Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
...when she got on the Shuttle illegally?

I am sure that there are state and federal laws that she broke. I am more than willing to even entertain made up laws, as long as they sound good.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
L
Columnist
Columnist
L
Trask style:
subversion of the American government by befriending an alien?

As for specific laws... I'll let someone who knows more than I do touch that....

Sara "Lieta"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Depending on how you classify a shuttle, isn't their a law against blind passengers on a plane huh

Then maybe espionage.

Trespassing.

Destruction of property.

Fraud.

But I'd assume there's no specific law against sneaking aboard a shuttle, same as I assume there isn't one against sneaking onto a military vessel. At least, no TV show (JAG, NCIS,...) ever mentioned one IIRC.

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
But I'd assume there's no specific law against sneaking aboard a shuttle, same as I assume there isn't one against sneaking onto a military vessel.
Um, you'd better not try it. TV shows generally aren't a good source of information on military law. The only exception I can think of is JAG, and that's not in production any more.

If you're on a US military vessel, you're subject to US military law, not civilian law, and command officers in the US Navy don't take kindly to unauthorized civilians on board their vessels. I can pretty much guarantee that you'd end up arrested and charged with violation of military law. The same stern rules apply to US military bases of any service, so whoever has jurisdiction over the shuttle would be the legal authority.

If it's civilian law, you could be charged with trespassing, breaking and entering, fraud or theft (for attempting to stow away - like on a ship or an airplane), or a number of other things. Military law - well, you're taking your future in your hands and tossing it against a wall of cheese graters. The rules of conduct and evidence in military court are far different from those in civilian court. It's easier to get a conviction and the sentences are generally harsher.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ok, this could make things easier. In my universe the Air Force would be the one that would be in charge of anything that gets shot into space.

Which, in this instance, is a good thing (I can't tell more without giving away the plot.)

Ok, Let's say that her being stowed away is being weighed against the fact that she pointed out the bomb to mission control and accomplished something else that the US government wanted done anyway.

There needs to be some slap on the wrist of some kind, otherwise everybody is going to be doing it...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, if you just want to slap her on the wrist, they could detain her immediately until all the other papers have reported on Superman and stuff, citing national security and so on. That should really show her laugh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Fines are a good slap on the wrist, as are sentencing someone to time already served. If she were military, they would have different methods, of course.

Elisabeth

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard