Joy,
Lynn

#168486 01/28/13 07:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tricia,

I sent you a PM but just to follow up:

Hi Tricia,

Perhaps I am off base and a lot of my stories are not eligible, but I checked the list and a number of my stories are missing.

You should have the following, (They were all posted in 2013 although not all have hit the archive as yet and one I started posting will be finished this week.):

Lois Lane - Mother of Utopia - Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1 (Canon/next gen)
Lois Lane - Mother of Utopia – The Early Years (A Christmas Story) Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1A (Canon/next gen)
Hurricane – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1B (Next Gen)
Summer Camp – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1C (Next Gen)
After Summer Camp – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1C-A (Next Gen)
Halloween in Smallville – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1C-B (Next Gen)
First Love the series – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1D-L (Next Gen)
Hattie Kaplin – Reporter Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1C-N (Next Gen)
Borrowed Time – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 2 (Canon/next gen)
Clark and Lois – The Lost Years – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 3 (Alt universe)
Clark and Lois – Despair to Hope – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 4 (Alt universe)
Clark and Lois – Hope Realized – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 5 (Alt universe) finishing this week.

Lois Lane – Mother of Utopia and Lois Lane MOU The Early Years were combined into one story for the archive.
First Love the series – MMC 1D-L consisted of 9 stories posted individually but edited into a single story for the archive.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#168487 01/28/13 10:37 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
To be eligible, a story must have been posted somewhere online, complete, by December 31st 2012, Ken. It doesn't have to be on the Archive.

Hope that helps you work out which of your stories are eligible. thumbsup

LabRat :-)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#168488 01/28/13 07:31 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thasnks Labby and Yes, that clarifies it.

Tricia,

I just thought of another short I posted toward the end of December - Aurora Borialis.

Not to be confused with the expanded version now being posted.

kj
#168489 01/28/13 07:44 PM
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Can I get The Choices of Others added to the list as well as being a new author. Thank you.

"You're better at this than I thought," she told him.
"At what?" Clark looked up at her quizzically.
"Dissembling."
"You didn't think I could lie?"
~ Sue s. FB
#168490 01/29/13 06:24 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Tricia,

I know I'm being a pain in the tukus but there are still some of my stories missing from your master list. All were posted in 2012.

After Summer Camp – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1C-A (Next Gen)

The First Love Series – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 1D-L (Next Gen)

Clark and Lois – The Lost Years – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 3 (Alt universe)

and

Clark and Lois – Despair to Hope – Matchmaker Chronicles Volume 4 (Alt universe)

The First Love Series – MMC 1D-L consisted of 9 stories posted individually but edited into a single story for the archive.

kj
#168491 01/30/13 05:01 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I can't believe it's that time of year again. Wow, this last one went fast! I'm doubly excited because, for the first time in about four or five years, I'm actually NOT going to be out of town over the Kerths. So I'll actually get to hang out with everyone! smile1

But, I digress. What I meant to do here was formally ask that "Worth The Risk" and "High Tide" be added to the eligibility list. They were posted here on the boards, but RL got in the way of getting them to the archive in a timely fashion. confused

My thanks to Virginia and Andreia for remembering me. smile

ETA: Tricia, I converted these to plain text documents they came out as 43K for "Worth The Risk" and 24K for "High Tide". smile

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#168492 01/30/13 06:43 PM
T
TriciaW Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
smile1 Sue, your stories have been added.

Tricia cool

#168493 01/31/13 01:43 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks, Tricia!

It makes me smile to see the bouncy happy face ( smile1 ) each time you add stories to the list. That kind of excitement is contagious. jump

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
#168494 01/31/13 05:22 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The 'stories added' list makes me somewhat sad. So many stories never submitted to the Archive last year...

It seems that each year that passes that gap gets larger. It's making me nostalgic for the days when it was a rare thing indeed for a posted story not to be submitted and when stories added to the basic Kerth list provided by the Archive numbered just the occasional extra one or two.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.

The Musketeers
#168495 01/31/13 06:30 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I didn't even realize I'd written a story last year. Please add the Tide to the eligables list.

#168496 01/31/13 06:34 PM
T
TriciaW Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
The Tide is now added. smile1

Tricia cool

#168497 01/31/13 11:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LabRat:
The 'stories added' list makes me somewhat sad. So many stories never submitted to the Archive last year...

It seems that each year that passes that gap gets larger. It's making me nostalgic for the days when it was a rare thing indeed for a posted story not to be submitted and when stories added to the basic Kerth list provided by the Archive numbered just the occasional extra one or two.

Couldn't it be the opposite - all the stories posted on the boards be submitted automatically to the Archive and just don't be submitted when the author requests it? It seems most stories that aren't submitted is because the authors forget to submit it. sad Just my two cents.

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#168498 01/31/13 11:54 PM
Kerth
Kerth
In some cases, it would be that the author forgets, but in other cases, it's a matter of time. If an author moves on to another story quite quickly, time taken to edit a previous story slows the progress of the new story. This is particularly true of long stories.

As for having them automatically submitted, I like to edit my stories a final time before submission, so it wouldn't work for me, but some authors might like having that as an option.

I think another factor in delaying submission is the confusion over what constitutes a sequel and what is essentially one story, although it might be written in two or more parts. My current story will have a sequel, therefore neither will get to the archive until both are finished.

Corrina.

#168499 02/01/13 03:41 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
We've always taken the view that it's a fundamental right of the author to decide where their story is posted. Even more so because we insist on passing them to a GE before they are uploaded to the Archive rather than allow authors to upload them direct as most other archives do.

So automatic upload would result either in editing changes being made to a story without the author's permission or abandoning the GE process before upload. Neither of which would be acceptable.

And of course there are many reasons for not submitting - but can it really be that authors today are more forgetful, busy or confused than their counterparts of a few years ago? Seems unlikely! laugh

If the Archive isn't as important to authors today then it's not an issue. But if it is still valuable then I'd simply ask that you take a moment to find the time to submit or you may find it's a lost resource. We can't exist without your support and submissions.

Which seems an opportune time to say that any of the stories above that haven't yet been submitted would be welcome now.That upload queue is looking sparse. wink

The Musketeers
#168500 02/03/13 02:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You're right, Labby. It is sad. For years that's where I did my fanfic reading and only looked at the boards for other stuff. I rarely even logged in and thus don't even remember what I called myself back then (before the split). I can't do it tonight, but I'll try to get Cold Lake to you this week!

I wouldn't want the stories to go to the archive without a GE either. While I've GE'd some stories that were absolutely or nearly perfect, I can think of a couple that were nightmares and can't imagine that anyone would have read them without them going through a GE first. (Neither story I'm thinking of was posted on this board. Or the other either, I think. So there are stories there that have never been seen here.)

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#168501 02/03/13 02:59 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I know that the answer for me not getting "Nighttime in the Daytime" into the Archive is time. There are changes I want to make for the archived story and my life is too full to get it done. I suspect other authors are that way too.
As for the discussion of Archive vs. fanfiction.net, I agree with the others. It is chaotic to find things.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#168502 02/03/13 05:16 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by LabRat:

If the Archive isn't as important to authors today then it's not an issue. But if it is still valuable then I'd simply ask that you take a moment to find the time to submit or you may find it's a lost resource. We can't exist without your support and submissions.

Sorry, Tricia, we've got off track a bit.

LabRat - I think your statement above is pertinent.

I think the archive is extremely valuable. It is precisely because I value the archive that I'm not prepared to submit stories that could be improved with a final edit. That final edit takes much longer than a moment. I still haven't submitted 'Aussie Rules'. Going by previous stories, I estimate that my final edit will take between twenty and thirty hours. I've started a couple of times, but RL or other stories have got in the way. I want to read it all in less than a week, so I don't lose the flow.

I think all writers understand that their support is needed to maintain the archive. I appreciate your gentle prods and the way you continually bring the archive to our attention.

Corrina.

#168503 02/21/13 07:29 PM
T
TriciaW Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
smile1 I have added Back to the Planet by Pat (angelsgmaw).

Tricia cool

#168504 02/24/13 05:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Labrat

I don't think I've ever seen Stranger in Our Midst on anything.

Is it possible to add it to the list?

Just a thought.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard