Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#166608 10/23/11 02:07 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by Shallowford:

• I had friends in high school in southern Indiana during the early 1980's and this is one thing that surprised me about schools in farming areas. When the spring hay was ready to be brought in the schools would take a few days off. I guess so many students would be absent that it made more sense to make it official and extend the school year by a few days than to have the low attendance.

Heh that reminds me of my second high school. The opening of deer season was a school holiday, since so many people hunted.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#166609 10/23/11 05:30 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Same here. My son had Thursday and Friday off for the deer hunt (ostensibly it's for "teacher training" days). We had the same two-day break when I was in high school, too.

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard