Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Elisabeth:
Are you writing with us Iolan? The more the merrier.
Actually, Elisabeth, I did finish a fic in the "Smallville" universe that worked out to be 1471 KB. I'm not an incredibly fast writer and it took me about six months. I finished it in October.

Then I learned about NaNoWriMo! Alas, just at that time I was a little burned out. Burned out enough that I said, "Meh, did it already this year," and put NaNoWriMo on the back burner.

I hope I still get credit for the previous fic! (But I didn't include Tim Mitchell, *sob*.)

Congrats to you and to others who actually are working and actually are making progress and who will actually complete NaNoWriMo!

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm still glad that you're hanging out with us, even if you aren't on the dance floor at the moment.

I've got my first 2600 words written for today and am hoping for another 2500, even if it's improbable.

My last line so far: She reached out for Clark, but he wasn’t there. She was alone with the monkey.

Elisabeth

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
ROTFL!

Knowing what I know about your plot, I'm having visions of a particular movie...

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
26441 words

Last line.

Martha asked the Major, “How convenient.. What role will Clark play in this fabrication?"

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
28144 words.

Last line,

The little Asgard had modified the hologram to make himself appear human, but on the small side. It was his desire to experience a modern earthen funeral.

James

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm at 38,818. I was going strong for awhile but then got lost because I don't know SOP.

My 100 word auto-summary:

Clark winced. “Clark’s on diuretics?” Perry interrupted. Perry nodded. Clark chuckled. Lois sighed. Lois asked. “If you say so.” What if we infect Clark Kent too? Clark nodded. Clark shrugged. Earth to Clark.”

Same old Lois. “Lois?”

Clark slept fitfully. “Jimmy?”

Clark shrugged. Lois smiled. It’s Lois. Clark smiled at her. Face it, Clark. Clark asked.

Lois rolled her eyes. “Where’s Clark?”

Lois sighed. Clark shrugged. Perry nodded. Mindy Church? “Lois, Lois, Lois! Perry called her. “Hey, Clark.”

Clark nodded. It was Clark. You, Lois.”

“Jimmy?” “Yeah, Perry?” “Clark?”

Clark nodded. Where was Clark? “Hi, Perry. x-Lois
Clark

Elisabeth
PS While I will neither confirm nor deny the references to movie plots in my story, I'm dying to know what movie you're thinking of. I know quite a few that include monkeys.

Columnist
Columnist
Woo hoo!

I reached the 40,000 mark. I'm amazed at myself. I'll fly through work tomorrow on a literary high! laugh

Last few paragraphs for tonight:

“Where the hell have you been? We were worried sick when we found the door left open and all the lights on.”

Aidan sauntered into the room. “What are you doing here, Dad?” he asked, not bothering to answer his father’s question.

His younger brother entered the room just then. “I don’t think he has a life. The only number I found was one for a woman named McKenzie. I called, but there was no answer. I have no clue where we should start. Maybe we should…” Logan’s eyes widened as he found his brother standing in the middle of the living room.

“Or maybe it’s a moot point now,” he finished before approaching his brother and giving him a bear hug. “You had us worried, big brother. How have you been?”

Happy writing, everyone!

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Congratulations! party

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm making it a point to not fall further behind, but I haven't been able to gain ground since Sunday. I'm almost a full day behind. It's still do-able.

Elisabeth
color me purple with envy, Carol

Columnist
Columnist
It's very do-able, Elisabeth. I was something close to 8 thousand words behind not too long ago--I'm having trouble remembering exactly when and how many words. The days this month are all blurred together. It's been chaos!

But I somehow got caught up. It's been a very fun, although bumpy ride.

Anyway, just wanted to offer some encouragement.

BTW, is anyone else looking forward to November ending? I miss having a life! laugh

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
YAY! To Elisabeth and Symbolic for crossing the 40K mark!!!

party party party

I want to say I had 25K left with 3-4 days left last year. I'm almost positive it was 12Kish on the last day [will have to look that up in last year's thread]. Of course, I did next to nothing the last couple of days but write. DH laid in bed and cried from his kidney stone and DS - a week post-surgery - laid with him because he needed someone to cuddle him and DH could do that in his pained state.

Less than 10K is about 2K a day [2500 if you take Thanksgiving out].

It's definitely doable!

You guys can do it!!

Carol [who ordered a new TV last night and realizes that has nothing to do with anything but is excited about it]

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
33320 words

It's amazing what you can do with a 3.5 hour drive...

Last scene written

Current Section : Lois rescued by Kal el, again

Kal El landed at EPRAD Mission control. He eimmediately went to the Main controller. “you need to delay the launch, you have a stowaway on board.”

The Controler looked pained. “We’ve already started the engines. If we shut done the launch now we will miss our window opportunity during the refuel.”

“If you think you have enough fuel for the additional one hundred and three pounds, then we’ll deal with the situation one the shuttle docks.”

“We should be good for the additional weight. One of the original colonist got sick and wasn’t replace in time.” The controller looked up and his face went ashen. He immediately hit a rather large red button and klaxons started going off.

“THE MISSION IS ABORTED! THE MISSION IS ABORTED!”

Kal El turned to the man. He simply pointed.

On the screens above them, Lois Lane was pointing at the bomb.

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
The novel I wrote isn't anything like the novel I wanted to write. At the time I outlined it, I knew I didn't normally write suspenseful stories but I thought I might stretch myself. Instead I've written something that isn't suspenseful at all; in fact, there are large sections that are rather humorous. I hope others enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them. I especially like the whining jerk and the asides.

What about y'all? Did your stories turn out to be what you expected them to be?

Not my last line: “So what you’re saying is that you didn’t need me to do anything.”

He shrugged. “Apparently not.”

She sputtered indignantly, “You’re just going to make up my mind for me?”

He yawned. “Apparently so.”

Elisabeth
43798 words--which is past 100 pages

PS Yesterday both of my girls made their goals. All they need to do is compose their book covers.

Columnist
Columnist
My story is far from finished, even though I am almost to 50,000 words. And I've found that my story has a mind of its own. I've got scenes scattered all over the place, and now I'm going to have to play connect the dots. laugh It should be fun--er, I mean frustrating.

I'm starting to think that getting to 50k is going to be the easy part, putting together what I've written into a novel, and then trying to get it published, is going to be the hard part.

But the bumpy ride of November has been fun, and I'm glad that I had all of you guys to share it with.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
35543 words

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
I'm still behind, but not out of the running. I doubt I'll finish my story much before Sunday night but I will get to 50K.

Last line written (not the last line of the story): She wondered if he would prefer her hair down, but then again it made no sense to undo her braids in the heat of Missouri’s July weather.

Elisabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Last section worked on

Now if there was just some way to get her to samall veil.

Nothing short of en ecological disaster would get her ther, He supoesd in his head.

James

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
party party party

You guys are doing great!!!!

Symbolic and Elisabeth are over 45K!!!!

Jessi [cape fetish] and Aromassa have broken 40K!!!!

Kaylle was within a couple hundred words of 40K last night [though she didn't update her NANO profile].

James is over 35K!

You guys rock!

36 hours or so for most of us - you can do it!!

Carol

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Sheila might be behind, but she still has written almost every single day this month. Congrats go to her, as well.

Elisabeth

C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
Go Sheila!!!!

And YAY AROMASSA!!! You did it!!!!

There's still quite a few within striking distance!

party party party

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard