E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
So? Good intro, so far, anyone? wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I like the whole Louis on the missle flashback scene. It was different and something I could definitely picture. laugh

One note: I doubt Claire goes to a barber. I'd change that to a hairdresser. wink

Does Louis look like Clark and Claire look like Lois or just masculinized and feminized versions of themselves?

I think this would be interesting story if not all the characters changed genders. If Martha and Jonathan were themselves, Perry, Jimmy, and Trask were themselves. I don't know about Cat. A TomCat would probably be thrown out the window by Louis before the end of the third episode. wink An Ellen and Sam that had switched would be an interesting twist, where the mom was never around because she was off having affairs and working too hard and the nurse dad ended up being the alcoholic raising the boys on his own, just saying.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I like the whole Louis on the missle flashback scene. It was different and something I could definitely picture. laugh

One note: I doubt Claire goes to a barber. I'd change that to a hairdresser. wink

Does Louis look like Clark and Claire look like Lois or just masculinized and feminized versions of themselves?

I think this would be interesting story if not all the characters changed genders. If Martha and Jonathan were themselves, Perry, Jimmy, and Trask were themselves. I don't know about Cat. A TomCat would probably be thrown out the window by Louis before the end of the third episode. wink An Ellen and Sam that had switched would be an interesting twist, where the mom was never around because she was off having affairs and working too hard and the nurse dad ended up being the alcoholic raising the boys on his own, just saying.
Thanks! Noted! Will change the grammar to that bit. laugh This Clois is Clark feminized/genderbent and Lois masculinized/genderbent. Funnily enough, I almost thought of switching everyone's genders around not only these two. Martha would've been Marty and Joseph would've been Josephine... But... I'll see what I can do about what you're suggesting, here!

Thanks for the tips!!! smile

E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E

And fixed!!! Gonna try out your sugesstions over the week and see what I can come up with on Ellen and Sam...and the rest of the cast... wink

E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
Hi all!

Just droping by & letting you all know that I will finish up this great snippet,&, of course tweak the grammar errors, above, once I've got some free time on my hands, in the coming weeks. wink

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Glad to hear you didn't fall off the side of the Earth. Looking forward to seeing what new stuff you have to add to this.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
Glad to hear you didn't fall off the side of the Earth. Looking forward to seeing what new stuff you have to add to this.
XD
Thanks!

All I need to do is two papers for my courses, then look up the episode trascripts from these two episodes...

Things should get pretty interesting, from there, If you all remember what happened in those two well written episodes. laugh

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
There is another reason for having the wig. In one comic situation where Lois used a computer to figure out what would happen if she had come from Krypton instead of Superman, she used a black wig to hide her black hair.

However, since Clark Kent did the "cut your hair to see if you are Kryptongirl" test, it actually helped to have a wig.

Fortuantly for Clark in L&C, Diana Stride never came up with an idea like trying to cut his hair, since as we saw in "Chip off the Old Clark" even a single strand of his hair can break scissors.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I guess it works Claire going to Louis' apartment, but normally it would be the other way around.

Hmm, although which one has the car? Also, is Tempus still male?

John Pack Lambert
E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I guess it works Claire going to Louis' apartment, but normally it would be the other way around.

Hmm, although which one has the car? Also, is Tempus still male?
I would think that they both would have cars.

Tempus? I, actually, haven't gotten up to that part, in the story! If you all want to read what i have, so far, it's still the last, & updated, version, up here. Check out the previous long post. It's a few posts above, here. Interesting thought, though!

I may plan that! wink

I just downloaded the episodes, to guide me through the process.

I, also, downloaded the episodes "Seconds", "Sex, Lies, & Videotape", & "Ultra Woman", as well. Yay me! ^___^.

I should be able to update this, within the week, or so, after I get my new eyeglasses. I need to set out time for this. Should be fun! wink

E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
There is another reason for having the wig. In one comic situation where Lois used a computer to figure out what would happen if she had come from Krypton instead of Superman, she used a black wig to hide her black hair.

However, since Clark Kent did the "cut your hair to see if you are Kryptongirl" test, it actually helped to have a wig.

Fortuantly for Clark in L&C, Diana Stride never came up with an idea like trying to cut his hair, since as we saw in "Chip off the Old Clark" even a single strand of his hair can break scissors.
^___^.

Well, in this story, she doesn't wear a wig, but, she DOES laser-vision her hair cut, with the use of mirrors. wink

Look at one of the deleted scenes in Supergirl: The Movie to see how that worked. wink

Wasn't there an instance in the series where he laser-visioned his 5 o'clock shadow?

Kerth
Kerth
You know, you might consider some other things. Like nail lenght - Claire could wear her nails very long without having to worry about hangnails. :p

Personally, I don't think Claire has any use for a car - flying is much quicker than big city rush hour traffic any day of the week, anyway. And if she has to be seen using a car, there's always a cab.

Oh, and I can so see Superwoman threaten her reporter colleagues with "no interviews, no quotes, nothing" if they dare to call her Supergirl. laugh (Maybe half the reporters call her Supergirl at first, but have to reconsider? Or maybe Louis comes up with Supergirl, only to be told not to use it?)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading this story.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I would think that they both would have cars.
I guess that works. However in canon only Lois has a car, and I don't think even she does in Season 1, although the DP has cars they borrow on occasion, and then Lois borrows a car from Luthor.

Tempus? I, actually, haven't gotten up to that part, in the story! If you all want to read what i have, so fat, it's still the last, & updated, version, up here. Check out the previous long post. It's a few posts above, here. Interesting thought, though!

I may plan that! wink
Since the info on Ms. Kent's identity is provided by Tempus' journal, I figured his identity would come up in the episode. Although not neccesarily much more than the name, so it probably would work to be just vague about Tempus.

I just downloaded the episodes, to guide me through the process.

I, also, downloaded the episodes "Seconds", "Sex, Lies, & Videotape", & "Ultra Woman", as well. Yay me! ^___^.

I should be able to update this, within the week, or so, after I get my new eyeglasses. I need to set out time for this. Should be fun! wink [/QB][/QUOTE]

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Lara Joelle Kent:
You know, you might consider some other things. Like nail lenght - Claire could wear her nails very long without having to worry about hangnails. :p

Personally, I don't think Claire has any use for a car - flying is much quicker than big city rush hour traffic any day of the week, anyway. And if she has to be seen using a car, there's always a cab.

Oh, and I can so see Superwoman threaten her reporter colleagues with "no interviews, no quotes, nothing" if they dare to call her Supergirl. laugh (Maybe half the reporters call her Supergirl at first, but have to reconsider? Or maybe Louis comes up with Supergirl, only to be told not to use it?)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to reading this story.
I can just see that scene.

Louis has just been flown into the DP from his hair-brain attempt to get on the Space station which nearly resulted in his being killed by a bomb, which the new heroine swalled. Carter Grant comes up to him and asks

"What does the S stand for"

Louis thinks for a bit and says "Supergirl".

Claire has just returned to the office and turns on Louis in fury. "Supergirl, you are such a chavanist pig Louis. She is a grown woman, and she saved your life and the lives of the 100 other people on that transport. And you have the audacity to call her Supergirl."

"OK, Claire, chill out" Louis responds "Will call her Superwoman. Will that make you happy."

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Louis has just been flown into the DP from his hair-brain attempt to get on the Space station which nearly resulted in his being killed by a bomb, which the new heroine swalled. Carter Grant comes up to him and asks

Claire has just returned to the office and turns on Louis in fury. "Supergirl, you are such a chavanist pig Louis. She is a grown woman, and she saved your life and the lives of the 100 other people on that transport. And you have the audacity to call her Supergirl."

"OK, Claire, chill out" Louis responds "Will call her Superwoman. Will that make you happy."
clap

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Well, there is potential for a lot of fun. laugh

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
E
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
E
[b] Louis has just been flown into the DP from his hair-brain attempt to get on the Space station which nearly resulted in his being killed by a bomb, which the new heroine swallowed. Carter Grant comes up to him and asks

clap [/b]
^BRILLIANT!^

I'm just going to tweak this a bit, hold on:

"...Louis has just been flown into the DP from his hare-brained attempt to get on the space station which nearly resulted in his being killed by a bomb, which the new heroine has swallowed.

Carter Grant comes up to him and asks, "So, what does the big S stand for?"

Louis thinks for a bit and says "Supergirl.".

As I hear this from you, I walk back into the office glaring, at the both of you.

"Supergirl?! Really? You're such a chavanist pig, Louis! She is a grown woman! Besides, she just saved your life and the lives of the 100 other people on that transport. And you have the audacity to call her Supergirl"

"OK, Claire! Jeez! Chill out, why don't you?" Louis responds "I'll call her Superwoman. Will that make you happy?"

"Very."

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard