Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#166126 07/04/11 11:23 AM
Kerth
Kerth
And here's Lex Luthor (temporarily in the Flash's body) running into an unexpected secret identity problem

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#166127 07/06/11 09:25 AM
Kerth
Kerth
On the secret identity question yet again: I've just seen the animated "The Batman Superman Movie," subtitled "World's Finest," which has another version of Bruce and Clark's mutual revelations.

Joker steals a statue made from a Kryptonite meteor and brings it to Metropolis, where he does a deal with Lex Luthor - he'll eliminate Superman for a billion dollars. Luthor agrees. Meanwhile Bats has seen some stone fragments from the statue and realises it's Kryptonite. He has business with Luthor as Bruce Wayne, so flies to Metropolis to do that and investigate.

Batman starts interrogating criminals in Metropolis, and Superman eventually turns up to intervene. Batman somehow uses a judo throw on him, and they start to fight. During the fight Superman uses his X-ray vision to see through Bruce's cowl - Superman gasps, and Batman says "You peeked!" and explains about the Kryptonite.

What he doesn't mention is that during the fight he planted a bug on Superman's cloak. A while later, as Clark is getting ready for bed, he finds the bug and looks out of the window to see Batman watching him through binoculars from a distant building.

Much later Bruce is forced to ditch his cloak and hood during a fight, and Lois learns his secret identity. There's also an abortive Bruce-Lois romance (Lois has no idea who Superman is) but while she likes Bruce she doesn't like Batman and it ends once she knows the truth.

It's actually a very intelligent little movie, about an hour long, and works well as part of the animated canon. I can't find any of this film's revelations on Youtube, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're there.

And here's a collection of revelations from various versions of Superman

Marcus L. Rowland
#166128 07/06/11 10:30 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
On the secret identity question yet again: I've just seen the animated "The Batman Superman Movie," subtitled "World's Finest," which has another version of Bruce and Clark's mutual revelations.
I haven't seen any of the animated series (it on my to-do list, after watching Smallville series), but that one sounds interesting. I loved all those clips, especailly with Lex unmasking himself as the Flash and saying "I have no idea who you are." lol So, Lex.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#166129 07/06/11 02:05 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I enjoyed the top 10 revelations youtube clip, but does everyone in Smallville know that Clark is 'The Blur'?!

I found it interesting that, just as in L&C, so too in Smallville, there are two revelations involving Lois. Out of curiosity, what caused Smallville's Lois to forget the first revelation?

Joy,
Lynn

#166130 07/07/11 05:28 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I've seen a few now and get the impression that the animated Batman episodes are the best - JLA and Superman are OK, but not as good as Batman.

Marcus L. Rowland
#166131 07/20/11 01:59 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just a quick question: How did Robin's folks die?

Is it a set in stone answer, like how Bruce's folks died, or have there been several different storylines with the same basic result?

Thanks.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#166132 07/20/11 02:28 PM
Kerth
Kerth
It's pretty consistent - they died in a fall after sabotage of their equipment, as part of a protection racket.

Marcus L. Rowland
#166133 07/20/11 02:31 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Robin's parents were acrobats, tight-rope walkers or trapesse artists or all of the above?

VirginiaR.
---
#166134 07/20/11 03:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Robin's parents were acrobats, tight-rope walkers or trapesse artists or all of the above?
Trapeze Artists. I always thought "acrobat" was an interchangeable term, though; maybe I'm wrong? confused

Still, it was a trapeze act that killed them. They were called "The Flying Graysons", and Bruce's "This-is-really-me-and-not-a-clone" password for Dick is (according to TvTropes) "That Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze". (It's a song lyric! =D)

ETA: Fun Fact! In Robin's debut comic in 1940, when Bruce was training him, when they got to the part about swinging from ropes, Dick said that he'd been rope-swinging since he was 3. Bruce commented that the youngster could probably teach *him* a thing or two. laugh

~•~
#166135 07/20/11 03:29 PM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Incidentally, Robin's parents' deaths also figured into one of the story lines in the Superman radio series.

Joy,
Lynn

#166136 07/20/11 05:55 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for all the info people! Thought I'd add a little Batman lore into my new story as well. Explain a little bit why Mason doesn't like men in tights. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
#166137 07/21/11 01:35 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Maybe she just doesn't like the song "Men In Tights" from the Robin Hood spoof by Mel Brooks. It came out the same year L&C debuted on-air.

Here\'s the song.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#166138 07/21/11 09:37 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
Maybe she just doesn't like the song "Men In Tights" from the Robin Hood spoof by Mel Brooks. It came out the same year L&C debuted on-air.

Here\'s the song.
That's hillarious. What movie is that from?

VirginiaR.
---
#166139 07/21/11 10:07 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Robin Hood: Men in Tights smile
A great pendant to the Kevin Costner version.

Michael

Edit: typo blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#166140 07/21/11 10:39 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Robin Hood: Men in Tights smile
A great pendent to the Kevin Costner version.

Michael
Thank you, Michael. I was thinking it might be, but I thought that movie had Cary Elwes (of Princess Bride fame) as Robin Hood. confused Wonder what I'm thinking of instead? huh Oh, well, doesn't really matter. My daughter loved the men dancing in tights clip, too.

VirginiaR.
---
#166141 07/21/11 02:44 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Canon has Tim Drake the third Robin figuring out who Batman is from spotting that Robin used the same aerial maneuvers he had seen Dick Greyson using when he went to the circus as a child. Dick had been the youngest person the do a quadruple somersault and Robin was shown in news footage doing one. So if Dick had been Robin then Bruce Wayne must be Batman. So he walked next door and said he was going to be the new Robin after Dick refused to go back to the role.

#166142 07/22/11 01:16 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
[b] Robin Hood: Men in Tights smile
A great pendent to the Kevin Costner version.

Michael
Thank you, Michael. I was thinking it might be, but I thought that movie had Cary Elwes (of Princess Bride fame) as Robin Hood. confused Wonder what I'm thinking of instead? huh Oh, well, doesn't really matter. My daughter loved the men dancing in tights clip, too. [/b]
He is. "Unlike other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent." That scene had Little John, Will Scarlett O'Hara, Achoo, and Blinkin, Robin's blind manservent. smile

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#166143 08/27/11 12:55 PM
Kerth
Kerth
A few days ago I picked up a boxed set of ten animated DVDs which was fairly cheap and is a sampler for these series:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270796478912

Don't know if it's available outside the UK.

It's an interesting collection - first you get three feature-length films - Mystery of the Batwoman, The Batman-Superman Movie, and Batman - Mask of the Phantasm. All of these are pretty good, Mask of the Phantasm is very good indeed, and all of them have a very film noir feel.

Next there are five disks with a total of sixteen episodes of the Batman animated series - they can all be found in the seasons 1 and 2 boxed sets, unfortunately.

Finally, there are two disks of Batman - The Brave and the Bold, eight episodes. These are team-ups between Batman and other superheroes - unfortunately not Superman, but you get Plastic Man, Green Arrow, Blue Beetle, etc. Unfortunately I didn't like the animation, a combination of traditional and CGI methods that didn't quite work for me; it gave me the impression that they only spent money on animations that were used a lot, such as the Batmobile.

If you haven't seen any of the animated episodes it's worth a look.

Marcus L. Rowland
#166144 06/23/12 09:55 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
We all know that Metropolis is in the state of New Troy. Does anyone know which state Gotham City resides? Or is it a city-state like Washington DC? (Not that DC is technically a state, because it doesn't have representation in the Senate, a big sore point for anyone actually residing in DC.)

VirginiaR.
---
#166145 06/27/12 03:12 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The comics are usually vague on locations. New Troy as a state is I think a L&C invention. Some canon has the two cities on opposite sides of Delaware Bay. Gotham to the New Jersey side, Metropolis on the Delaware side. DC geography

New Troy is one of the boroughs of the city in the comics.

They are close together however.
In Lois and Clark, when Lois finds out about Superman's secret identity and yells at Clark about how he's been hiding his secretly being Superman, he responds, "A little louder Lois — I don't think they could hear you in Gotham City
Frank Miller has said that "Metropolis is New York in the daytime; Gotham City is New York at night.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard