Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I like Virginia's suggestion for Rob's costume.

How about this -

Rob's cape is a mottled black and gray simulating storm clouds which continue to his shoulders and the lightning bolts comes from the cloud on his left shoulder. Where the bolt originates he has a dimunuitive 'S' crest in the lightning bolt.

Angel has angel wings flanking her 'S' crest and a faint lightning bolt over the 'S'.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, that sounds good.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I vote for Red Thistle.

Being that she is from Scotland and has red hair it makes perfect sense.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Head researcher at STAR Labs and eldest son, Jonathan Kent AKA Kam-El
Uniform is black/yellow/red simply substituting black for Clark's blue.
Is married to Jennifer (Jen) Jenkins, who is a beautiful blond and is an elementary school teacher. Jennifer's uniform will carry on that color scheme.
Something Super might work, lol. Supermom? Superwoman? Überwoman?

Lawyer, eldest daughter and first wed was Lara Kent AKA Ultra Woman 2.
Ultra Woman 2's uniform is reversed colors of Ultra Woman's. Primarily teal with a hot pink cape.
She had married Michael (Mike) Lee who was also a lawyer in the same firm.
Sheriff? Deputy? Something to do with upholding the law, but without any lawyer puns. Or just go by Ultraman (even though that has been taken by DC comics ages ago).

ER Physician and eldest twin, Sean Kent AKA Dan-El,
uniform brown and green
had married Heather MacLeod a beautiful red haired Scott who was an Environmental Engineer.
McLeod? Highlander! laugh Or maybe something reminiscent of mother Earth, like Gaia/Gaea, Terra? (I think Terra is taken by DC comics, too.)

Jessica, the Ob/Gyn of the family AKA Hazel,
Uniform is hazel (a greenish brown) and red.
had married Richard (Rich) Stuart an Anthropo-Archeologist.
Pity we can't take Lucy for his superhero name. wink Maybe you could use the name of another important human(oid) fossil?

The computer whiz of the family, James Perry Kent AKA Zar-El,
orange and brown
had married Margaret (Peg) Dennis a dark haired beauty who was also a computer whiz.
Megawoman? Gigawoman? Terawoman? Petawoman? Well, maybe not Giga as that's derived from the name of a giant, Gigas.

Youngest daughter and Child Psychologist, Lucy AKA Angel
Angel's uniform is a white two piece with angel wings attached to her 'S' crest
had married Robert (Rob) Jackson a Biochemist.
Diamond! (Because then we have Lucy in the Sky with Diamond, if not Diamonds.) Would be an in-joke that nobody but the family would understand, and he could even use her mostly white coloration - only maybe with a bit of blue.

Director of the Superman Foundation and the youngest of the first generation, Sam Kent AKA Ben-El
purple and red
had married Alice. Alice was the only other fully Kryptonian member of the family, she also has dark hair and was from New Krypton. She will need a super persona since she uses her Kryptonian name as her married name Alice Kent.
Ice-El? (Would sound almost like Ice-Al, which would be the letters of her name in a different order. Might even have a journalist misspell Ice-Al as Ice-El.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
The computer whiz of the family, James Perry Kent AKA Zar-El,
orange and brown
had married Margaret (Peg) Dennis a dark haired beauty who was also a computer whiz.
Megawoman? Gigawoman? Terawoman? Petawoman? Well, maybe not Giga as that's derived from the name of a giant, Gigas.
Ooooh. I tried looking up some computer terms but I'm just helpless. These are good. I like Tera-el - Terra is also "Earth" in Portuguese. I liked Meg-El too but I know it's too close to Margaret or Peg for Ken's liking so I'm not going to suggest it. (Even though I DO like it. laugh )

Youngest daughter and Child Psychologist, Lucy AKA Angel
Angel's uniform is a white two piece with angel wings attached to her 'S' crest
had married Robert (Rob) Jackson a Biochemist.
Diamond! (Because then we have Lucy in the Sky with Diamond, if not Diamonds.) Would be an in-joke that nobody but the family would understand, and he could even use her mostly white coloration - only maybe with a bit of blue.
Oooh. I like this idea too. clap Although, I don't know if Rob is silly enough for such a name. He seems a bit serious.

Director of the Superman Foundation and the youngest of the first generation, Sam Kent AKA Ben-El
purple and red
had married Alice. Alice was the only other fully Kryptonian member of the family, she also has dark hair and was from New Krypton. She will need a super persona since she uses her Kryptonian name as her married name Alice Kent.
Ice-El? (Would sound almost like Ice-Al, which would be the letters of her name in a different order. Might even have a journalist misspell Ice-Al as Ice-El.)
clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Director of the Superman Foundation and the youngest of the first generation, Sam Kent AKA Ben-El purple and red had married Alice. Alice was the only other fully Kryptonian member of the family, she also has dark hair and was from New Krypton. She will need a super persona since she uses her Kryptonian name as her married name Alice Kent.
The name Lucy triggered this idea: Lu-El to use for Alice. We had a family friend named Luella, so it's rather common on Earth.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Good news!

Mouserocks has kindly volunteered to work on drawings of the new heros in costume.

As soon as we have something I will post the results.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I needed to make a decision on the name for Jen and I selected Muriel. That would be Muri of the house of El.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
I needed to make a decision on the name for Jen and I selected Muriel. That would be Muri of the house of El.
Didn't you already decide on Mari-el for Alice? Those two are a bit close sounding don't you think? Your Readers might get confused.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

It is different. One is Mariel. The other is Muriel.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It is different. One is Mariel. The other is Muriel.
But they are close enough in spelling and sounding as to confuse the Reader, especially for minor characters. That would be like having two characters like Jimbo and James (both called Jimmy) [Linked Image], or Clark and alt-Clark, or Lois and alt-Lois, Inspector Henderson and Detective Henderson [Linked Image], or.... Jose and Joseph, or Steven and Stephen, or Sam (boy) and Sam (girl). Talking as someone who knows wallbash , why ask for trouble and confusion, when you don't need to? Unless the characters picked similar names to confuse the general public on the number and super identity of the supers out there.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I think Red Thistle is a good idea for Heather's name.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] It is different. One is Mariel. The other is Muriel.
But they are close enough in spelling and sounding as to confuse the Reader, especially for minor characters. That would be like having two characters like Jimbo and James (both called Jimmy) [Linked Image], or Clark and alt-Clark, or Lois and alt-Lois, Inspector Henderson and Detective Henderson [Linked Image], or.... Jose and Joseph, or Steven and Stephen, or Sam (boy) and Sam (girl). Talking as someone who knows wallbash , why ask for trouble and confusion, when you don't need to? Unless the characters picked similar names to confuse the general public on the number and super identity of the supers out there. [/b]
In high school I knew a set of twins where one was named Mary and another Marie. And then my Dad has an aunt named Lorna, who has daughters named Lori and Laura, and daughter-in-law named Lori and Lara, or something like that. It was way to confusing to ever figure it all out.

Still, there are only so many names you can end with El. Although we have not seen Xeen-el, Zen-el, Lash-el and Laur-el yet.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I can see that I need to give more concideration to those names.

Thanks!

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I am in desperate need of a name for Lara's husband.

Lara's super name is Ultra Woman 2. Her uniform is reversed colors of Ultra Woman. Where Lois'cape was teal blue and the suit hot pink, Lara's suit is teal blue and the cape pink.

Her husband, Mike Lee, is a lawyer in the same firm. His uniform is all teal blue - cape included.

I need some kind of symbol and a name.

kj
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Well, the word "teal" also refers to a dabbler (a type of duck). So given his colour choice, he could be called The Dabbler and his symbol could be the silhouette of a teal.

This would be a terrific pun if he were only a part-time superhero.

I'm guessing this probably won't be the choice you actually use, but it was the first thing that came to my mind.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I liked Artemis's suggestion of Ultra Man, but I can see that you might want him to have his own identity separate from Lara. Although, if he uses the same color as in her uniform...

VirginiaR.
---
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Point of clarification.

Mike and Lara are both lawyers, however they do not specialize in criminal law. There's is more in the line of business law. Their specialty is negociating trade contracts with New Krypton.

I could potentially see his symbol being a Scales of Justice and calling himself perhaps - The Lawman.

Since he isn't a cop like Detective 'Wild Bill' Davidson, Celeste's husband, it wouldn't be coming too close to his real identity.

Comments?

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I would like to see one of the spouse heroes have an identity that has nothing to do with their careers. Most people in life work because they have to and not in a career, which they love, or would have chosen if the needs of life depended on it. It would seem a bit of a stretch if all of the spouses not only found the one person in the universe they were meant to love, but also happened to be in a career which they love just as much. Can't one of them yearn to be a rock star or artist or something, and have their superhero name reflect their true passion in life that has nothing to do with where they work?

VirginiaR.
---
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Interesting idea.

Suggestions?

kj
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard