Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
On behalf of Tricia and the rest of the Kerth team I invite you to start nominating your favorite fanfics from last year!!

You can do so at:

http://www.kerthawards.com/2014noms.html

I'm also created a one stop reading page at:

http://www.kerthawards.com/2014storylist.html

As mentioned earlier, nominations will remain open until March 9th or later if Tricia needs some extra time.

Thank you!

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Top Banana
Top Banana
I clicked on a bunch of the links and found that most of them don't go to the story listed (ex. I clicked on the link to SOLD! To the Highest Bidder and the link went to Snowy Secrets).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm a little confused. Specimen S is listed for me, but that won last year. And none of my stories from this past year have been listed, Miracle and The Truth Is.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
The list of authors seems to be one or two places out, so very few of the stories line up with their correct authors.

Also, my story 'Accused' isn't eligible this year because it was eligible last year.

Corrina.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you, Annette, for stepping in to help. notworthy Unfortunately, as others have said, your list both reflects the wrong author for some stories and stories that not only were nominated last year, but many of the winners as well. Tricia has compiled the most accurate list for this year's Kerth Awards here: Eligible Stories .

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Two of my stories are incorrectly linked.

Game Night is linked to Garden of Memories

Stranger in our Midst is linked to Ultra Lucille as the author.

The story Countermeasures - the expanded version is missing from the list.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't want it to seem like I a piling on, but I have to agree. I have stories on the list attributed to other authors and missing stories.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Annette, I tried to "Contact us" links from the Kerth page and ended up getting 404 errors for both of them.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Glad to see the nominations open, but as everyone else has said there a problems with links, author names and the actual eligible stories.

I've got 2 more eligible that are not on the list. Waiting and Line and Under the Spotlight.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Sorry just saw all this today. I've been real sick while trying to get this ready and I use an excel spreadsheet for code that repeats.

Needless to say I had the story list and the Url mixed up but it's all fixed now.

Please let me know if there are any more issues via the Contact US page, I'll see it much faster that way

Thanks

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America." Bill Clinton, inaugural address, January 21, 1993
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I've also need to work with Tricia on what needs to be updated. I never looked at the list here on the boards just worked from the spreadsheet I was given.

The Contact Us page does indeed work if you are having issues it could be related to your virus software. Just email us at kcom07 @ lcficmbs.com (remove the spaces.)

Also the nomination page does work so you can go from the list on the boards for now.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by amciotola:
The Contact Us page does indeed work if you are having issues it could be related to your virus software. Just email us at kcom07 @ lcficmbs.com (remove the spaces.)
Just tried to email you regarding my old stories which needed to be removed from the list and received this return message:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

kcom07@lcficmbs.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain lcficmbs.com by lcficmbs.com. [66.147.240.193].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 No Such User Here"
I copied and pasted the email from your posting (and removed the spaces). You might want to double check the address.

VirginiaR.
---
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Annette, what do we do about our stories that have been left off the list? I emailed Trisha about The Vampire Murders. Since I posted the last part on Dec. 31, it is eligible for this year's Kerths, and Trisha put it on the list, but it isn't on the new list. I doubt I'm the only one left off. I appreciate the fact that you've been sick and now have suddenly had this whole thing dumped in your lap, so don't think I'm trying to pile on, however we do need to get this straightened out before it is time to vote.

I hope you're feeling better, and aren't pulling your hair out over this <g>

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Please work off the list Tricia has here for the next few days. I'm really getting my ass kicked here with the flu and have very little energy.

As for the contact us page not working for some? I don't know what to tell you because it is working from the server and from my end. I have seen a few emails from it in my mailbox. I just don't have the energy to do anything about it.

Just give me a few more days ...

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

Kerth
Kerth
Oh dear. frown I just checked and I have two stories that were nominated last year showing up on the list ('High Tide' and 'Worth the Risk'), and then two from this year that actually are eligible (though they are not yet on the archive) that don't show up at all: 'The Ears Have It' and 'Fire Drill.'

I tried to go through the "contact" link on the page to alert the committee, but it takes me to a 404 Not Found error. confused

Sue

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just sent Tricia a list sorted by size and broken down by categories. It makes it easy to see which group a story falls into.

I hope she posts it.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Thank you Ken. Tricia forwarded it to me.

As I'm starting to feel better I'll get the corrected list up at some point today.

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this. This is the first time in a looong time that the flu completely took me out.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
The Story list page is now fixed per the spread sheet that KenJ gave us.

I hope everything is up to par.

And today's the first day I feel human so hopefully this didn't cause too much trouble.

Thanks

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi!

Several of the story links on the Story List page are loops - instead of taking you to the story, they reload the list.

Just an FYI smile

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
That's because I don't have links to them so they are empty links. This happens every year.

Annette wink

www.kerthawards.com
www.lcficmbs.com
www.folcvideo.com
www.nfanfic.net
www.annesplace.net

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Just so everyone knows, Countermeasures - The Expanded version should be read, not the original! Trust me the ending is MUCH better.

We really have to thank the Kerth Committee for all their hard work!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Morgana posted:
We really have to thank the Kerth Committee for all their hard work!
Yes, a big thank you to everyone involved--with family emergencies, the flu, etc...you've had your hands full this year. Appreciate everything you all do smile !

Thank you,
Laura clap

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard