis: I believe they want these donated services to be listed over on the FanFic Auction and Fundraising Swag forums.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Guys!

Quick note to PayPal: Unless I'm mistaken, they deduct an extra 34c for each transactions, so paying in bulk as Virginia suggested in another thread would probably be highly recommended.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The new SWAG polls are open. Please vote today because they close at Midnight on Friday night!

Second Fundraising Slogan Swag Poll

What kind of SWAG do you want? Poll

Sorry, DC, it looks like if we evil writers want an Evil Writer's hat (or T-shirt) we'll have to get it on our own. frown It wasn't a top 14 vote getter.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ah, well, I expected that outcome, Virginia.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
Ah, well, I expected that outcome, Virginia.
Just so you know, I did vote to keep that slogan. :p

Thanks Wendy for the clarification. I just figure it's always best to triple check on stuff like this. Better safe than sorry.

One last question- I swear- can someone explain to me exactly what the difference is between the "swag" and the "fanworks auction" stuff? I think it's just the term swag that's tripping me up. confused

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
One last question- I swear- can someone explain to me exactly what the difference is between the "swag" and the "fanworks auction" stuff? I think it's just the term swag that's tripping me up. confused
I think the difference is that SWAG ("Stuff We All Get" or something like that), trinkets, t-shirts, physical items, you can hold in your hand and usually advertises something (those freebee pens, pencils, or pins handed out at fairs, that type of thing). Here, we were trying to come up with our own Slogan to put on them and they wouldn't be free. You would pay for the item(s) with the slogan on them which would also include an amount for a donation. This forum also would include fixed donation price items and everyone can get one type stuff, which could probably include things like Ken's epub offer and Lynn's short story offer.

Where as the "Fanworks Auction" stuff is supposed to be more creative items, which will go to the highest bidder: Banners, beta work, guest shots in someone story, avatars, etc. (although, I understand some of those things could probably end up as SWAG / set priced items as well).

This is my understanding. Please, Wendy et al, correct me if I'm wrong.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard