Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
IreneD Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I thought I would try to convert some of my fics to an epub format and I started following the instructions on the archive on how to do that.

Now, however, I'm stuck. I have to paste into Sigil. What the heck is Sigil? I've never heard of it.

Irene
the technically challenged!

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No idea what Sigil is either, but I use Calibre to convert my files. Free to download, easy to use. Just hit add books, browse to find the file, highlight it, hit convert, choose the format you want to convert to from the drop down menu on the right hand side, hit go and a couple of minutes later, there's your file.

LabRat smile (who needs these things to be so simple a wombat with a lobotomy could do it.)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sigil is an editor for creating books in the epub format. You can find it here:
http://code.google.com/p/sigil/
I haven't used it myself, yet, but there is an online documentation available.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Since I usually have all my finished stuff in html anyway - I've found that 'html to ePub' works very well for me.
For people with their work in Winword - save your document as an 'html filtered' file, then convert THAT file using your converter.
For myself, I tried to get my head around the 'doc to ePub' and the 'pdf to ePub' programs and I just ended up with headaches.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard