Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
See question.

Hi, everyone! I'm new, and a big Clois fan, here!

So, getting back to the fic, I'm not going to be doing the fic in a humorous/shocking/surprising kind of way, as I've seen some fanfic-ers do. Planning to do something totally different in regards to narrative. Using GB!Clark's/Claire's point of view, for this one. wink

Just switching their genders around: Louis for Lois, and Claire for Clark... I want to do it based off of an episode filled with drama and Clois and Superman/Superma'am interaction where Lois either does know about Clark's big secret, or that she's "in" on it . Any great episodes that you think would fit the bill, folks? wink

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I think that would be interesting! smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here's the old thread to this:
http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000544

And yes! hyper

wave Michael

PS: You don't mean Clone-Lois, right? wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Here's the old thread to this:
http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=000544

And yes! hyper

wave Michael

PS: You don't mean Clone-Lois, right? wink
Thanks for the link!!! laugh

Much appreciated!!!

Thinking of doing some episode in-between the second, third, and fourth seasons....

And nope. No clones...yet. wink

E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
Okay, I found out a few episode that interest me: "Operation Blackout", "Pheromone My Lovely", "And The Answer Is....", And This scene where Lex shoots Clark with an Atomizer ...

Or, I'll just make one up where Louis is wondering where Claire keeps running off too, after she leaves, and strokes his chin, before she goes, abruptly. Then he gets smarmy when she comes back, then ticked.....

Yep, possibly that last one may work out well...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by ealperin:
Or, I'll just make one up where Louis is wondering where Claire keeps running off too, after she leaves, and strokes his chin, before she goes, abruptly. Then he gets smarmy when she comes back, then ticked.....
Well there's "Target Jimmy Olsen" where he's always disappearing, "And the Answer is..." where Lois starts to tail after Clark...

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the link!!! laugh

Much appreciated!!!
You're welcome!
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] Or, I'll just make one up where Louis is wondering where Claire keeps running off too, after she leaves, and strokes his chin, before she goes, abruptly. Then he gets smarmy when she comes back, then ticked.....
Well there's "Target Jimmy Olsen" where he's always disappearing, "And the Answer is..." where Lois starts to tail after Clark... [/b]
Hmmmm... Interesting... smile

"And The Answer Is.." is a very good episode!!! So's "We Have A Lot To Talk About..."

I wonder if I can mash those together.... smile

E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
[b]Thanks for the link!!! laugh

Much appreciated!!!
You're welcome!
wave Michael [/b]
Thanks, again.... wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It would be great to see this. A couple of us have one in the works but it's lagging.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'd love to read it! I read some of the genderbend fics we have on the archive and I enjoyed it a lot. It would be great to get a new one! hyper

It's great to welcome a new writer on the boards! The more, the merrier! [Linked Image]

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
Originally posted by Classicalla:
It would be great to see this. A couple of us have one in the works but it's lagging.
I'll try to crank something out, soon! At the moment, I've got some essays to finish. One, in fact, on Teri's Lois. The other, on the central character in "Supergirl: The Movie"...

This should be interesting to see... wink :rollseyes:

E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
I'd love to read it! I read some of the genderbend fics we have on the archive and I enjoyed it a lot. It would be great to get a new one! hyper

It's great to welcome a new writer on the boards! The more, the merrier! [Linked Image]

Andreia
Hi, there! Thanks for the warm welcome!!! Can't wait to crank this baby out! smile Going to use first person narrative for this, from Claire's P.O.V. Just had an epiphany in the last genderbend thread where this person just blew my mind away...Pure. Brilliance.

Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
Something I've been thinking about (way back then) is the following scenario:
Although Louis is pretty smitten with Superwoman, he would never admit it freely. After all, a super-strong, invulnerable, better-than-everyone woman is not considered cool by most of his male peers. So, he resorts to making off-handed comments about her looks or other attributes. (I imagine that especially the nickname "Maid of Steel" won't sit well with Claire, if only because it hits too close to home.)
^Just. FRAKING. Brilliant!!! BRILLIANT, I tell you!!!
notworthy

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Looking forward to seeing this on the boards! It's been too long since one of those came along wave Michael

E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
Looking forward to seeing this on the boards! It's been too long since one of those came along wave Michael
Thanks! That's what I keep hearing around these parts!!! Can't wait to take a crack at it. By the way, Claire will not, I repeat, will not be wearing a wig when she changes from Claire to Superwoman. wink

Here's a snippet, from my own remake of the beginning of the episode "And The Answer Is..." Enjoy!!!:

I walk up to the door of your apartment and knock.

I didn't need superhearing to hear you holler, "Hold on!", from your bathroom.

I x-ray through the door, and see you shaving, with only a towel around your buff waist.

You check yourself in the mirror, wipe your chin clean, stealthily tiptoe to the door unlock it, then scurry back into the bathroom, leaving the door open, as I walk in uneasily.

"Louis?"

"I'll be out in a minute. You're a little early."

"I know... It's just-There's something I want to talk to you about-"

I hear the hair dryer kick on, as you say, "I can't hear you! Hold on, I'll be out in a minute."

I take my time, walking around your living room, picking up a photo with us at The Kerths, my fingers gently tracing your tuxedo-clad outline, in the photo.

It isn't easy to say what I'm about to say to you, Louis, and I'm, actually, feeling uneasy about your reaction to it.

"Hey, where are we going for breakfast?" You ask from the bathroom, whose door is ajar, now.

"I thought we'd try Callards." I say, absently, my baby blue eyes lingering on your happy brown ones, in the photo.

"Great, Rao...Why does this have to be so difficult for me?" I murmur to myself.

"What?! I can't hear you!" You say. Your voice inflicting an octave. An exact octave.

I smile, shake my head, and put the photo down.

The memories of your first sighting of me, as Superwoman, flood through me.

Saving you from a military rocket, that managed to pop out a missile, plunging to earth, wasn't easy enough.

I still remember your facial reaction of me when I first saved you, Louis. It was a mixture of surprise, thankfulness, and amazement, which was written all over your face, during my arrival.

When you, somehow, managed to climb onto a military rocket, it took guts to do that, Louis. To bring me out in the open like that, as I, still hovering in midair, was flying after you, during your "unexpected" trajectory, was one I'll never forget, Louis.

The same goes for your reaction, after I had peeled you off it, and placed you on that rooftop, as a shocked look came across your face, was another one that I'll never forget, Louis.

So was trying to hide my secret from Trask, lie detector or not.

Flying after the missile, not rocket, was another story.

It was easy to do your first interview, Louis, and, come to think of it, I can't help but feel... vulnerable. Human, around you[; worried about your reaction to this, one of the biggest scoops of your career.

So why do it, Claire? Why keep it a secret after all these years, when you could've told me? Why now?

The answer, itself, isn't an easy one, Louis, it never really was; To keep me from hurting inside. For my protection. To keep me from losing you.

But today's [i]different

Today I'm going to tell you everything, Louis.[/i]

I look at the Kerths photo, again, for a minute, paused, then murmured to it, "Louis...I have something to tell you...I'm Superwoman."

That wasn't a good try.

"Louis? Have you ever noticed how much I look like Superwoman? Well, it's funny, because..."

I take off my eyeglasses, imagining what your response would be in this situation, again, and I sigh.

Truth of the matter is, Louis, I'm frustrated with myself for leaving you out in the dark, where you should've been with me, in the light.

My eyes linger towards you.

I x-ray you in bathroom, again, seeing you thread a comb through your hair, then, switching it off with a blink, back at the photo.

No. Not good either.

"Hey! Guess what? I'm Superwoman."

Nah. Third time's the charm, I guess.

I sigh, thinking this through, yet, again, "Louis, I've been eating to tell you this for a while, now...Before we go any further Into this relationship, you have to know that-"

"Claire? What are you doing?"

For the first time, I'm the one startled; I jam my eyeglasses back on, and look at you dress shirt on, tousled hair, and all.

You're at the edge of the bathroom, with a quizzical look on your face, powered hair dryer in hand, which you quickly flip off with a flick of your thumb.

"I... I've got something to tell you..."

I see you unplug the hair dryer absently, carrying it with you to the couch. Your hair, both tousled and windswept from the hair dryer, fell into folds onto your forehead.

"It's not good news, is it."

"Well, I don't know.Maybe." I murmur, softly, to you.

You look at me, concern tugging on your brow, "No, Its not. I can tell by the look on your face."

"Maybe you'd better sit down." I say, gesturing to the nearest couch cushion.

"Oh yeah. This is good news." You deadpan.

I resist the urge to glare at you, and, instead, sit next to you, calmly.

I'm nervous inside Louis, really, but, somehow, I manage to repress it, if only for a little while, at the moment.

Your eyes strike me, every time, Louis. Every. Single. Time.

I should really thank the person who said, "windows are the eyes to the soul.", because, it's so true, with you.. Your piercing gaze always says something to me, even when you don't say a word.

How calm and worried, they look, now, Louis; how calm you look.

I'm tempted to stroke your cheek, again, when you worry, like I do every time to you, as Superwoman.[/I]

My hands find their way of my pants pockets, hovering outside them, for a moment.

No, I can't. Not now.

Then, just as quickly, they fall back in.

I let out a slow, calming breath. Inwardly, I correct myself; making sure I don't use my superbreath on you by mistake.

"You know how you always complain that I run out on you, just when we're starting to talk about something important?"

"Yeah, I recall mentioning it once or twice." You lean back on the couch, arms folded.

"Well... There's a reason for that-" I paused, looking at you, "And, it has nothing to do with my fear of intimacy, or being afraid, or falling in love and things like that-"

I see you wait for a beat. A worried look registering on your face.

"Louis... I might as well say this honestly and simply..."

I take a deep breath.

It's now or never, Claire.

"I'm Super-"

Your phone rings, but you ignore it, relieving me, even if it's for just a minute.

It continues ringing, and I lean over to you and say, "Maybe you should answer that."

You sigh, annoyed at the communicational device for disturbing this conversation, but you're polite about it and nod.

You get up, and your quick stride says otherwise, but you hold that annoyance in, from years of being tough, snatching the phone from it's cradle.

"Hello?"

You pause, looking at me.

"Yes, she's here." You extend the phone to me.

"Who else knows I'm here?" I say to you, taking the phone from you.

But you don't say a word.

"Hello?"

A woman. Her voice steady and calm, replies, "We know everything about you, Ms. Kent. Or should I say... Superwoman."

I try to hide my reaction from you, turning away, towards the the wall full of your awards, as a distraction.

"I'm listening," My voice taking a hardened tone that you have never heard me in, my grip on the phone, tightened.

It's a deadly serious one, one that warrants my full attention, that you've only seen me do, as Superwoman.

The woman continues, "If you don't want the world to know your secret, go to a dumpster behind the Planet. You'll find an envelope with your name on it."

The line goes dead, and I, loosen my vice-like grip, shakily, setting the phone back into it's cradle.

"Who was it?" You ask, eyebrow perked.

"Huh? Oh...my hair dresser." I say, softly, still in shock.

"Your hair dresser?"

I know what you're thinking, Louis. It's another one of those lame "Cheese-Of-The-Month" lines that I've been so quick to adapt to, right?

[iII'm sorry, Louis, but, here's another one.[/i]

My last one, I promise; then the truth will be out, in the open, between you and me, and that's if I get to that dumpster in time.

"Yeah. I'm confirming my appointment. Look, Louis, I've really got to go." I say a little too quickly to you.

I see you furrow your brow, "Hold up. You were about to say something to me."

"I was?" I ask you, quizzically.

"Yeah. You said Louis, I'm super.'"

"Oh, right, right. I'm super-" I pause to look at my watch, for effect, then back at you,"Late for my haircut!"

I start to rise, "And I'm really sorry, but, I can't go to breakfast with you."

I see your shoulders slump, your eyes piercing at me, giving that infamous Mad Dog Lane glare, that I know all too well.

I backpedal to the door.

"But I'll see you at the office. Maybe we can have lunch, 'kay?"

You look perplexed as I open the door.

Silence fills the room, for a minute, and it just pains me to see you so... heartbroken.

I slam it shut.

I'm so sorry about this Louis, but, I had to leave you behind.

"Claire!"

]Your voice, again, haunts me, like the craving for your touch does; I know that one, all too well. It's tinged with worry. Fear. Uncertainty.

I quickly backpedal, again, then turn, running down the hallway.

I'm so sorry. So very sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise, Louis.

As soon as I get up and out of range of the building, I lower my gaze, using my super hearing and x-ray vision to see how you're holding up.

I see you, frustrated, looking at the blow dryer with a scowl on.

I'm sorry, Louis. I had to.

You pick up the blow dryer, aiming it like a gun, at the bathroom door.

"Bang."

E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
The previous post is a "bare bones" draft. I'm planning to put in more descriptions on Claire and what goes on in her head as she's thinking about letting Louis in on her secret...

UPDATE: the previous post has been edited to my liking, and yes, there IS dialogue FROM the episode, here, directly.

May need help switching that out and finding the right words to put in, here. :-/

Credit given where credit is due: to the writers, cast, and crew making this episode possible. But, mainly, to the writers and fans, because without you, folks, there would be no show.

Hope you like it, so far!

Ugh! Dumb italics!!!

Note to readers: All of Claire's thought speeches that are geared directly towards Louis with the secondary P.O.V. of "you", are the one's that are supposed to be italicized.

I'm kind of rusty when it comes to gestures, in general, and figuring out how the characters would do them.

Dialogue comes out well, with me, though. smile

I really have to give Sue S. a big kudos because her fics are just AMAZING, and I can only wish to write the way she does with "Flying Lessons" and "Brake Light Confessional".

smile

E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
Now to think of a title for this... "Unmasked"? "Touch"? Anyone was to help title it?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Ugh! Dumb italics!!!

Note to readers: All of Claire's thought speeches that are geared directly towards Louis with the secondary P.O.V. of "you", are the one's that are supposed to be italicized.
I believe you are missing your end italics marker after this line:

Today I'm going to tell you everything, Louis.
And it looks like you're missing your end bracket here:

Your eyes strike me, everytime, Louis. Every. Single. Time.[/I
You move back from thought to action after this line, so you need an ending italics marker here:

I'm tempted to stroke your cheek, again, when you worry, like I do everytime to you, as Superwoman.
Working with italics in this format takes some practice (I should know the amount of italics I use in my stories :rolleyes: ). Just before you post make sure to double check your work by reviewing it in "Preview" mode. I'll be interested to read your story once you start posting it. It looks like you've changed everyone not just Lois & Clark (Does that mean Lex is Alexa now?! Hee hee)

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]
Ugh! Dumb italics!!!

I believe you are missing your end italics marker after this line:

Today I'm going to tell you everything, Louis.
And it looks like you're missing your end bracket here:

Your eyes strike me, everytime, Louis. Every. Single. Time.[/I
You move back from thought to action after this line, so you need an ending italics marker here:

I'm tempted to stroke your cheek, again, when you worry, like I do everytime to you, as Superwoman.
Working with italics in this format takes some practice (I should know the amount of italics I use in my stories :rolleyes: ). Just before you post make sure to double check your work by reviewing it in "Preview" mode. I'll be interested to read your story once you start posting it. It looks like you've changed everyone not just Lois & Clark (Does that mean Lex is Alexa now?! Hee hee) [/b]
Thanks for the help!! I'll try that out later in the day! wink

And yes, Lex is now Alexa, nicknamed "Lex"

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And yes, Lex is now Alexa, nicknamed "Lex"
Why do I see a catfight in Claire's future? wink

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard