Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Did the Kerth awards only have to do with investigative reporting.

I dimly remember Merriwhether awards. What were they for?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There was very little information about the Merriwether Award in the show, but maybe this link can give you some insight.

Some information about Lois's Kerths: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=000728#000000

And Kerth and Pulitzer: http://www.lcficmbs.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=001599#000000

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I, too, was wondering if there were other catagories for the Kerth than Investigative Reporting. Are the banquets only for the one Kerth award? That seems a bit much - and that must be SOME (long) acceptance speech! Can anyone guess what the other catagories might be? (besides best all-around FanFic, of course? wink )

Best gossip? (could Cat Grant actually get nominated for one of these?)
Best political scandal?
Best local story?
Best Obit?
Best science story?
Best sports reporting?
Best Photo? (this one I can believe)

Perhaps people with more journalism background can help me out here. Thanks.

According to that page on the Pulitizer, 21 prizes are given for that award. I found it interesting that Lois keeps striving for the Pulitzer when according to that site, individuals aren't named in reporting prizes only newspapers, while individuals "might" be cited.

And finally do newspaper reporters get invited to the Press Corps Dinner (the one where the president makes a funny speech)?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Well, we do know of people who have earned a Pulitzer, right? Like Ernest Hemingway. Even though he got it for fiction writing.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard