Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
*Spoiler Warning!* Before you attempt these quizzes, be warned that you may come across a secret...a dangerous secret. If you continue reading, you are agreeing to guard that secret. I'll give you a hint: Clark Kent is more than he seems to be. You'll have to figure out the rest on your own! wink

SPIFFY DISCLAIMER THINGY! All the stories featured in this quiz qualify for the Best Revelation, but this quiz is not a stamp of recommendation for nomination. There are other stories which qualify for this category, but this quiz only covers 7.

Recommendations for other eligible stories are *very* welcome and encouraged!

QUIZ RULES: Two points for getting the story and author from the quote; one point for getting it from the excerpt. Specify which is which, or you'll automatically get one point instead of two. Open hard drive and archive, *don't* forget to snip the excerpts in your replies, and don't forget the spoiler space when you post in the replies thread.

The DEADLINE for entries for this quiz is Saturday by 11:59 p.m.

More elaborate quiz instructions can be found here.

Please post your answers here.

Have fun!

B

E

S

T

R

E

V

E

L

A

T

I

O

N

Quote #1:
"I'll take that bet." Lois spoke with an even voice that sounded more confident than she really was.

Quote #2:
If he was going to tell me today, would he really be deterred from telling me because of an appointment with his barber? But then again that also seems like a ridiculous reason to skip our planned breakfast. Surely if he is running that late, he'd just call and cancel.

Quote #3:
These were all names that Lois Lane had been called over the years. Names that she had learned to ignore, to embrace even because she was a single, successful female. She just had never dated that many guys… partly because she had been so focused on her career, on winning her first Kerth… and then her second one… and then, trying to land the granddaddy of them all, the Pulitzer.

Quote #4:
“I can’t stop you from seeing Scardino if you want to. I won’t even try to stop you. It’s your right to go out with whoever you want. But I need to tell you a couple of things before you make your decision. And I have to ask you one thing. Then, whatever you decide, I’ll respect that. Fair deal?”

Quote #5:
"Once upon a time, many years ago, before any of you were born -- in fact, not very long after your Daddy and I first met -- he had a problem. You see, he had fallen in love with me and wanted to start dating me, but he didn't want to do so until he told me he was Spiderman, and..."

Quote #6:
In a flash of insight that comes too late, I realize that this whole thing—freezing Lois at the risk of her life—was utterly unnecessary. Or rather, utterly futile. Mazik already broke his word after I stole those diamonds for him. Whatever made me think, even for a moment, that he would keep his word about releasing my parents just because I brought him Lois’s body?

Quote #7:
“It’s not a trivial task. There are…issues. Certain…sacrifices. But it can be done. When you’re ready, you know where to find me.”

C

K

=

?

?

?

?

?

Excerpt #1:
Lois' gaze fell on Clark and she nearly burst out laughing. It was obvious that he had no idea what was going on. And it was possible that he wouldn't know because from the reaction of her co-workers it looked like this might be the first year that the bet wasn't made. That would be a shame. It was a fun tradition, but it did carry a heavy price for the loser.

Excerpt #2:
Still, I'm certain... well, fairly certain anyway, that when I walked into the room Clark was telling the picture of us that he's Superman. Plus when he started to tell me whatever it was he had to tell me, he did say, "I'm super..." Still, it's crazy, right? I mean, Clark isn't Superman. If he was, he would have told me long before now. Of course. He definitely would have.
But what if he didn't? What if he had kept it from me for some reason and was only going to tell me about it today? Was that really possible?

Excerpt #3:
Clark Kent had been a breath of fresh air in the newsroom.
Kind.
Generous.
Open.
Lois had softened just a bit, surprised and taken aback that this farm boy even seemed to respect her.
She had been certain though, that the poison around the newsroom would get to him too. That before long, even that sweet, Kansas boy would whisper around the water cooler those hateful words.
But he never did. That day never came for Clark.

Excerpt #4:
“Clark?” she called, as she reemerged from her bedroom. She couldn’t see him in the living room.
“In the kitchen,” he called.
Lois heard the whirr of her coffee maker kicking into action. The strong aroma of the drink began to fill the small apartment. She walked over to the doorway and leaned against the wall, watching Clark silently.
“I thought that maybe this required some coffee,” Clark said, his voice still apologetic. He moved with easy familiarity around her small kitchen, gathering mugs, spoons, sugar, and milk.
“Clark,” Lois said, but he cut her off.

Excerpt #5:
"Unknown to him, an imp named 'Myxy' from the fifth dimension was listening in. The imp suddenly appeared in the room and spoke to your now-startled father. 'Your request has been granted.'
"'What? Who are you? What are you talking about?'
"Myxy told Daddy his name, and then he vanished as suddenly as he had appeared.
"The next day, when Daddy arrived at the Daily Planet and saw me, he fell into a brief trance. He walked up to me and told me, right where everyone could hear, that he was Spiderman, and then he asked me out. As soon as he had finished his request, he snapped out of his trance and was horrified by what he had just done. But it was too late -- the cat was out of the bag. You can't let loose a bombshell like that in a newsroom and not have it published for all the world to know.

Excerpt #6:
The first thing I’m aware of is the shivering. My entire body is shaking and I have the worst case of the chills that I’ve ever experienced. Then I notice the sounds. There’s a steady beeping noise that seems vaguely familiar, and a rhythmic sort of swooshing that I don’t recognize. I try to roll over and curl up in a ball, but something pulls at me when I try to move. I want to open my eyes and look around. I don’t have the energy to manage it.
Finally, I hear a kind, concerned voice. I think it’s talking to me. “Lois? Lois, can you hear me?”
I frown. It’s a woman’s voice, not the one I wanted to hear. I try again to open my eyes, but it isn’t quite working.
“Clark?” I say. Or I try to. I’m not sure it’s loud enough.

Excerpt #7:
Had he already blown Lois’ ultimatum?
As if she’d read his thoughts, the older woman replied, “She didn’t believe you.”
Clark froze, feeling ill at ease.
“She was hurt that you didn’t return. She pretended she wasn’t but she didn’t fool me.”
He sighed.
“You know, there are ways.”
“What are you talking about?” Clark asked, with caution.
“To deal with your situation. Did you think you were the only visitor to this planet?”
That got his attention.
“Excuse me?”
“You’re not the only one. I know who you are. You have a powerful aura.”

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Sorry. Posted to the wrong thread. frown LabRat, please delete. Thanks.
- Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard