Print Thread
#163075 01/08/10 12:55 PM
T
TriciaW Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Yes, it’s that exciting time of the year once more ... the Annual Kerth Quizzes! smile1 We will cover every Kerth category, with the exception of Best Overall. Each quiz will carry quotes and/or excerpts from a selection of stories fitting that quiz's Kerth category. And it's up to you to guess the story and author. Points are awarded and scores are kept. Half-points, and even quarter-points, are common, and last place is even more hotly competed for than first. wink

Wondering how to take part in the quizzes? Well, one way is to join the fic list, of course. If you don't want to join another list - though you don't have to have emails coming into your inbox; it's possible just to read the messages via the website, and post from there too - you can always just read the posts without being a member, and then email your answers to the person who set the quiz. (Don't email them to the Kerth quiz team email address, because the rest of us may be entering the quiz ourselves and not want to see answers.) Any time a new quiz is posted to the list, we'll post the link here so that non-members can find it.

Thank you to Lisa and Lara for all your hard work last year. Jenn, Erin, Carol and Tricia will be organising the quizzes this year.

So, the countdown starts here... get reading, and get ready! Kerth Quiz No. 1 will be posted on Monday 18 January.

Tricia cool

(On behalf of the whole Kerth Quiz Team.)
kerthquizteam@lcficmbs.com

#163076 01/08/10 02:25 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hey!

I can't come in last every time this year!!!

I try really hard to earn that distinction!

But since I'm creating some of them... =D

There's a few I *can't* come in last on!

Carol

#163077 01/08/10 06:07 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Are these quizzes 'open book,' or are we on our honor not to go back and check the stories?

This *is* my happily ever after.
#163078 01/08/10 06:16 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Oh - they're open archive, open hard drive, open Google...

A list of rules will be sent out before long HG - but no need for the 'honor system' as nothing is off limits.

However, I pride myself on losing without help wink .

Always have - mainly before the archive was as searchable as it is now. My personal goal is to see how much I remember without help [and typically I fail miserably - but I have fun doing it wink ]. I will sometimes verify but that's it...

Heck - I've been known to miss my own quotes and almost miss my own excerpts =D.

Carol

#163079 01/08/10 06:58 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
I think I should point out that I nominated Carol to join the committee because, as I put it to Tricia, "she sucks so bad at answering the quizzes that maybe she'll be better at creating them."

Mwah. laugh

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
#163080 01/08/10 11:58 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Umm... that's the nfic-group blush

This year: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lcnfanfic/

Usual yahoo-group: http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/LCFic/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#163081 01/09/10 12:54 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the headsup, Michael. I've changed the link in Tricia's post.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard