Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Since it seems like most people, myself included, would prefer to do this on the boards, that's what we'll do. Also, unless there are any objections, (K)nightfall will be our official first fanfic club read so that we don't get started late for October. If anybody wants to nominate and vote on a short story to go along with it, we can do that, too.

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
If anyone has a story in mind that is not on the archive, maybe you can email the author to have them archive the story. I've gotten several stories into the archive this way.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm a little late to the party, but would love to join the fanfic reading club!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've converted Knightfall to epub format if I should upload it anywhere or email to anyone let me know.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by dcarson:
I've converted Knightfall to epub format if I should upload it anywhere or email to anyone let me know.
Hi!

That story has already been converted and is on the eBooks Archive.
ePub: (K)nightfall by LaraMoon
MOBI: (K)nightfall by LaraMoon

Archive Link (text): Archive page

Please visit the eBook Archive project!!
http://www.lcfanfic.com/wiki/doku.php?id=start

smile

"It's the mythology of a sun god who wished he was a man because he saw something so great in us.
It's the story of a hero who could move whole worlds and see through stars and hear a whisper on the other side of the planet...
...and who fell in love with a storyteller." - ashmaht (x)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aha, I was looking under Moon not LaraMoon.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm probably stating the obvious laugh but if you haven't already considered it, I'd suggest starting a fresh thread for each fanfic/discussion.

LabRat :-)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Kerth
Kerth
Absolutely.

Btw, I was only asking about where the discussion takes place because I wanted to know if I stand a chance of joining. Because chatting is pretty much out of the question for me. I'm one of those FoLCs from across the Atlantic. So, yes, I prefer a discussion on these very boards.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Plus, the advantage of having the discussion here is that it's available for future members to enjoy and even participate in at a later date. Much like the ep discussion threads.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
L
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Originally posted by LabRat:
I'm probably stating the obvious laugh but if you haven't already considered it, I'd suggest starting a fresh thread for each fanfic/discussion.

Yes, I agree that a new thread for each discussion is a good idea.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
If the story had originally been posted here, should a new thread be started, or should the discussion take place in the feedback thread for the last part of the story? Posting in the FDK thread would make it easier for subsequent story readers to find the discussions.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
If the story had originally been posted here, should a new thread be started, or should the discussion take place in the feedback thread for the last part of the story? Posting in the FDK thread would make it easier for subsequent story readers to find the discussions.
Perhaps we should start a new thread and include links both in the previous FDK and in the new thread linking back to the old FDK.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Perhaps we should start a new thread and include links both in the previous FDK and in the new thread linking back to the old FDK.
That would give the best of both worlds. Sounds like a good idea to me.
Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Better still, start a new thread and include a link to the story's TOC. Newbies can find the story and original FDK thread in there and I'll add a link to the new FFC thread into the TOC. Everything in one neat package. wink

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Better still, start a new thread and include a link to the story's TOC. Newbies can find the story and original FDK thread in there and I'll add a link to the new FFC thread into the TOC. Everything in one neat package. wink

The Musketeers
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

The Musketeers
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice and organized--perfect! As a newbie, I LOVE this idea, totally will make sense to me wave

Love how organized this board is!

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thanks, LabRat. The double links are the perfect solution.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I hope some of the people who aren't newbies and who have read many (or most) of the stories on the Archives (and you know who you are, because you're always recommending stories to the rest of us -- hint, hint) would also join in on the discussion. Which stories do YOU keep going back and reading? The nomination process would be a great time to suggest your favorite stories (both long and short). We NEED you and your expertise in choosing what stories to read. We'd love to hear from you during the story discussions as well. Tell us WHY this is your favorite story. What draws you back to reading it, re-reading it, and recommending it year after year? How does it speak to you? This FanFiction Reading group will be better with input with the first time reader and those who know the stories by heart.

We should also have a separate thread for each month's nomination process. Some people may not have read that month's selection but want to join in on next month's. Also, it would make for a cleaner discussion not to include the nitty-gritty business of choosing the next stories within the current month's discussion.

If we have difficulty receiving nominations, perhaps we should go back to the first Kerth Awards and choose a story which won. LLF, since nobody has definitively nominated a short story for October, you should just choose one from the 1998 Kerth Award Winners page. What do you think?

Wow, I just saw that back in the beginning they did most Kerths by topic, not length. My, times have changed and how many topics there were. clap Well, since '[K]nightfall' is described by the author as a drama, should we pick something funny or romantic / WAFFy for our short story?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I hope some of the people who aren't newbies and who have read many (or most) of the stories on the Archives (and you know who you are, because you're always recommending stories to the rest of us -- hint, hint) would also join in on the discussion.
Guilty. notworthy

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard