Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know I could probably get the answer to this e-mailing LabRat directly, but I thought others might also be interested in the answer.

I'm about to post a story with 3 parts and a epilogue. Should it be listed as "Just a Little Note (1/3)" and then post the short epilogue separately and not include it in the final total.

Or should it be posted as "Just a Little Note (1/4)" including the epilogue in the count total even if it's much shorter than a complete part and I have "The End" after Part 3?

The reason for this question is that I've seen it done both ways on the boards.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good question(s)...

The End before The Epilogue. To me, The End should be at the end of the story, not before the epilogue. It might of course, be before the epilogue if the epilogue's an unexpected extra wink

Numbering: I'd do it like this:
Prologue
Part 1/3
Part 2/3
Part 3/3
Epilogue

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As you've noted, Virginia, it's pretty much a matter of author choice, there are no hard and fast rules for it.

Most authors, I think, go for Michael's numbering system. I probably would do it that way, too, if I was still posting.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard