Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#165682 04/19/11 04:02 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by DW:
Yeah, I have also thought that many times - constantly in fact laugh

If we are adding names to a list, mine should so be on there too!

smile
I asked first :p Just sayin'.... hyper

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
#165683 04/21/11 12:01 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This morning I had somewhere to be before 9 am, but I decided to see if there was a possibility that Corrina had put #1 of the road on line. When I found it, of course I couldn't just leave without sitting down and reading the whole thing. So...I was 15 minutes late to meet with the women instead of being one of the first to arrive. One of the girls looked at me and asked if I was reading fanfic. When I said yes, she said she bet it was Superman. (My guilty sins are not a secret!)

Thanks Corrina! This story was worth all 15 minutes it took me to get my fill.

My name is Pat, and I am trying to quit being addicted to TMTY, but it is almost impossible.

#165684 04/21/11 02:57 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Pat I am Laura, welcome to TYTM anonymous. I am starting a twelve chapt er I mean step program this week.

Step one: Avoid the computer! It is too risky to tempt fate.

Step two: Once you have failed step one, go directly to e mail, do not pass go, do not go to the fanfic link.

Step Three: Once you have failed step two and peeked into the fanfic folder, do NOT open Corrina's story.

Step four: So you peeked and now you are having withdrawal because Corrina didn't post yet. LEAVE THE COMPUTER! Do not continually check the fanfic folder.

Step Five: Stop banging your head on the desk and move to step 6.

Step six: Have a meal, hug your son, stay away from the computer!

Step seven: Do not ignore the needs of your family or your job to read Corrina's story just because she finally posted.

Step eight. Once the elation of reading Corrina's story has past and need and want sets in, do not fill your face with food to fill the gap until she posts again.

Step nine: Stop biting your nails or any other disgusting habit you may have picked up since reading TMTY. Try not to concentrate on HIGHWAY

Step ten: Stop chanting and meditating the phrase:
"Corrina will post the next chapter" Corrina will post the next chapter"

Step eleven: Continue not to keep looking in the fanfic folder for HIGHWAY.

Step tweleve: Rinse and repeat all 12 steps...

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#165685 04/22/11 04:38 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Laura originally posted:

Step one: Avoid the computer! It is too risky to tempt fate.

Step two: Once you have failed step one, go directly to e mail, do not pass go, do not go to the fanfic link.

Step Three: Once you have failed step two and peeked into the fanfic folder, do NOT open Corrina's story.

Step four: So you peeked and now you are having withdrawal because Corrina didn't post yet. LEAVE THE COMPUTER! Do not continually check the fanfic folder.

Step Five: Stop banging your head on the desk and move to step 6.

Step six: Have a meal, hug your son, stay away from the computer!

Step seven: Do not ignore the needs of your family or your job to read Corrina's story just because she finally posted.

Step eight. Once the elation of reading Corrina's story has past and need and want sets in, do not fill your face with food to fill the gap until she posts again.

Step nine: Stop biting your nails or any other disgusting habit you may have picked up since reading TMTY. Try not to concentrate on HIGHWAY

Step ten: Stop chanting and meditating the phrase:
"Corrina will post the next chapter" Corrina will post the next chapter"

Step eleven: Continue not to keep looking in the fanfic folder for HIGHWAY.

Step tweleve: Rinse and repeat all 12 steps...
rotflol lol

I love the idea of this 12-step programme; however, sadly, I do not think it works frown I have tried avoiding the fanfic folder to see if Corrina has miraculously posted the next part. The only thing that works is if I am not anywhere near a computer that day. But then the next morning, guess where I go as soon as possible? The fanfic folder!

Sad and pathetic really (all Corrina's fault too laugh :p )

smile

#165686 04/25/11 03:09 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bringing this to the top. It looks like the kiss is coming soon. Who wants to take bets on how many chapters Corrina will hold off on it for? It seems like it should be in the next chapter but I don't think I should get my hopes up. I say 2. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#165687 04/25/11 04:36 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
I also don't think we should get our hopes up, because then we'll be even more disappointment once the kiss somehow magically doesn't appear in the next few parts.

I do hope it is soon though! I think this is the longest we have ever had to wait and is so anxious for it to happen!

smile

#165688 04/25/11 10:51 AM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
And people gave me a hard time for waiting until the end of "Momentum" for L&C to share a real kiss! That story was only 260K. Clearly Corrina should have been around back then to make me look generous. lol

Kathy

#165689 04/25/11 05:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL you have a point Kathy.

Caroline's "Stardust"
#165690 04/26/11 01:09 PM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
And people gave me a hard time for waiting until the end of "Momentum" for L&C to share a real kiss! That story was only 260K. Clearly Corrina should have been around back then to make me look generous.
No, Kathy. You've severely underestimated our ability to give a hard time to multiple authors at the same time. wink And, yes, Corrina has teased us with "the kiss" for longer than you did, but her Clark came from a dark place. You were teasing us for a different reason.

I definitely see a more traditional date coming, with the customary kiss at the end. Unless he tries to shave and freaks out about the super powers before the evening arrives. I could totally see Corrina torturin... erm, taking that route.

But I hope not. Unfettered, amnesiac Clark is definitely more sexy.

Ack! She only posted yesterday. Do you think she'll post early again?

B

#165691 04/26/11 01:31 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ack! She only posted yesterday. Do you think she'll post early again?
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem likely:

On Tuesday afternoon, I'll be at the Hawks/Geelong game, and then I have rather extensive plans to (hopefully) celebrate - meaning I will be away from my computer for at least 24 hours.
No celebrating tonight, though. Hawks/Geelong game frown

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#165692 04/26/11 05:56 PM
Kerth
Kerth
wave

#165693 04/29/11 03:20 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
To paraphrase Clark, "It's been 4 days, 6 hours, and 47 minutes. But who's counting?" peep

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#165694 04/30/11 04:23 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
peep I need a fix...

Caroline's "Stardust"
#165695 04/30/11 06:22 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I believe I already said this once:

help help help help help
help help help help help
help help help help help

Oh, as for the BR'ing. The problem is, Corrina's sending parts out while she's still writing. So, the only thing one would gain, would be a head start. And then, one's back to the torturous hamster wheel of getting a few minutes of bliss and the chance to comment before it's all dark clouds and despair all over again.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#165696 04/30/11 09:46 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I agree with Michael about BRing not being the answer. The only answer is to have her write the whole thing, start to finish, and then publishing it in about 3 pieces at most. (My tolerance for delays is not long.) Or, maybe we can figure a way to mainline this story by attaching ourselves to Corrina. She needs about 50 or 80 people attached to her as she goes to the store or just to the park with her children. (Not a threat, Corrina, but a gentle hint that we need another dose of this story. It could get ugly if we are denied for too long.)

Pat <bg>

Because I sound completely crazy, I swear I'm going to the library on Monday morning and getting myself something else to read. No one needs to be that close to insanity just because she has to wait for a great story to develop. PROMISE!

#165697 04/30/11 06:04 PM
Kerth
Kerth
The only answer is to have her write the whole thing, start to finish, and then publishing it in about 3 pieces at most.
I *used* to do that! At least, I used to have the entire story written before posting Part 1. However, that was before my stories got so looooooong! AR was 68 parts. TMTY is 71 parts and it's still not finished!

peep peep peep

/nervous cough, eyes darting left and right/ I'm going away. And my computer isn't coming with me.

peep peep peep

For anyone who is still talking to me wink - it will only be for three days. Hawthorn play in Adelaide next weekend, and it's my wedding anniversary. What can I say? laugh

I'll *try* to post 2 parts before I leave - which according to Michael in the FDK thread should just about get you to the start of the date! laugh laugh

Corrina.

#165698 04/30/11 06:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Happy Anniversary!I hope your team wins! Enjoy your time away. If you can post before you go that would be great. But if not we will all still be here when you get back. No worries. Laura

Caroline's "Stardust"
#165699 05/01/11 02:17 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
May God continue to bless you and your marriage. Congratulations. I hope you and your husband have a wonderful weekend together.

Is there *any* chance we'll get that goofy )

#165700 05/01/11 03:43 AM
D
DW Offline
Columnist
Columnist
D
Happy Anniversary!!!

We'll still talk to you once you get back sloppy

AR was 68 parts. TMTY is 71 parts and it's still not finished!
I think that you should aim for a 100 parts laugh which is very possible since no one wants to see this end wink (except for maybe you?)

smile

#165701 05/01/11 09:52 AM
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your trip. smile

And I'd totally be on board with DW's suggestion ... 100 parts of this story would be just fine with me! jump

Kathy

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard