Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Hi Guys

Well, I'm still not having any luck getting on to www.lcfanfic.com. Lynn, I tried your suggestions of pinging both the IP address and the domain name, and also doing tracert of them. The pings both timed out and the tracert's each came up with identical traces to the point at which they also timed out. Any ideas? I would attach a screen dump of the results, but I don't know how. Can someone help me on that? Can I copy the image from my HDD or does it need to be online somewhere?

Interestingly, I still can't access the site via my cellphone which has a different ISP to my PC, however I have since discovered that on my parents computer - which uses dialup (I'm on Broadband) and a different ISP again - I can access the site. I will have to go round there at some stage and try tracert to see how it compares.

Thanks!
Elizabeth

Kerth
Kerth
Reminds me to mention that the censorware my employees (a school) uses has the archive blocked as an occult drug-related site (I think - I'll check the precise wording tomorrow). Which is odd because it isn't blocking numerous other fanfic sites, some of which have much more explicit content, and isn't blocking the boards except as an occasional time out message.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Reminds me to mention that the censorware my employees (a school) uses has the archive blocked as an occult drug-related site
dizzy rotflol

Lauren has checked over the site and can find no issues at our end.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Yay! I can now access the archive again! Don't know exactly what the problem was, but it appeared to be somewhere between my ISP and the site (although it was obviously not the site itself). I was about to ring my ISP and get them to sort it but maybe someone somewhere else connected via the same ISP was having similar problems and they got it sorted first.

Many thanks to everyone for your prompt responses to my messages and for your help and suggestions. Much appreciated! smile

Elizabeth

Kerth
Kerth
Sorry - for various reasons I forgot to check - think it's netsweeper.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard