Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Yes! They've finally removed the story, but the author's profile is still there. I don't know how they usually handle things -- I've been told they are usually faster to remove stories than this goofy

Oh, and the stop plagiarism LJ site seems to be a bust for us this time ... the day after my post was put in their moderator queue, they posted to say that they were 2-3 weeks behind due to busy real life schedules and didn't expect to be caught up until later in the month. I sent them screen caps of the stolen story, so they'll still be able to verify the plagiarism, but with the story taken down and the author ignoring email, I doubt they'll be much they can do aside from add her to their watch list.

Still, at least she now knows that she won't be able to get things by us in FoLCdom. thumbsup

Thank you, so much, everyone, for your awesome support. As I've said a million times before, I love this place! sloppy

L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I know this has mostly been resolved already, but I just wanted to say that I saw the reviews all of you wrote on FF.net and they led me to the site where the real story is located...and to this board. smile

I'm fairly new to FoLCdom, so I wouldn't have been able to recognize that the story had been stolen.

Hopefully I wasn't the only one that was led to the real story and the rightful author.

Merriwether
Merriwether
Welcome to the boards, livewithfreedom. Thanks for joining. You seem to be one good result of this whole deal.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hi LWF!

So glad to have you! Glad something good came out of this nonsense wink .

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi too, LWF! Welcome to the boards. You might try this site too if you are interested in Lois and Clark: http://www.lcfanfic.com/
There are over 3,000 stories (yes, 3,000) there.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hi and welcome, LWF! smile Hope you have fun with us.

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Kerth
Kerth
Back to the plagiarist: I put him on author alert, so should he post another story, I will know. And have a look at it.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Stop_plagiarism got to this finally and a mod is investigating. The mod has asked if anyone has any more screencaps of the plagiarised story - I don't think it really matters too much at this stage, since the story is already gone, but if anyone does have any could you post them on that LJ thread? Or, if you don't have an LJ, send me a PM or post here with the link and I'll post them for you. (Kathy's in the middle of a move right now so I don't want to bother her).

Thanks!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Top Banana
Top Banana
Just for the record, I'm not in the least offended, Kathy. I'm not even that bothered about the plagiarism - only insofar as it's a lazy, greedy, and rather pathetic thing to do. On a personal level, I couldn't care less!

My thanks to Wendy for bringing this to my attention.

Yvonne

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard