Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Actually scrubs come in a variety of colors.

Some hospitals use the different colors to differentiate between divisions.

Example:
Med/Surg uses blue
ER used green
Psych uses mustard yellow
Pede uses lt blue with cartoon characters printed on them.

I do like the idea of using a solid color.

Example - Mike Lee doesn't want to wear a pink cape the way Ultra Woman 2 does so he will stick with teal blue for his entire costume.

Side note: Since Jennifer's parents were killed in the accident she has no living family, being an only child other than the Langs. I would see her adopting the El family as hers and assuming the 'S' crest and a Kryptonian name.

I will take suggestions for her Kryptonian name, The conditions are that it should become a pronouncable word or name ending in 'el' similar to those of the other girls - Noel, Hazel and Angel.

BTW: I will also take suggestions for Lara's Kryptonian name.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Since Jennifer's parents were killed in the accident she has no living family, being an only child other than the Langs. I would see her adopting the El family as hers and assuming the 'S' crest and a Kryptonian name.

I will take suggestions for her Kryptonian name, The conditions are that it should become a pronouncable word or name ending in 'el' similar to those of the other girls - Noel, Hazel and Angel.
Other Girl Names ending in "el": N'el (although Nell does make one think of the Newtrich sisters), Rach-El, Ari-El, Isab-el, Eth-el, Mari-El (I like this one laugh ), Ya-El (I'm not familiar with Yael, but it's in my baby name book - always a good buy for naming characters wink ), Ja-El (Jael?), Gret-El (Gretel),

Or you could play around with traditional spellings: Ada-El (Adele), Kar-El or Car-El (Carol), El-El (short for Ellen or Ella), Mich-El (Michelle), Bel-El or Be-El or Ba-El (Belle), She-El (short for Shelly), Abiga-el (Abigail), Lela-El (Lelia), Odi-El (Odilia), Apr(i)-El (April), Ceci-El (Cecile), Ka-El (dropping the L from Clark's Kryptonian name, or the opposite of Elka), Nad-El (Nadia), Ash-El (Ashley or the boys name Ash + El)

Or take just a short name which would sound good with the El suffex: Liv-El, Cass-El, Joy-El, Viv-El (Vivian), Thea-El, Bree-El or Bre-El (So not to have too many e's), Bryn-El, Cor-el (Cora-El), Kay-El, Ma-El (Mae), May-El

BTW: I will also take suggestions for Lara's Kryptonian name.
What about the simple: Lar-el? (Laur-El), since her Kryptonian name isn't known to the general public the similarities wouldn't be so obvious.

Since Alice (Ali-Ce? was it) married into the El family, couldn't her hero name simply be Ali-El? Being that Alice is a common enough name the two would not necessarily mean that they're the same person.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for all of those suggestions.

As for Lara and Alice, I don't think that Lar-El would be a good idea since it is too close to her true name of Lara. Same goes for Alice and Ali-El. We don't want to make it too easy for the bad guys to figure out the association.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I just had an idea.

Since I am up in the air about the colors for Sean and Heather's uniforms I think I will now come down to Erath on them.

Heather's maiden name was McLeod and the Clarks are a sept, subject clan, of the Camerons so they both have a Scottish connection. We discovered this in "First Love".

I will not put Sean in a kilt however I will pick a Cameron tartan that is very similar to a McLeod tartan. Heather will wear a short kilt in McLoed tartan as part of her uniform. I think that Sean's cape will be in Cameron tartan.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I will not put Sean in a kilt however I will pick a Cameron tartan that is very similar to a McLeod tartan. Heather will wear a short kilt in McLoed tartan as part of her uniform. I think that Sean's cape will be in Cameron tartan.
Wouldn't that be as much of an neon sign as naming Lara "Lar-El" and Alice "Ali-El"? Clark's Kryptonian name only came out due to the NK arc. Before that nobody but him and his folks (and possible Luthor and Nigel from the Globe) knew of the Kal-El name. If they don't use their Kryptonian names how are the bad guys going to hear of it, and since none of the other Kryptonian names have anything to do with the heroes' Earth names, why would the bad guys think any different for these two?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
One of the concerns I had when I suggested "Golden Thistle" for Heather was that with her heavy burr she would stick out and a connection would be formed between her and her being the superhero and consequently, because she's married to Sean, a connection with the Kent family. So maybe the tartans would work. Sean could even affect a Scottish accent when he was Dan-El so it would seem like the couple came over from Scotland.
Whoa, I just looked up Cameron Tartans and there are a whole lot of choices. See here: http://www.kinlochanderson.com/tartan/cameron
Maybe a "muted hunting" tartan would work best. You don't want to scare the people you are rescuing, particularly children!
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]
Jessica, the Ob/Gyn of the family AKA Hazel,
had married Richard (Rich) Stuart an Anthropo-Archeologist.
I can see Rich picking some Latin name which has roots in his love of history, cultures, and Archeology. Maybe the ancient Mayan word for Hero. Ken, does Rich specialize in certain region of the world or an era in which he's especially fond?

I tried looking for Hero in Mayan, and couldn't find it. I did find "help" which is "aantik" or "helper" which is "aantah". But I don't really like either one of those. I also saw "jaguaro" (I'm assuming is Jaguar) "chakmool", which is a cool name, but sounds kinda Klingon-ish. There's also "mosquito" which is "k'oxol", which I like too. "puma" (like a mountain lion) is "koh" which would work well if he adopts the "el" surname as "Koh-El". "rooster" is "t'eel" which wouldn't need to add the "el" to it since it already ends in "El". I don't remember Rich's personality really standing out in the story.

Knowing a little more about the personalities of the spouses might help us figure out which direction they would go to pick a name. Right now all we have is jobs, which all of us nobody wants to be defined me (well, at least I don't). We're all more than our chosen profession. What kind of music do they like or do they play a musical instrument? Do they have any hobbies or special talents or interests? Do they focus on a certain type of rescue or prefer a special ability, which might lead us to bird name for someone who especially like to fly, or fire names for ones who used his / her heat vision often, or ice names for those who used their cooling breath.
Rich's specialty is ancient Amer-Indian cultures. His thesis was on the Wampanoig tribe of Plymouth Mass. That was the research trip that Jess accompanied him on where he proposed. [/b]
Ancient and studying the Wampanoag really do not seem to work together. "pre-Columbian contact" is probably the best term for studying the Wampanoag. It is hard to get very far back pre-contact, and thus it really does not work as "ancient". Most ancient Amerindian studies are Meso-American, but it sounds like he does pre-contact North American native studies.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]I will not put Sean in a kilt however I will pick a Cameron tartan that is very similar to a McLeod tartan. Heather will wear a short kilt in McLoed tartan as part of her uniform. I think that Sean's cape will be in Cameron tartan.
Wouldn't that be as much of an neon sign as naming Lara "Lar-El" and Alice "Ali-El"? Clark's Kryptonian name only came out due to the NK arc. Before that nobody but him and his folks (and possible Luthor and Nigel from the Globe) knew of the Kal-El name. If they don't use their Kryptonian names how are the bad guys going to hear of it, and since none of the other Kryptonian names have anything to do with the heroes' Earth names, why would the bad guys think any different for these two? [/b]
You forgot to mention Lois in the knowing group. She clearly knew why he gave that name to Star under hypnosis.

Although, I half think he might have given it in court when he was being sued for supposedly hurting that guys hand. Although maybe it was in the trial of Lois and thus after the NK arc. I don;t really remember.

John Pack Lambert
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I think that since Heather has married into clan Cameron she will adopt the following Cameron tartan.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...CAB29A2E33211EA7AC8E&selectedIndex=5

Instead of a cape she will wear a sash over her right shoulder and a short kilt with a green Speedo type swim suit. Instead of boots ahe will wear ballet slippers and Scottish hign socks like a sword dancer.

I think that all of the female spouses, since they are marrying into the El family will wear the 'S' crest.

The female children of L&C will all wear the 'S' crest but it will be modified with a device similar to that of their spouse.

Example - if Bill were to use a shield, perhaps a simple isoceles triangle with short top and rounded sides then Noel's uniform would include a modified 'S' crest putting the 'S' inside a shield device shaped like his rather than Superman's.

Actually, I think we have two of them pretty well set.

Wild Bill will be The Shield with the above described device. The 'S' will stand for Shield in his case.

There is a scottish name, actually a nickname, Isel. Is-El will be Heather's Kryptonian name and she will wear the above described uniform.

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Looks good. Red, yellow and blue. What better a tartan. Being a modest Scottish lass, I don't know if Heather would go for a speedo type swim suit without a skirt of some nature. So that looks good. I like the sash and the names.
Also Jen and Bill look set. Now we just need one of the good artists here to make a picture of it.
cool
Artemis

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
The 'S' crest for Heather and Sean will be modified by superimposing the Cameron Clan Crest - modern form in the center of the S.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...A12FD8136BA8080117D9&selectedIndex=1

The motto translates as "Let Us Unite". A very fitting motto, I would say.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Virginia,

I too like the name Mari-El.

I think that would be fitting for Alice.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Artemis,

I like your idea for a name for Heather, with one change. Since she is a redhead and everyone knows that the Scottish thistle has a red flower, how about

1) "Red Thistle", - - - 3 vote
2) "Thistle Lass" - - - 0 votes
3) "Thistle" - - - - - - 0 votes

Let's vote on these three names.

I added my vote and Virginia's to Artemis'.

Anyone else out there voting?

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dang, that crest ought to throw fear into the perps. No one of them is going to know it says something nice. I vote for Red Thistle.
r/
Artemis

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I was just thinking about Angel.

She wears a white uniform with the angel wings at the sides of the 'S' crest.

Rob's uniform will also be white. Perhaps he should use a name which would go with the uniform.

He probably wears a white lab coat when he is at work as a Bio-Chemist.

Space Ghost is already taken.

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was just thinking about Angel.

She wears a white uniform with the angel wings at the sides of the 'S' crest.

Rob's uniform will also be white. Perhaps he should use a name which would go with the uniform.

He probably wears a white lab coat when he is at work as a Bio-Chemist.

Space Ghost is already taken.
Well, if you break up the white with an irregular silver streak (stripe) across the white uniform (since I can't see any man comfortable flying around in a skin-tight all-WHITE uniform). Then you could call him "Lightning".

VirginiaR.
---
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lightning! I like it!

Do we have a winner? vote!

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Angel & Lightning sounds great to me!
I vote yes.
thumbsup
Artemis

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Artemis,

I like your idea for a name for Heather, with one change. Since she is a redhead and everyone knows that the Scottish thistle has a red flower, how about

1) "Red Thistle", - - - 1 vote
2) "Thistle Lass" - - - 0 votes
3) "Thistle" - - - - - - 0 votes

Let's vote on these three names.
I agree with Artemis. I like Red Thistle too.

VirginiaR.
---
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I updated the vote tally above.

kj
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard