Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
40013!

I don't think I am going to make it, but by golly I'm going to get close!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Columnist
Columnist
You can do it! May the power be with you! laugh

Congrats to everyone! It doesn't matter if you made it to 50k or not. The fact that you are here is enough.

I'll admit, when I signed up a huge part of me honestly didn't believe that I would make it. I hardly finish anything that I start, and writing for me has always been like pulling teeth--especially when it comes to original fiction.

So this is a huge accomplishment for me.

hyper <------ this is me right now!

Thanks you guys, for all of your support and encouragment. And congrats again to everyone.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
YAY SYMBOLIC!!!!

party party party party party party

Carol

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
YAY ELISABETH!!!

party party party party party party party party

Carol

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
YAY JESSI!!!

Carol

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
YAY KAYLLE!!!!

Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
And congrats to James who made his last 1.4K words by uncontracting his contractions, but boy howdy everything else was legit. No word padding for this guy. If only he didn't have the intellect of mashed potatoes after writing nonstop from 1:23 PM to 11:13 PM.

Elisabeth

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
YAY JAMES!!!!

I noticed you getting closer and closer and hoped you'd make it!

Carol

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! Look at all those winners! You guys did great!

I knew going into Nano this year that I probably wouldn't make it. I was already too stressed over some things at work, and I didn't need the stress of trying to hit 50,000 words. However, I got a good start on my book and averaged over 500 words per day, which is about 3 times normal. Unfortunately, I've caught up with what I outlined before November 1, so I need to get back to outlining and writing. I'm going to use some of the techniques I've learned during Nano, like spending 15 minutes plotting each day and then freewriting in two 10-minute bursts. That ought to keep me at the 500 wpd pace and let me keep writing even when work goes insane halfway through January.

Again, congratulations to all of you! It's great to see that you've made it to that 50,000 word goal.

EDITED TO ADD: I passed 16,700 words, which is over 1/3 the way to 50,000 words. If I maintain this pace, I should be done with the first draft by the end of next semester since I'm shooting for 100,000 words. And that'll give me the summer to work on editing.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, brain is working again. I started out at 40,013 and ended with 50,171.

My beautiful and lovely slave...er, wife kept encouraging me.

Even my eldest daughter helped.
"Daddy, your not typing!" She only did this once, but it we the thought that counted.
we found a wonderful website that do a Looping Stopwatch with a variety of sounds (Don't pick the horn!) that is almost entirely changeable.

We set if for 15 minutes and let it go. As long as I was doing 250 every 15, I was good.

At the end I was just typing faster and faster and I am not really looking forward to going back and seeing if I can interpret the mass of misspelling.

BUT I DID IT!
James

Top Banana
Top Banana
Congrats to everyone!!!!

I'm so proud of you all! You guys make me glad I wrangled people into doing this that first year. smile I might not can write worth a dang but I sure do love encouraging the people who can to do it!

Sorry I wasn't around much this year. Depression has hit me hard the last few weeks so I've been a hermit but I'm so glad to see how many of you finished and that has surely helped to brighten my day a little.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
How many have actually finished their stories, regardless of the 50K number?

Elisabeth
who isn't raising her hand

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
/whistles while looking around then points/

LOOK! IT'S A BIRD!

No.

IT'S A PLANE!

No.

IT'S A FLYING GUY IN TIGHTS!

/runs and hides while everyone is looking/

Top Banana
Top Banana
Time to pimp my friend's community.

http://community.livejournal.com/dec_thru_oct/

Anyone who has competed in National Novel Writing Month (nanowrimo.org) knows that there's a great power in giving yourself concrete writing goals and a deadline to finish them by. Throw in an ambitious, motivated community and suddenly a 50K word novel in 30 days sounds plausible.

This community is designed to keep that nano momentum alive, all year long.

Unlike nano, we do not specify the writing or creative goals. We encourage members to post their own goals at the beginning of each month and subsequent status posts, and then we root each other on. Whether your goal is to write for five minutes every day, finish revisions on your novel, or submit your poetry to three different publications this month, we're here to support you all the way and toast you when your goal is accomplished.

Our focus is writing, but anyone with a creative goal (drawing, cosplay, music...) is more than welcome.

Many of the girls (and guys) in this group write Anime fanfiction but anyone is welcome... if you guys are interested in having people help you keep writing goals you might want to check that out.

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I know I'm very scarce on these boards but congrats to all the NaNo winners. I participated for the first time this year and am excited to say I wrote 50K toward a novel I've started 4 years ago. On October 31, I had 15 pages of it. On November 1st, I re-wrote those 15 pages and then kept going. I hit 50K on November 29. On December 1 I came down with a horrid cold and have been bedridden all week. I think the NaNo gods kept the cold away until I finished. My book is a romance novel that should be about 55-60K when complete and will be targetted to Silhouette Special Edition. My plan is to pitch it to an editor at the RWA conference in Washington, DC next July.

It was a great experience for me and proved I could write a whole novel. Well, actually I still have a chapter or two to write, and then I edit and polish. Our TGIO brunch is tomorrow and if I continue to feel better, I should be able to attend.

Way to go fellow Wrimos!

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Hurray! party

I wish I'd known you were writing, since I would have encouraged you along the way. Congrats. Let us know if/when you find a publisher.

Elisabeth

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Just wanted to pop in and say that I finished writing my NaNo book, submitted it to an online pitch contest on the eHarlequin website and was selected as one of eleven finalists. We all got to pitch in the eHarlequin chat room last Thursday and the editor of Silhouette Special Edition requested my full manuscript. I have to edit it and polish it up all nice and shiny. My goal is to have it out the door by April 1st. This doesn't assure me of a sale, but it darn sure gets my foot in the door.

Marilyn
Check out our blog at www.writingplayground.blogspot.com
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Marilyn, that's so wonderful! Congratulations! I know you've been working hard on this for several years, and I'm so glad to see your success. Let us know what the editor has to say about it.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome!

Elisabeth
usurping James' keyboard again

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard