Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Also, it just ocurred to me, I doubt L&C's Clark would have played QB, anyway, since Joe Malloy did, and I bet he would have said something when Lois mentioned her "dating the quarterback" phase in high school, along the lines of, "well, soon you'll be slee ... uh, married to one."
Yes, I think you are right.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Thanks for all the explanations. They were really helpful - not only with information but showing how hard it is to comprehend when we're familiar with very different games.

Corrina.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Since we are deep into Superbowl season,I was reminded of this thread watching the many games. The QB can run with the ball and make the touchdown himself if the situation warrants. It's just that passing it gets it further down field toward the goal line than carrying it does. For instance, in a scrimmage at the 1 yard line, he can keep the ball and dive over the other team.
Another important play is "sacking" the quarterback. The defensive team prevents the QB from throwing the ball by pulling him down to the ground. This doesn't happen often if the QB's team protects him sufficiently.

Yeah, I can't get cricket at all. It's a total mystery to me.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard