Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please can someone tell me all the loose ends left unresolved in the show, as I'm going to write a fanfic which I aim to explain them all. It's gonna be a crossover with another show and it'll tie up all that show's loose ends too. I won't mention what the other show is so it'll be a suprise. Anyway, anyone who can help, please do so. Thank you all.

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
The biggest one, of course, is the random baby in the dining room [or wherever it was] at the end of Family Hour...

Carol

Kerth
Kerth
That one's easy, he's Harry Potter

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. Are there any others?

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Other loose ends: Alt-Clark hadn't found his Lois yet; Perry and Alice got back together for a date, but we don't know how that went.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, for what it's worth, aside from "the random baby in the dining room" thing, I always thought the whole "incompatible for reproduction" thread was a lose end.

Somehow I had the impression that if there would have been an S5, they would have solved that little problem.

Bob

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks everyone. I'm gonna start it soon. You've all been great.

Kerth
Kerth
Hmm, in "A Bold from the Blue", the superpowers from Resplendant Man get transfered to an animal. Not sure if it was a cat or maybe a rat or mouse, but it sure has superpowers.

We still don't know where Clark's space ship is hidden, do we?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Kerth
Kerth
Did Clark ever find Lex's kryptonite factory? the cage he used at the end of S1 didn't seem to be normal green K, since Lex switched it on, so did he crack the secret of synthesizing it?

Marcus L. Rowland
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another loose end: what happens to Intergang? Is it still running? change of leadership? Because we know that at least Lois is convinced about Mindy Church being the head.

Secondly, what happened to the Red Kryptonite at the end of Lethal Weapon? Is it in Star Labs? Have all the pieces been found?

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I opened the floodgates. LOL. This is all great stuff.... And I thought the other show gave me a lot of loose ends to tie up.....

Kerth
Kerth
An obvious one - it's 12 years since the show ended, 16 since he first appeared in Metropolis. Some of the more serious criminals he caught in S1-2 must be eligible for parole by now.

Marcus L. Rowland
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I agree with Bob; Lois definitely would have been pregnant in the 5th season (if there was one)... after all, wasn't Teri Hatcher pregnant in real life? I've never bought that whole incompatability thing either!

--WD

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm beginning to think I've bitten off more than I can chew between the two shows....

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I agree with Bob; Lois definitely would have been pregnant in the 5th season (if there was one)... after all, wasn't Teri Hatcher pregnant in real life?
Yes, she was. But I don't think the plan was ever to have a pregnancy on the show. Indeed, according to Tim Minear, S5 was intended to start with the baby from FH having a rapid growth surge to instant teen and Lois and Clark having to deal with the problems of superteenage hormones and other teen problems amplified by super powers.

You might note that TM revisited that plotline with Angel (and almost killed off my interest in that show when he did. I loathed Connor. laugh ).

Two other plotlines sketched in for the season were an episode in which LNC would be sent back in time and meet their teen selves and an episode in which Alt-Clark would find and be reunited with his Lois.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks everyone for all your help. I'm gonna start work on the story tonight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey everyone. I started the planning work on it last night. I'll post a link here when it's up. So far I tied up all the L & C loose ends, except for 2 I created myself and about half the other show's loose ends. Not bad for one night's work....

Top Banana
Top Banana
Tempus--last we saw him, he was in a jail in 1866 Smallville. Did he ever get out of jail? Did he ever get back to the future? *snicker* Did Lois & Clark ever encounter him again?

Asabi--Where'd he go?

Jack--What happened to him? And his brother Denny too!

The Two Jimmys Conspiracy

Cat--Where is she now?

Who was the mysterious "Mike" in StGTTWNK?

The whole "Whatever I know, when you leave this room, I no longer know" conversation with Perry (a.k.a. the "because he can yodel" conversation)--Does he actually know that CK=S, or was he just saying he knew about Lois hiding Laderman? (That was the same episode, right?)

If Clark was saving people on his travels before the Pilot, why did no one come forward as having been saved by him once Superman came on the scene?

There are tons more, but my DVDs are in storage, so I can't watch them right now. But I'll totally make a list of loose ends for you next time I watch the series from beginning to end--which will probably be in the next month or so, since I have an urge to write more L&C fic at the moment, and need reference material.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Features Writer
Features Writer
I have one: What happened to the ultimate badass pink villain, Mindy Church?!? She wished Metropolis a Merry Christmas (complete with lethal Kryptonian virus) and vanished!

Clark: "You don't even know the meaning of the word 'humility,' do you?"

Lois: "Never had a need to find out its meaning."

"Curiosity... The Continuing Saga"
J
Blogger
Blogger
J
Baron Sunday turned into a snake and slithered off in Never on Sunday, never to be seen again.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard