#161698 04/04/09 02:36 PM
T
TriciaW Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
T
Hi Everyone! smile1

A special thank you to Karen and Erin, without their fantastic help the Kerth ceremony would not have been possible. clap

And so here’s the list of winners for the 2009 Kerth Awards.

Best Super Short

Me and My Big Mouth by Julie Stars

Best Short Story

Last Call Casualty by Sue S

Best Mid-Length Story

Flawed by MetroRhodes

Best Waffy Story

Last Call Casualty by Sue S

Best Comedy

A Charred Day's Night by Jen D

Best Revelation Story

SuperHeroes R Us by Erin Klingler

Best Episode Adaptation

Feathers by Nan Smith

Best Drama

There's No Place Like Home by ML Thomson

Best Relationship Story – We have a tie!

Learning to Love by Carol M
The Girl Next Door by Janet Owens

Best Alternate Universe / Elseworlds/Next Generation Story

Veritas by Shayne Terry

Best Original / Supporting Character

Kaylee Stewart - Honesty/Fidelity/Strength by Beth Summerson

Best New Author

Alisha Knight

Best Overall Story

There's No Place Like Home by ML Thompson

Congratulations to all the winners and the nominees! And thank you to every L&C writer! smile

Tricia cool

#161699 04/04/09 02:54 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Congrats to everyone!

And thank you! Can't believe that LtL managed to eek out a tie with GND!

Thank you so much to everyone who read and voted!!!

Carol

#161700 04/04/09 04:54 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congrats to all the winners! smile

I'm very sorry I couldn't come; I had it on my calendar for months, but forgot to check said calendar when planning my son's b-day hockey game...

Anyway, I appreciate every single one of you authors who go to the trouble of putting a story together, and who are brave enough to share it with us. It ain't easy. And yet we have such a lot of talented writers in this fandom smile

PJ
who is also happy that the Hurricanes won (!!) and are going to be in the playoffs... laugh

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#161701 04/04/09 04:55 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Congratulations to all of the winners, and all of the nominees! We had a great time tonight, as always. laugh And thanks to Erin and Tricia for putting it all together!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#161702 04/04/09 05:07 PM
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness!

Between a trial that went on forever, a sick dog, an ice buildup that caused my ceiling to almost collapse and numerous resulting repair jobs on my house, I haven’t even had time to read, let alone write so far this year. In fact, I’ve only been on the boards a handful of times. Once I did come on, intending to check out Kerth nominations, but got distracted, and so only found out today that I’d even been nominated.

So to say that I’m stunned would definitely be an understatement. I guess this means I need to start writing again, eh?

Anyway, thank you all so much. This year has been... busy, to say the least. So it is just so nice to get a pleasant surprise for a change. I do need to thank Carol and Gerry for their great beta reading skills. And to thank Jeanne for editing my story for the archives. And to thank all of you who cheered me on, challenged me and corrected my mistakes and oversights during posting.

And congrats to all the other winners and nominees. Now that things seem to be calming down somewhat in my life, you’ve all given me a nice list of must-read stories.

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
#161703 04/04/09 05:14 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
No no no. ML, what you must do is write Lane and Kent's story!

wink

#161704 04/04/09 06:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Congrats to everyone!

And huge thanks to all those who put in time and effort to make the awards, and the ceremony, a big success again this year.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#161705 04/04/09 08:21 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
shock blush .

I had to work and didn't get to go to the ceremony. I just stopped in quick on my meal break - couldn't wait 'til I get home - to see if there was any news. And oh, my gosh - TGND won!? And in the presence of such talented authors! Thank you, thank you!!

And congratulations to all the winners. (Carol, I'm honored to share an award with you!)

A thousand (or more) thank-you's - to the authors, the beta readers, the editors, the readers on the boards, and the ones who maintain the sites and the Kerths... We FOLCs are incredibly lucky to have you all.

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#161706 04/04/09 08:48 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
All of you are unbelievable; you know that, right?

I just write because I think we should all laugh a little more, but my day is complete when you laugh, too. And Sue, I'm hoping you read this because you asked for an update on my life almost a year ago; so I wrote this, heh, entirely true story about the time I almost burned down my house. Man, guys, that white haze lingered around for days...

Thanks to all of you who put in such hard work for the ceremony. I feel like a total heel for having to miss it every year, and you guys are wonderful.

Peace,
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#161707 04/04/09 09:35 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Congratulations to all winners! clap

Saskia smile

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#161708 04/04/09 11:30 PM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Congratulations again to all winners and thumbsup to the K-COM for organizing this shindig.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#161709 04/05/09 01:02 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Congratulations to all the winners and the nominees, and not forgetting the K-Comm who give so much of their time each year to make sure we all have a great time. smile

Yours Jenni

#161710 04/05/09 01:13 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well done to everyone - winners and nominees, K-Comm, presenters and attendees for what seems to have been yet another successful evening!

clap dance

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#161711 04/05/09 03:16 AM
Blogger
Blogger
Congratulations to everyone!
Really great stories in thatlast year. I am so enjoying these awards. It's just cool that we folcs have something like this. Great fun.

#161712 04/05/09 03:22 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
No... no, no, no.... NO! Ahhhh! I missed them! I missed the Kerths! *cries* I so did not mean to miss them this year. I don't know why, but I had it in my mind that they were next weekend. I've been insanely busy the last few months. I haven't told anyone yet, but I'm expecting a little surprise in another 5 months or so. laugh A surprise of the unexpected variety. Heh. So, as you can imagine, I've been a little preoccupied lately.

But I really did plan on attending last night! Pooh! *feels like a heel* shock I'm simply blown away. Thank you all so so much! I'm so glad you enjoyed the story that much. blush

And to all the other nominees and winners, I'm so very proud to stand along side all of you. Our fanfic forum is one of the very best (if not THE best) out there. We have some terrific writers and you should all be proud of yourselves, each and every time you swallow that lump in your throat and hit "post" to submit a new story to the boards. You're all winners in my book.

*ahem* And apparently I'm beginning to babble a little bit... so again, just let me say another heartfelt thank you. You guys are great. smile

-- DJ

P.S. - And my apologies to the KComm also for failing to attend and a thank you for all their hard work.

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
#161713 04/05/09 03:26 AM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
shock Wow jawdrop wow thud

Really? BNA? Me? Are you sure? I was shocked to any nominations at all, this is unbelievable! Wow.

I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the awards, time and technology went against me! Congrats to all the other winners and nominees and thanks to K-Comm for all your hard work!

#161714 04/05/09 03:44 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Congrats to all those nominated and to the winners. I couldn't attend the awards ceremony (but really wanted to), but voted, and was pleased to see this post with the selected winners.

Congrats also to the KComm committee for what seems to be another smooth Kerth ceremony under their belts!

I hope to make it next year and with the current stories being posted on these boards, I'm sure we'll have our work cut for us for picking nominees and eventual winners.

grinch

#161715 04/05/09 03:54 AM
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
<peeks in>

Kerth ceremony is over?! eek OMG I've missed so much?! blush

Anyway, congrats to the winners... smile thumbsup and the organizers. clap

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
#161716 04/05/09 08:36 AM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Considering how little I wrote last year, I was floored to even be nominated, much less win. My thanks to everyone who voted for my little story. One of the things that I love most is to tell a story and entertain people, so it's wonderful to know that I succeeded. Thanks to The K-Comm for all the terrific work that they do to put this ceremony together each year, and mostly to the readers and the writers who contribute the stories that we read. Being in the same category with them really makes me want to work hard to measure up.

I had a great time last night, and hope to be able to participate again next year.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
#161717 04/05/09 01:31 PM
A
Columnist
Columnist
A
Just wanted to add my thanks to everyone who worked on the Kerths, as well as to all the authors!

And congratulations to all the winners!

I had a great time last night - it was my first Kerth Awards ceremony, and I won't miss another one if I can help it!

Amber

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard