Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
I have a story on my hard drive (first draft half-done, fully outlined) where Clark moves on after Lois dies. But given the level of negative response to such stories on these boards, I've decided to let it go.

When you go to the zoo, there are signs all over the place telling you not to tease the animals.
but I love those 'next gen' type of fics where Clark finds someone else! The amount of times I've read the "Home" series is actually quite embarrassing.

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nan's character in the Home series is Lois reincarnated - Nan has always made that clear.

c.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Bellarata wrote:

but I love those 'next gen' type of fics where Clark finds someone else! The amount of times I've read the "Home" series is actually quite embarrassing.
The problem is that this story isn't a 'next gen' fic. It's one set just after Lois dies young, specifically after my story She\'s. I just don't want to slog through all the emotional responses again.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Originally posted by ccmalo:
Nan's character in the Home series is Lois reincarnated - Nan has always made that clear.

c.
Good point thumbsup

It still remains embarrassing however, how many times i've read that series laugh

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have ideas stuck in my head for the longest time but can't write them at all (I'm more of a reader than a writer...)

One of them would deal with a daughter of Lois and Clark that was given the chance to travel in time. She would go back to apparently random times as an observer but being a child of Superman she's compelled to help when she witnesses accidents or catastrophes.
During one of her travels she would end up saving Lex from death as a child and basically question if she was the cause of her parents suffering in the future... But at the same time she'd be conflicted for other reasons involving yet another child of Luthor's who in the future would save her life...

Too complicated I know... There are other premises, most of them involving time travel and lost relatives of Lex Luthor. Just not a decent plot... (Yeah, I guess I'm one of those Lex groupies...) :p

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I just thought of the premise for a crossover fanfic that I would never write, since I don't know the other character involved well enough and have no desire to do the requisite research: Suppose that instead of Jimmy Olsen being the young photographer at the Planet, it were Peter Parker instead?

Anyone who is better acquainted with Spidey than I am and who wishes to write such a story is welcome to go for it!

Joy,
Lynn

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I actually started and posted two segments of An L&C Adaptation of "The Blue Lagoon" in the nfic folder and then decided I wasn't really going to write it. I'm not the right person. Though if someone wants to take it up. . .

The other story I've thought might be interesting is if Lois and Clark married before an event where Clark dies (like TOGOM) and they don't figure out how to bring Clark back or when Clark is supposed to be gone to New Krypton with Superman and Lois becomes obviously pregnant making everyone wonder if she has a new boyfriend, one night stand (in the case of Clark's "death" or is cheating on Clark (in the case of Clark gone to New Krypton).

thanks!

rkn
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
The other story I've thought might be interesting is if Lois and Clark married before an event where Clark dies (like TOGOM) and they don't figure out how to bring Clark back or when Clark is supposed to be gone to New Krypton with Superman and Lois becomes obviously pregnant making everyone wonder if she has a new boyfriend, one night stand (in the case of Clark's "death" or is cheating on Clark (in the case of Clark gone to New Krypton).
I confess that I'm a sucker for such stories.
If you ever change your mind I'd love to read them blush

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
Kerth
Kerth
I actually started and posted two segments of An L&C Adaptation of "The Blue Lagoon" in the nfic folder and then decided I wasn't really going to write it.
sad I thought that fic had a lot of potential. I was thinking about it the other day and hoping you were working on it.

Corrina.

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have a little more written if there is interest in me posting it, though I still think it is a project for someone else, LOL. Let me know and I'll post another chapter.

thanks!

rkn
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard