Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#166146 06/27/12 03:54 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by dcarson:
The comics are usually vague on locations. New Troy as a state is I think a L&C invention. Some canon has the two cities on opposite sides of Delaware Bay. Gotham to the New Jersey side, Metropolis on the Delaware side. DC geography
I read this description while during a cursory look through Wikipedia and liked it. It makes more sense than outlying suburbs type cities to New York. I was just wondering if Gotham City was considered within New Troy or not. But inside Jersey laugh kind of fitting, isn't it?

In Smallville New Troy is the state on the license plates of the cars from Metropolis. I find it funny (funny wonderful) that Smallville would adapt something from L&C as most of DC / Superman universe seems likes to act as if LnC never existed. (Better than Superboy, yet worse than Superman Returns on the scale. This is the vibe I got, not my opinon.) Of course, :rolleyes: Smallville's Metropolis is within a 3 hour drive of Smallville.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#166147 08/19/12 12:38 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, another question on Gotham City. Even if it doesn't have an offical state in which it is located, is there an official "county"? Also, is Wayne Manor located within GC city limits or outside of it, in the countryside?

Thank you again for all of you in the know.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#166148 08/23/12 06:16 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Don't know what county. I have seen one map that had the shore north of the city labeled Gotham County. Wayne Manor is outside the city on the mainland and is on the last few hundred acres of what used to be many square miles of Wayne land from when England captured the place from the Dutch.

Several maps are at mapping Gotham . ON the second "No Man's Land" map, Wayne Manor is at 3 where the highway has a upside down T on the north side of the river. That article also links to a tourist map of Gotham which explains where many of the names on the map come from.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard