Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Does anyone remember a case where Superman (not Clark Kent) wrote something down that someone else (Lois, perhaps) could read? Preferrably in S1 or S2. Thank you.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
The only instance I can think of right off hand--and I'm not sure it's applicable--is the note the clone sends to Lois in 'Vatman' asking her to meet him at her apartment that night.

Though conceivably, I suppose, Superman might have had to sign something or other for Maury Brown (which Lois doubtless would have looked into in those early days of her Superman infatuation) or at one of the charity events he attended.

Hope that helps!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
If you treat things semi realistic Superman has to have filled out a lot of police reports. Or at least signed them.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Superman got arrested in S1. There's got to be paperwork involved in that. I don't know whether there's paperwork involved in participating in the celebrity auction. There's probably some kind of release form for publicity shots.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Top Banana
Top Banana
In the original script (although they changed it before it aired), the goodbye letter that Clark leaves for Lois after the heat wave was from Superman. You might want to use that variation if you're really looking for handwriting analysis, as my understanding is that analysis requires a relatively long sample, not just a signature.

HTH
Happy

This *is* my happily ever after.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by HappyGirl:
In the original script (although they changed it before it aired), the goodbye letter that Clark leaves for Lois after the heat wave was from Superman. You might want to use that variation if you're really looking for handwriting analysis, as my understanding is that analysis requires a relatively long sample, not just a signature.

HTH
Happy
Oh, really? I thought the note he gave to Lois was from him - Clark, not Superman. And it was for Lois, where in the episode it was a resignation letter for Perry. Or do I have this confused? I'll have to double check this.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Superman got arrested in S1. There's got to be paperwork involved in that.
And fingerprints. evil Just sayin'. I don't remember Clark ever being arrested, but his fingerprints are on file as Superman.

I thought the note he gave to Lois was from him - Clark, not Superman. And it was for Lois, where in the episode it was a resignation letter for Perry. Or do I have this confused? I'll have to double check this.
In the episode as it aired, he only gives Perry a resignation letter. I had heard that he (as Clark) was originally supposed to give Lois a good-bye letter, although the contents were a mystery and he apparently took the letter back. I've wracked my brain, but I don't remember how I learned that. Did I read it somewhere? Did someone tell me? <sigh> It's the early onset of dementia. confused

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sue S.:
And fingerprints. evil Just sayin'. I don't remember Clark ever being arrested, but his fingerprints are on file as Superman.
In the episode as it aired, he only gives Perry a resignation letter. I had heard that he (as Clark) was originally supposed to give Lois a good-bye letter, although the contents were a mystery and he apparently took the letter back. I've wracked my brain, but I don't remember how I learned that. Did I read it somewhere? Did someone tell me? <sigh> It's the early onset of dementia. confused
Superman was arrested in Man of Steel Bars - the heatwave in Winter - for contempt of court for using his super powers after saying in court that he wouldn't. frown They tried to take his fingerprints but made the mistake of telling him to 'press firmly', which of course just broke the machine. laugh In the same episode Clark leaves because Superman is kicked out of the city. He gives a letter to Lois to give to Perry (his resignation letter). In the script, it is a letter for Lois, which she never reads because she knows he'll be back. Hope that clarifies things.

If we could only get a peek at that letter. Sigh. Although knowing Clark it was probably an innocent "I've always loved you and I always will, but I know we can never be together..." type thing. Can we say missed opportunity Lois?

VirginiaR.
---
Features Writer
Features Writer
Not from S1or S2, but there is that scene in "It's a Small World" where Superman leaves a note to Lois while she's with Dr. Klein and tells her to "stay put". Do we really see the handwriting?

malu

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I don't recall this happening on-screen, but I would imagine that he would have signed his autograph at some point. (I mean, could you imagine him being at a non-emergency situation (say, a ribbon cutting for a children's hospital) and him refusing if a little kid came up to him and asked him for his autograph?

Also, again off-screen, there was probably paperwork involved in the eligible bachelors' charity auction he participated in.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard