Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:

If we have difficulty receiving nominations, perhaps we should go back to the first Kerth Awards and choose a story which won. LLF, since nobody has definitively nominated a short story for October, you should just choose one from the 1998 Kerth Award Winners page. What do you think?

The winner for best WAFFy story looks pretty short. How about using that as our short story?

Camping with Clark by Kathy Brown.

Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
I hope some of the people who aren't newbies and who have read many (or most) of the stories on the Archives (and you know who you are, because you're always recommending stories to the rest of us -- hint, hint) would also join in on the discussion.
Guilty. notworthy

Andreia
I think it was pretty much settled that we'd read (K)nightfall for the month of October. Of course, if people want to try to get together a list of Halloween themed stories to choose from to read for November, we could do that, too, even if it is a little bit late for Halloween. I'm fine with doing whatever everybody else wants to do.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
One story that keeps haunting me is Alisha Knight's "From the Ruins." It isn't Halloween-based, so it could be discussed equally well some time after October. It does handle mature topics, but it is posted on the gfic side of the boards. (I'm guessing there may also be an nfic version, but since I don't wander into that part of the MB, I honestly don't know.) I don't want to say much about the story for fear of spoilers, but I can definitely say that it is incredibly powerful and it stays with one long after one figuratively "puts the book down."

Although I usually prefer to read stories that are lighter than this one, "After the Ruins" is so well-written that it is one of the very few pieces of fanfic that I have re-read.

Joy,
Lynn

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
How about we leave November open to any type of fanfic people feel like nominating instead of going with any specific theme? That way, we might get more nominations. So far, we have "The Strongest Magic" by ML Thompson and Alisha Knight's "From the Ruins" as possibilities. If anybody else wants to throw out a few more nominations, I'll create a poll and we can choose one for next month.

And remember, we'll be discussing this month's fanfic starting the 15th. cool

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Also, when recommending FanFic can you let us know if it's for the short or long story category. That way, it will be easier to sort them out.

How about we leave November open to any type of fanfic people feel like nominating instead of going with any specific theme? That way, we might get more nominations. So far, we have "The Strongest Magic" by ML Thompson and Alisha Knight's "From the Ruins" as possibilities. If anybody else wants to throw out a few more nominations, I'll create a poll and we can choose one for next month.
It may have been lost in the crowd, but I did nominate Lynn S.M.'s Thanksgiving Games for the short category for November, even though it's not that old (2 years). Should we open a new thread for November (and each month after that) nominations to separate it from other FanFic Readers Group business?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
It may have been lost in the crowd, but I did nominate Lynn S.M.'s Thanksgiving Games for the short category for November, even though it's not that old (2 years). Should we open a new thread for November (and each month after that) nominations to separate it from other FanFic Readers Group business?
Oh yes, I did miss that one, and I agree that a new thread for each month would be a good idea.

The new thread:

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=003514#000000

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
How about Ad Astra Per Aspera by Becky Bain. It's 157 kb.

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
And Camera Obscura By Mrs Mosley

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks, Meadowrose. I'll add those two stories to the list. wink

L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
It's the 15th. hyper I posted two threads for our discussions of our two stories in the 'Lois and Clark Fanfic' folder. I'm not sure if that was the best place to post them or not, but I figure they'll be moved if there's a better place for them. wink

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=016520

http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=016521

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LLF, just a thought, do you want to include links to the stories on the Archives in your opening post of the discussion threads so people can access the stories more quickly, if they join the discussion late or if we want to find quotes?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
LLF, just a thought, do you want to include links to the stories on the Archives in your opening post of the discussion threads so people can access the stories more quickly, if they join the discussion late or if we want to find quotes?
Good idea. I added a link for each story.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard