Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#162843 11/29/09 09:54 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, here are some preliminary rules. Mellie and are still working on some specifics. We will determine guess the author or not after hearing from you.

The rules (edited) are the pretty much the ones Carol and Elisabeth posted last year and someone else before that and Wendy before that. Here's hoping Wendy will participate. Wendy?

~~~~~~~
Rules for Writers:

Note that stories don't *have* to be Christmas stories. Unless the request you get states it specifically, of course. It would be fun if stories had a Holiday theme, but I'm not going to limit anyone's inspiration by requiring them to be centered around Christmas. If you have a holiday preference/non-preference either in the fic written for you or in what you'll write, please include it in your form

1. We'll get the final sign-up date to you later - probably today or tomorrow.

2. In order to sign up, email your completed form (located just a little further below) to njhky@yahoo.com with the subject "ficathon." Mellie or I will send you a confirmation that we received your sign-up.

3. Stories should be at least 750 words in length.

4. As soon as we determine whether this will be a guess the author, too, we will give you more specific info about posting.

6. If your story is delayed - or if you find you won't be able to finish - you must let me know as soon as possible so we can find a pinch hitter.

7. If possible, have your story beta-read. These stories are meant as Christmas / holiday presents - the contents should be as appealing as the wrapping, I think. *g*

8. No character-bashing is allowed. Neither will deathfics. And we'll not be doing nfic either, because it would be really lame for someone to not be able to read the story written for them because they don't have access to that side of the boards...

Form:

Three things I want in my fic:

Preferred season(s)/holiday [if applicable]:

Three things I do not want in my fic:

I am willing to write:

I will not write:

Will I pinch hit: (meaning if someone does not complete their story or circumstances prevent them from finishing, will I volunteer to take on another story?)

~~~~~~~~~~

More will be coming. Nancy

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#162844 11/30/09 01:47 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Two more things: Give us a short description of what you would be willing to write so we don't set you up with humor if you're into angsty A-plots, okay! And let us know if you'd be willing to pinch hit.

On second thought, maybe we'd better leave out the guess-the-author thing. Combining it with a ficathon is well possible, but I fear that most people wouldn't like it anyway.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#162845 11/30/09 02:01 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Yeah - I'd ditch Guess the Author as part of a ficathon. Better to keep those separate. Maybe we'll do a separate one of those after the New Year with the New Year lull...

I'd also rec starting a new thread with this info and a nice big 'SIGN UP HERE' or something topic line smile .

Thanks for organizing!
Carol

#162846 11/30/09 02:38 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Sign-ups by December 8th. Assignments by December 13th. Postings by January 20th.

Good idea, Carol. I'll post another thread.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard