Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Off the top of my head eps they took planes:

ASU
Toy Story [the ep at the end of S4 where they show up and M/J want to go to a hotel and Lois tries to tell Clark why and he's like 'but they're my *parents*!/whine/'
Ides of Metropolis

Other eps they were there but I don't remember specific travel info include:
ATAI
Whatever the ep is where Jonathan does everything Martha does and Martha plays chess and takes naps and Jonathan orders Chinese and tries to pretend he makes it and they call Lois family - S2

Ugh - that's all I'm coming up with off the top of my head.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
So amongst the episodes that Labby, Carol, and I have recalled, we have averaged a bit over a flight a year; that might still be doable in terms of expenses and the wear-and-tear of travel. (In those pre-9/11 days, travel was a lot easier, after all.)

What I find a bit less plausible is that *farmers* could drop whatever they are doing and take off at a moments' notice so often. I am sure that in a pinch the Kents could ask the Irigs or other neighbors to help out, but I would guess that that request would start to get real old real fast -- after all, their neighbors surely are busy with their own farms.

But then again, if I were really concerned with things like plausibility, there are a lot more obvious nits to pick on LnC. I enjoy the show as much as the next FoLC, but I'll freely admit that it takes a huge amount of suspension of disbelief to do so. But the quality of the writing, acting, etc. is so high on the show, that I am willing to overlook the myriad scientific impossibilities and just sit back and have fun watching.

cheers,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
don't think there's any evidence that anyone from SoulMates was related to anyone in the L/C universe once everything was back to normal. In TF, there's Miss Martha who runs the saloon. I forget if they gave the sheriff's name [Jonathan].

Carol

Edit: Marshall Kent. No first name given.
I always thought that "Marshal" was his title (a federal marshal, sort of like a sheriff, and definitely in law enforcement).

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by LabRat:
I remember one incidence of him turning up at his apartment to find them waiting for him. Was that...Chip Off The Old Clark? Think it might have
Yes, in COTOC and also Whine Whine Whine, they show up unexpectedly to help him out. They also quickly fly out when he needs their help in Top Copy.

In addition to the eps Carol mentioned, J&M also visited Clark in The Source and Season's Greedings (the chore-switch ep is Chi Of Steel.) So unless I'm forgetting one, they visited Metropolis on six different occasions in S2. Yikes!

I always just assumed they hired a farmhand after Clark graduated HS, but where in the world they keep him, I couldn't say. wink

Molly
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
They were there for the wedding/nonwedding fiasco as well as some of the clone argh in S3. Dunno if that was on trip or several short ones though. For Christmas too. And for Christmas in S4 as well as the real wedding.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Aren't they in Metropolis during All Shook Up? Has that one already been mentioned?

Course, we get back to how many of those were flights by airline and how many were Clark fetching them.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard