Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Does this exist anywhere?

I have looked at a few episodes but, to be honest, I'm having trouble nailing it down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
It's on zoomway.net - there's a 360 thing...

Will see if I can find it...

Here's one thread about it.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here's the 3d view stuff:
http://www.redboots.net/tnaos/3d.htm

And yeah, I the floorplans still need to be done, too peep But considering that the long fic I needed them for should have started last Christmas...

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks all! This: 3D Views : is great.

But... Where is the bathroom? I don't even see a door in this picture. I guess it is in the bedroom somewhere but I don't see it.

Bob

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
On the other side of his bedroom, there is a glasstile wall. The short corridor behind it leads to his bathroom. No doors all the way through. There are some nice snapshots when Clois gets ready for her wedding night and again, when Lois appears at the end of Soul Mates.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Yeah - on the other side of the wall next to the loft is a short hall to the bathroom. I think we see Clark walk out of it in ISAWAA... I always though the door was in that wall...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's one heck of a nice apartment. I'd like one like that.

And where was that closet that Perry hid in when Lois got the wrong idea?

It seems I heard that at one of the early LAFFs that FoLCs got to tour the sets. Perhaps one of them might have an idea? The only person I can think of right off who might have been involved in this is Nan Smith.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If anyone has had trouble with the 360 view requiring Quick Time, it won't work with Firefox. Firefox will not even accept the download. I had to use IE to use this 360 view.

And I have a question. Is the refrigerator really blue? Or does it just look that way with Quick Time?

Does anyone remember if we actually ever saw Clark go to the Loft?

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Nancy - no, we never actually saw anyone up there - part of me wants to say we saw someone sitting on the stairs at some point but I think that may be fic overlying in my head. From that view though, it doesn't look nearly big enough to be the loft bedroom many people [me included] have used it as... And there's no window/skylight like many people have used as well.

My question...

IIRC the closets are in the LR/K area. Replaced later by the wine rack. Um... why? There is no closet space in the bedroom at all... And none once he puts the wine rack in... For a long time I thought they were on the wall by the door to the balcony but they're not because there is no wall there...

Oh, the fridge is stainless steel.

bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
If anyone has had trouble with the 360 view requiring Quick Time, it won't work with Firefox. Firefox will not even accept the download. I had to use IE to use this 360 view.
No. I just finished viewing them using Firefox.

On the other side of his bedroom, there is a glasstile wall. The short corridor behind it leads to his bathroom.
Thanks! I pulled out the DVDs and verified the location per the suggestions.

So for me, I have all I need. There were a few things I wanted to verify and I more than have my answers.

Bob

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No. I just finished viewing them using Firefox.
Hmm... How interesting. I actually got a message from Firefox saying they wouldn't allow the program because it would make Firefox crash. But I just tried it again (after downloading QuickTime through IE) and it worked fine. Computers are just weird.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Anybody know what the door between the window seat and the kitchen is supposed to be to?

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
the big metal one to the balcony?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Is that what that is?

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I think so...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nancy - no, we never actually saw anyone up there - part of me wants to say we saw someone sitting on the stairs at some point but I think that may be fic overlying in my head. From that view though, it doesn't look nearly big enough to be the loft bedroom many people [me included] have used it as... And there's no window/skylight like many people have used as well.
I think I remember Clark sitting on those stairs. And, although it would be small, I think the loft could be a bedroom. And since the "ceiling" is not really there because it's a set, I think adding a skylight would be perfectly natural. There also appears to be a long walkway off the loft, but it's hard to really tell because much of it is cut off.

Also, there appears to be a wardrobe in the bedroom that could have been used as a closet. It wouldn't be unusual in those older buildings to not have very many closets. If you pan the video so you are looking directly at the spiral staircase, it's on the right.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Yeah - I know but the closet where his suits were at first - there were two of them iirc but not in those pics have to piece it together from eps like IGAOY with Perry in them etc. - are where the wine rack is in the 3D view which never made any sense to me...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Was the wine rack added later? Perhaps after Diana Stride found the costumes in Clark's closet? I'm pretty sure she didn't find the rotating closet behind the wine rack. I think she found a secret compartment in a regular closet.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Right. There was a closet or two. Blue. And behind it was the compartment. After Diana, at some point we get the wine rack. But the closets disappear.

So no closets...

But even when he did have closets they were in the K/LR area...

Not feeling like saving the pic etc but you can copy/paste the link...

http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/FirstSeason/Rival/TheRival854.jpg

Looks like they also redid the bookcases - in the pic they go all the way to the floor but in the 3D they don't and are curved at the top.

This one:
http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/FirstSeason/Rival/TheRival843.jpg

You see Lois is coming out of the bedroom and the table is there with the shelves on the other side of the room so that's where the closet/s have to be...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If you look closely at the pics from Andrea's site, a kitchen cabinet is to the right of the closet. It kind of makes it seem that there wasn't a closet and they had to "make" one for The Rival.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
But he had a closet in other eps - that's where the suits were; it's where he put the suitcase when he was going to stop being Superman; where Diana found the spare suits...

Look here - on the right behind the suitcase:
http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/FirstSeason/NB/NeverendingBattle703.jpg

Or here:
http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/FirstSeason/NB/NeverendingBattle719.jpg

There's not a good cap of Diana opening the closet in Top Copy...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Do you know if plans like blueprints exist anywhere for Clark's apartment? Not the pictures of the set, but a diagram of the floor plan?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I can never actually access shots from Andrea's site with a link. I have to go searching. I found the 703 pic from Neverending Battle, but darn if I could see a suitcase unless it's among the boxes and papers on the floor. But I was a little confused. Did you mean to post links from Top Copy rather than Neverending Battle? But those pictures from Neverending Battle are odd. Are these the scenes where he is moving super fast? In pictures 700 and 702, he is standing right in front of the spot where the refrigerator should be (according to the 360 views) - you can see the window with the fan curtain over it to his left. The best I can tell from the 360 view, there is only one of those in the apartment. Then in picture 703, he is standing in the middle of the kitchen and the refrigerator is there. I can see an area on the right of the 719 picture that could be a closet. In the 360 view, this area has cabinets in it. They aren't there in the 719 picture. I looked back at picture 253. The refrigerator is present in that picture, too. I couldn't find Top Copy pic of the outside of the closet - only ones with Diana in the closet. I'm with Iolanthe - I'd like to see a blueprint.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by carolm:

Not feeling like saving the pic etc but you can copy/paste the link...

You can't hotlink to her site. Usually, I save the pics, post them to photobucket and give her the credit but I'm not up for all that.

My point is that the 3D and the apartment pre wine rack [whenever that is] ARE NOT THE SAME. There are closets in the kitchen [in the first NB link, in the top right, there is a suitcase sitting there - the old brown one] and in the other one you can see the same closet with something else sitting in front of it that I can't quite make out.

I did not mean to post TC links because I couldn't find shots of the closet in relation to anything else so there was no point.

If you combine the shots from NB and from Rival you get two closets at right angles to each other with the one Perry is in in Rival being where the wine rack is in the 3D pics. However, looking at some of the other ones posted, the bookcases on the right wall [if you're standing at the door] are very different as well [instead of going floor to ceiling, they are rounded at the top and 2-3' off the ground in the 3D pics].

HERE WE GO!

I KNEW these pics existed and couldn't figure out where they were...

Yes, you will have to copy/paste them...

http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/FirstSeason/Vatman/Vatman48.jpg

http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/FirstSeason/Vatman/Vatman58.jpg

Clearly two closets at right angles with each other [though everything seems backwards in these pics to me... maybe they recreated it backwards so Dean could 'walk on the ceiling' - the closets/bookcases should be to the right of the counters not the left... almost mirror imaged?].

My whole point is that there WERE closets in the apartment but it never made any sense to me why they were in the KITCHEN not the bedroom...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In the Vatman 48 pic there is a cabinet like the kitchen ones beside the closet. So that takes care of me wondering about that cabinet.

But that picture makes me wonder why both closets are gone in the 360 view. Who knows? I can see them making changes in the sets just like you would make changes in your home.

I also wonder if they built a special upside down set or did they hang Dean upside down?

I know it's probably weird, but I love these kinds of discussions. I wish I'd known about that 360 view sooner.

Edit: Hmmm.... If you look at this picture, it appears they hung Dean upside down. Notice the billowing shirt. http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/FirstSeason/Vatman/Vatman53.jpg

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Yeah - that and 'dropping' the phone made me wonder if he wasn't really upside down vs. building the set upside down and nailing the couch to the ceiling. Regardless - everything seems backwards in those pics - mirror imaged if you will. The pics with Perry in the closet have the bookcases to the right but in these they're to the left...

Remodeling sure, but the bookcases are way different and the brickwork matches like it's supposed to have been that way [though we're talking Superman here so... he could easily do a lot more remodeling than us...]. Guess he took out both closets, left the suits in the same place and put a wine rack in front of them [though I was thinking he'd told Lois in DTOSC that he'd had to move them after Diana Stride but it's not in the script and that's not moving them it's just redisguising them...] and put some other kind of cabinet on the wall by the cabinets leaving himself with no closets...

He does get a new fridge at some point... This one:

http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/FirstSeason/PML/PML06.jpg

obviously isn't stainless wink .

He also goes from track lighting in Vatman:
http://www.loisandclarkarchive.com/FirstSeason/Vatman/Vatman48.jpg

to aged looking wooden beams in the 3D...

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I think the wooden beams are just part of the set. The track lighting was probably put up just for this episode. If you look closely in Vatman pic 48, Deans feet are hooked over the top of the metal beam. Now, I'm sure that wasn't all that was holding him there though. The closet being on the left would fit in with Clark moving his suits after Diana Stride found them. But the one door is open in the 360 view. The couch could have just been moved. In any case, the pics don't match the ones from Neverending Battle. It would appear that the set was changed to accommodate the script. It could also be a case of the tape being "backwards" and no one caught it. Have you ever seen that happen with school pictures of kids? I have.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Out of interest I copied the picture of Clark on the ceiling into PhotoShop and lightened it to see if his feet were indeed hooked under the beam; but they aren't, he is standing in front of the beam. I think they built a copy of the usual set and rotated it so it appears upside down; like they did in the scene in the pilot where he appears to walk up the wall and onto the ceiling in his room at the Apollo Hotel. So I also rotated the image 180 degrees and his shirt appears to be hanging more towards his feet than it should if he was truly hanging from the ceiling. If I recall correctly, didn't he walk around on the ceiling in this scene?

Just a few more thoughts... smile )

Cheers
Elizabeth

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard