Next Thread
Print Thread
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
What kind of dr. would he be? Hypnotheraptist or something? The script just says hypnotists, but surely you don't have to have any kind of doctorate or whatever to be a hypnotist so...

Other thoughts?

[Novak is the guy who ends up stuffed in the box btw, the one who hypnotizes Perry. I had to check the script to remember which was which wink .]

TIA
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
In the episode, it's implied that Novak is an expert in his field. My suspicion would be that he was a psychologist or maybe even a psychiatrist who specialized in hypnotherapy. He probably found there was more money for him as an entertainer than as a practicing therapist.

Of course, in reality, lowering mental barriers enough to be hypnotized is a voluntary action unless drugs, or other artificial means, are involved. And being a voluntary action, a person cannot be ordered to do anything they consider abhorrent.

Which means that an action committed under hypnosis is one the person wanted to do in the first place (at least on some level) and they simply wanted and needed external permission to do it.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
C
carolm Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
C
So someone could call him a 'psychohypnotherapist' [which I know isn't a real thing] and be at least sort of right? wink

Thanks.
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
A psycho-hypnotherapist would probably work.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard