Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for Best Original/Supporting Character, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 5. Why only 5? There are only 5 stories remaining which meet the criteria for this category that have not already been used and each belong to unique authors. (That is, according to my record-keeping, which is admittedly not infallible.) Since this is a short quiz, you will get an extra point if you can name the original or supporting character referenced in or speaking the quote or excerpt.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Saturday by 11:59 p.m. (Pacific). (Short quiz = short response window!)

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here .

Please post your answers here .

Have fun and good luck!

Amber smile

B

E

S

T

C

H

A

R

A

C

T

E

R

Quote #1
She stood awkwardly and outstretched her hand eagerly. “Hi. It’s nice to meet you. I’ve read most your work.”

Quote #2
It was Ellen who had been the first to notice something amiss.

Quote #3
“Sheriff, this man,” he pointed to the intruder, “broke in here and several other businesses to rob them. We found Miss Maisie tied up and he was threatening her with a knife.”

Quote #4
“I’m afraid I understand where you’re coming from, Barry, only too well, but I think I have a proposition that will help us both out. You need a job, and I just happen to have a need for a Superman impersonator. But not just any stand-in; I need the best.”

Quote #5
“Not good,” Lois said, taking a shaky breath. “Just…when you go in there…be prepared. He…he’s in bad shape.”

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Excerpt #1
He smiled at the young woman who was curiously staring at Clark’s receding back. “If that man wasn’t… the, uh, best reporter I’ve got…” Perry froze and looked into the woman’s hopeful face. A feeling of deja vu washed over him, and something clicked in his mind as he watched her expression.

Excerpt #2
As was her wont, Lois approached such an uncomfortable conversation with a frontal attack. “So, he’s a little different than his brother; ‘different’ doesn’t mean ‘bad.’ You always have to have something to complain about. Can’t you just be happy for me that I have a wonderful family? Are you so jealous that you have to infect me with your worries?”

Excerpt #3
Hattie nudged him and said, “What has you so distracted? I’ve asked you two questions and you didn’t even acknowledge either one.”
“Sorry Hattie, I was thinking about the report cards we are getting at the end of the day. I hope I got good grades.”
Hattie started to chuckle, “You can’t miss! We’ve been studying together, haven’t we? I guarantee you did well.”

Excerpt #4
“Well, Clark, old man, your execution is the hit of the airwaves. I dare say it’s virtually the only thing that LNN has been running since the tape was delivered to them this afternoon. It’s caused quite a stir among the populace. I think my reputation has received quite a boost.”
Clark raised his head and tried to focus on his tormentor. “Why? Why kill that poor man instead of me?”

Excerpt #5
“I’m sorry that I wasn’t here when you went in,” Clark apologized.
Lois shook her head. “You had things to do.” She absently made the familiar flying gesture with her hand. “Besides, I’m kind of glad that I got some time alone with him. You should go in though. He was wide awake when I was in there, but I don’t know how powerful the drugs are that he’s on.”

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e

top section quote
number 3 - My Halloween in Smallville it is Jon Kent - Kam-El talking.

Sorry, I replied to the wrong post

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard