Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Kerth
Kerth
I do remember Lois reading or translating the German headline of a newspaper, too. (I think she translated it, though., but I don't remember either the episode or the pic. I think it was posted in an old German LnC forum...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I don't remember that! It must have been article on Superman. [Big Grin] Didn't she picked up a French paper (maybe it was German) at the news-stand during "Vatman"? (or while she was hiding from Linda King in "The Rival"), but I thought she was only hiding or looking at the photo of Superman. Does anyone remember this?
Thanks for the hint. The right episode is Vatman. Lois skims through some Spanish and French newspapers to finally pick up a German paper, which she seems to read until Clark arrives.

The pictures are here

Lois and Clark Archive

Lois with German newspaper

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Kerth
Kerth
In canon we do know that she doesn't read Chinese - it's in the first or second episode, when she complains about a fortune cookie Clark translates.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I agree with just about everyone's comments. She traveled as an exchange student to Ireland and was flummoxed by any foreign language.

Mrs. Luthor - The languages in the Congo are French, English and dialects of the Bantu language. Bantu is in the same language family as Swahili and so is similar enough that one speaking either will understand. I use that in my Matchmaker set.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard