Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#160627 11/02/08 08:02 PM
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I'm starting to plan out my next fic, and I was wondering if anyone knows a good source online about Krypton. Not New Krypton, mind you, but the actual Krypton. I'm looking for general information on Kryptonian culture and customs and such, but also specifically why the planet exploded, the events leading up to it, and things like that.

Can anyone give me a hand?

#160628 11/02/08 08:26 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
There's some cool information on Dandello's site here .

wave

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#160629 11/03/08 06:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There's some information here .

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#160630 11/03/08 09:40 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Also check out 'The Last Days of Krypton' by Kevin Anderson - it's out in paperback.

Traditionally, the only survivors of Krypton were the inhabitants of Argo City (who died later), the inhabitants of Kandor (the city was stolen by Brainiac) and the Phantom Zone prisoners.

L&C added the colony of New Krypton.

Prior to Superman the Movie, Krypton was an idyllic, probably technocratic, society. Jor-El was a brilliant up-and-coming scientist with a fixation on the world ending.

In Superman the Movie, Jor-El was a scientific and political leader (with a fixation on the world ending.) However, instead of an idyllic, garden planet, it became an ice world ruled by an autocratic council of elders.

The Superman universe re-set (which L&C is based on) had Krypton being much like Earth in that it had a rich and occasionally violent history. Jor-El was a senior scientist whose research and conclusions were considered too far outside the accepted norms.

You can assume that Zara's description of New Krypton is a simplified reflection of Old Krypton.

In the Movies, Krypton was taken out when its star exploded.

In L&C, it's pretty obvious it was the planet. (We're not going to discuss the impossibility of the ship's nav device seeing the ship escape the planet.)

One traditional explanation was that an experiment (or a doomsday device of some nature) converted the planet's core (traditionally uranium) into kryptonite. This lead to instabilities in the planet's structure leading it to violently disintegrate.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#160631 11/03/08 01:26 PM
A
Features Writer
Features Writer
A
Probably less information than some of the others, but whenever I do searches on anything Lois and Clark, the Smallville wiki comes up. Not sure how much of the information is unique to Smallville, but here\'s the link to the page on Krypton.

#160632 11/06/08 08:41 PM
Beth S. Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Thanks so much, everyone! These are some great resources and will definitely get me what I need.

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard