Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#167642 05/06/12 01:40 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Actually it pre-dates Lois and Clark - Bartholemew is given as his middle name in the Superman sourcebook for the DC Heroes role playing game in 1987, and I suspect was comics canon much earlier.
If we wish to go outside the L&C-verse, the name can be trace back at least to 1955's Action Comics #203 (at least, according to the
Supermanica web page).

Joy,
Lynn

#167643 05/15/12 04:26 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
About where Jimmy's mom lives, to me "Let's meet in Vegas" implies that neither of them actually lives there. His mom is not inviting him home for Christmas, but to have a Christmas vacation together.

FWIW,

Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
#167644 05/16/12 02:24 PM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Wow Bob!

He is a cutie. He is almost as cute as S1 Jimmy, Michael Landes.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#167645 09/26/12 09:32 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know I saw this mentioned in another thread but, for the life of me, couldn't find it.

Was the first time Jimmy and Superman meet (that we see) in PML when Superman rescues Jimmy from his bad judgement for stepping in front of the truck when the model tells him 'no'?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#167646 09/27/12 03:47 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I always assumed his Mom was going on vacation to Vegas and wanted Jimmy to come to, but the line is ambiguous enough that it could indicate she lives there.

On Jimmy and Superman meeting, he is there snapping pictures as Superman flies Lois to her desk (after a flight where they did not talk, but I guess Lois is not paying attention to such clues) but I guess that is not meeting. He has the Superman call watch in GGGoH, but it is Clark, not Superman, who tells him to turn it off. One of the very common opening credits scenes is of Lois and Jimmy being flown through the air from the pilot, but the is before Superman is invented and Clark is able to convince Lois it is a result of being pushed by the explosion. So, I think the rescuing Jimmy from being hit by the truck might be the first time when Superman and Jimmy actually interact. Clark hears his second use of the watch, but does not make it to him, either as Clark or as Superman.

John Pack Lambert
#167647 09/27/12 05:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
So, I think the rescuing Jimmy from being hit by the truck might be the first time when Superman and Jimmy actually interact.
That's what I thought too. Thanks.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard